Matchmaking Rigged?

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
12/29/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Zuljinisop
12/29/2018 03:14 PMPosted by sparkzignite
Old topic but wondering if there was any large scale tests done that someone knows of?

- edited out the rest for all the people that just see my whinging, instead of my question.

Cant so No. But the RNG sure is stupid much of the time.

Tempo Mage

Coin Spellzerker +2 spell power
turn 2 play second Spellzerker
turn 3 play Explosive rune
turn 4 play cinderstorm
turn 5 play another explosive rune
turn 6 play another cinder storm
turn 7 play fireball GG

So 6 of the first 10 cards were all doubles?

Do you know the mathematical odds for that to happen? Yeah- there isn't anything fishy about the RNG.

Do you know that a non-legend card has a ~50% of being in hand on turn 2 if you mulligan aggressively for it?

Do you know what random actually means?
I've played thousands of games. Does it feel rigged sometimes? Sure. If I analyze the data from my tracked games, is there evidence of rigging? No. It's simply my mind trying to say it's not my fault I lost. If I watch my replays, I can find the mistakes I made and try to improve my decisions.

Edit

There are websites dedicated to analyzing data from hearthstone and they haven't found anything so you don't have to take my word for it.
Old topic but wondering if there was any large scale tests done that someone knows of?

- edited out the rest for all the people that just see my whinging, instead of my question.

Hey there! I didn't read all the other responses so I apologize if I'm repeating other responses.

This topic has been brought up quite a bit and most say no but there are a few out there that genuinely believe it is rigged.

As for me, I believe anything is possible. I play to win which is fun to me. I'll play until I lose a match. Take a break, come back and repeat. This has been successful for me plus it breaks up the grind for me.

The matchmaking system...nobody is entirely sure on how it works and I think it's for the best.

Honestly, its a good question and judging by all the downvotes, and edit, some forummers are sick of seeing this question.

I am naturally curious about how anything and everything works but the MM system remains a mystery.

Watson! Be a good chap and help me solve this mystery!

All kidding aside, why would it be rigged against you and not a streamer or a tournament player?
12/29/2018 07:33 PMPosted by Gwyneth

Hey there! I didn't read all the other responses so I apologize if I'm repeating other responses.

This topic has been brought up quite a bit and most say no but there are a few out there that genuinely believe it is rigged.

As for me, I believe anything is possible. I play to win which is fun to me. I'll play until I lose a match. Take a break, come back and repeat. This has been successful for me plus it breaks up the grind for me.

The matchmaking system...nobody is entirely sure on how it works and I think it's for the best.

Honestly, its a good question and judging by all the downvotes, and edit, some forummers are sick of seeing this question.

I am naturally curious about how anything and everything works but the MM system remains a mystery.

Watson! Be a good chap and help me solve this mystery!

All kidding aside, why would it be rigged against you and not a streamer or a tournament player?
Just go back up a couple, I explained the theory I had heard about that had me a bit paranoid. But no I don't believe it is rigged. No way of knowing for certain though, so don't know why so many people were quick to disregard it without their own solid evidence. I simply asked for proof either way. Got one real piece of evidence from a response and a handful of decent responses based on peoples beliefs. Rest was just the lynch mob. Who I doubt even play competitive at the top ranks. So would have no idea of the current state of the meta beyond rank 5. Anyway, this one's tied up. Should have took a breather before I came here salty.
12/29/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Siperos
Nope. It's not rigged. If it was it would've been discovered and proved by now and a hell would've broke loose on Blizzard.

I've been playing this game since it went live and nobody yet can explain to me how the patterns can be so consistent. When you craft a new strong net deck with a consistent 55-60% win rate, you get every solution in your hand and breeze through 20-30 matches and suddenly you hit a brick wall after that 30 or so and never seem to have the solution in YOUR hand while your opponents have every ridiculously unfathomable solution in what very seemingly almost appears to be scripted sequences. Could it be RNG? Sure, but not this consistently.

It's like clockwork. Craft, boom bust, craft boom bust and the number of games it takes is pretty regular. It's not that the cards aren't in your deck and it's not that people craft decks to counter you. It's against all the same exact decks in the same meta and the key cards you need for your deck to function never appear for like 20-30 games straight or for extremely rarely brief appearances when they cannot be played. It also has nothing in regard to the meta. I crafted both N'Zoth DR rogue and Kingsbane rogue waaaay late when the meta should have shifted and yet STILL I won like 30 games straight and then instantly hit a loss streak until they were running at below 40% win rate.

We have been shown time again that Blizz can control when and what cards can appear from your deck. WHY would they not use that to make money? Their bottom line is money and they have every tool they need. They know what cards make decks work and which ones are key to their functioning. They have a keen interest in retaining new players too and what best way than to make sure the noob gets a taste of a winning streak. If you've had the experiences I have you have experienced those times where a noob has a completely bare boned basic deck with no new or even relevant legendaries or epics and somehow just manage to have the most absolutely ridiculous luck. Also what best way to make money but to have you keening for that ONE legendary that you need to craft that next deck hoping that it will increase your win rate. It's all a well orchestrated scam and also why Blizzard is so stingy with their free card packs. In fact the absolute stingiest in the business compared to Eternal and other card games.

I won't even go into the time I have a hunter down to 5 HP and he played the lich hero card and got EIGHT LIFESTEAL ZOMBEAST MINIONS IN A ROW COMBINED WITH EITHER TAUNT OR POISON. Possible? I suppose but it would be astronomically unlikely. Either their RNG algorithms suck, I have a special kind of the worst luck ever, or they're pulling BS shenanigans in the backend. This is ONE example of probably hundreds I could give which I have considered highly suspicious. Oh..."but RNG" and the players will defend it with NO PROOF. Forget that I can't prove anything except with anecdotal evidence, they can't prove they're not either. The day they showed they can control when a card draws, they poisoned that well. Their behavior in nerfs thow they lack good judgement. It only seems logical they would use that ability to their advantage. FTR there is no such thing a true RNG in a digital game. The best they can do is emulate it, which I suppose the patterns could account for, but then again their algorithms must truly suck then.

Would a dev talk? Hell no. Non-disclosure and I am sure it helps to swallow the happy pill that tells them that it's for the good and the health of the game, Besides that, in the very rare case a dev HAS EVER broken an NDC, they have been permanently BLACKLISTED. If you studied to live out your lifelong dream of developing games and didn't want to ruin your family financially, would you talk? I doubt any of you would. I bet most people wouldn't have the guts.
Completely ignore the fanboys that swarm this forums, it's been long verified matchmaking is designed to screw you over if you win a couple games. You will hit game after game of decks that counter yours, and the moment you switch, you get countered by that deck. This game is rigged, and the community is garbage.
12/29/2018 08:23 PMPosted by Keman
Completely ignore the fanboys that swarm this forums, it's been long verified matchmaking is designed to screw you over if you win a couple games. You will hit game after game of decks that counter yours, and the moment you switch, you get countered by that deck. This game is rigged, and the community is garbage.

Genuinely curious where your verification is from, because the only large-scale experiment/statistical analysis that I've found on the subject came to the conclusion that there is no correlation between class/card choice and matchups/game losses but didn't test for win streaks. Care to share your source(s)?
12/29/2018 08:28 PMPosted by InfinityMin1
Genuinely curious where your verification is from, because the only large-scale experiment/statistical analysis that I've found on the subject came to the conclusion that there is no correlation between class/card choice and matchups/game losses but didn't test for win streaks. Care to share your source(s)?
(asking for source?) Shut up, fanboi!

/sarcasm
Some of you have definitely been hovering over these forums. Why else would you have hundreds or thousands of posts lol. I swear blizzard themselves couldn't have disliked my first post any quicker, short of them paying people to do it. We'll save that conspiracy for next thread though ;)
12/29/2018 04:12 PMPosted by sparkzignite
Why are people disliking a question?

ITS BECAUSE THESE PEOPLE BEEN TRYING TO FINISH THE EVERGLADES PAST TEN YEARS AND STILL IN 8TH GRADE.

They see a dislike - they click for dislike . Also, why you care ?
12/29/2018 08:01 PMPosted by GallowsPole
WHY would they not use that to make money?
I'm not gonna dignify your walls of text of bullcrap with a long response so I'm just gonna answer to this simple, but most important, question of yours;

Because it's not worth it. It would be discovered eventually (like all the other rigged patterns and shady business practices in other games), people would get pissed. Blizzard loses their reputation and good will of their fans, players will leave and then they start to LOSE money instead of making it.

And, I'm no lawyer, but I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard would get into legal problems as well for rigging their match making system while telling their customers it's perfectly random (to a degree). In other words LYING to their customers.

And lastly; do you have any idea how complicated and intelligent the match making would have to be in order to check each and every single card in your and your opponents' decks and then be smart enough to determine each deck's core strategies, win conditions and which deck has better chances to win? That would be one hell of a program. Close to artificial intelligence. And you think Hearthstone's match making is anywhere near that smart? Pfft BHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

No. Just no. But if you want to believe it then go ahead. Enjoy being wrong.

it's been long verified matchmaking is designed to screw you over if you win a couple games.
Sure. Of course it is. That's why you provide no links to your reliable and trustworthy source of the study with rock solid data and evidence to prove its claim. And that's why no news articles and news YouTube videos of this scandalous discovery have come up.

This game is rigged, and the community is garbage.
And you're contributing to it with your stupidity, so thank you for that. Thank you for being part of the problem.
12/29/2018 08:01 PMPosted by GallowsPole
12/29/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Siperos
Nope. It's not rigged. If it was it would've been discovered and proved by now and a hell would've broke loose on Blizzard.

I've been playing this game since it went live and nobody yet can explain to me how the patterns can be so consistent.

Can you explain why this "consistent patterns" can only be found in the form of anecdotal evidence, but never in the form of actual data?
12/29/2018 07:57 PMPosted by sparkzignite
Just go back up a couple, I explained the theory I had heard about that had me a bit paranoid. But no I don't believe it is rigged. No way of knowing for certain though, so don't know why so many people were quick to disregard it without their own solid evidence. I simply asked for proof either way. Got one real piece of evidence from a response and a handful of decent responses based on peoples beliefs. Rest was just the lynch mob. Who I doubt even play competitive at the top ranks. So would have no idea of the current state of the meta beyond rank 5. Anyway, this one's tied up. Should have took a breather before I came here salty.

I think the most logical evidence that can apply is through your own experience.
Why people believe that the game is rigged or not is from the experience.

However, to convert that experience into reliable evidence, one need to apply with reliable system of research.

I apply a simplistic approach to my games,

Record the games I have played over a period of 1 month. A decent deck tracker would automized the data collection process with much ease. Parameters needs to be set where can increase the reliability of the data collected, such as minimal amount of games (e.g. 100), deck consistency (no changes to deck in between the test time frame), etc

The end results I have collected does seems to indicate that there is no evidence of rigging while sometimes my emotional state may feel otherwise.
12/29/2018 03:22 PMPosted by sparkzignite
Jeezus Hearthstone police on the prowl. Just posted it and get 3 dislikes. Didn't even read what I was asking I bet.

There are a lot of Astroturfers on this forum.
12/30/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Eric

ITS BECAUSE THESE PEOPLE BEEN TRYING TO FINISH THE EVERGLADES PAST TEN YEARS AND STILL IN 8TH GRADE.

Because it's a human thing to care when the majority dislike you or something you've said. Don't lie to yourself. If you didn't care you wouldn't be posting in an online forum. In saying that I've been around a few different online communities and there all the same. They grow toxic because of their isolation. So I question the dissaproval and challenge the trolls. Stand the !@#$ up if you've got something to say and don't hide behind the dislike button.
12/30/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Nightmare
There are a lot of Astroturfers on this forum.
There has never, ever, been any hard evidence that Hearthstone's matchmaking is "rigged" in any meaningful way. After more than four years of being available for the general public to play and test it, no one has found any verifiable evidence that the matchmaking is rigged.

If the matchmaking really was rigged, it would only take one person to prove it. So why have hundreds, if not thousands of people over the course of Hearthstone's history, failed to offer even the slightest hint of actual proof to back their claims?

It has nothing to do with astroturfing. Why would Blizzard even bother wasting their manpower and resources to throw dislikes at a mere forum post? It's quite simple; the claim that the matchmaking is "rigged" has already been thoroughly debunked hundreds of times, and debunked claims are awarded with dislikes on these forums.
12/30/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Eric

he posted on his own thread to bump it because nobody was answering to it

hes just an attention starving kid
12/30/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Boreas
<span class="truncated">...</span>

he posted on his own thread to bump it because nobody was answering to it

hes just an attention starving kid
Says the adult with 6000 posts on a video game forum. Nice