Matchmaking Rigged?

Play Mode Discussion
12/30/2018 04:12 PMPosted by sparkzignite
Says the adult with 6000 posts on a video game forum. Nice
Says the guy who resorts to insult-slinging when someone calls him a kid.
12/30/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Boreas
12/30/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Eric

ITS BECAUSE THESE PEOPLE BEEN TRYING TO FINISH THE EVERGLADES PAST TEN YEARS AND STILL IN 8TH GRADE.

They see a dislike - they click for dislike . Also, why you care ?

he posted on his own thread to bump it because nobody was answering to it

hes just an attention starving kid
How is this not an insult yet mine is? Where do you get your logic from?
12/30/2018 05:20 PMPosted by sparkzignite
Of course he was insulting you, too. But you stooped to his level instead of playing it cool, like an adult.

If the best you can do when someone challenges your claim is personal attacks and anecdotal evidence, then there's nothing left to discuss in this thread.
12/30/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Monlyth
12/30/2018 05:20 PMPosted by sparkzignite
Of course he was insulting you, too. But you stooped to his level instead of playing it cool, like an adult.

If the best you can do when someone challenges your claim is personal attacks and anecdotal evidence, then there's nothing left to discuss in this thread.
Oh so you let people trash talk you. I don't. He couldn't even defended himself like an 'adult' would. You stepped in with a weak response to try and defend the already unnecessary comment. People like you justified what I said, your doing nothing but attacking my character instead of sticking to topic. So I lash back. You literally came into this thread to trash me. Why not add something productive to it? Oh because it's not about helping people, it's about who's the smartest and who can they bully around. Who's next?
12/30/2018 05:36 PMPosted by sparkzignite
Oh so you let people trash talk you. I don't. He couldn't even defended himself like an 'adult' would. You stepped in with a weak response to try and defend the already unnecessary comment. People like you justified what I said, your doing nothing but attacking my character instead of sticking to topic. So I lash back. You literally came into this thread to trash me. Why not add something productive to it? Oh because it's not about helping people, it's about who's the smartest and who can they bully around. Who's next?
You're still just being defensive about your wounded pride. How am I supposed to add anything productive to the post when all you focus on or reply to is petty insults?

I left a post on the previous page disputing your claim that the matchmaking is rigged, but you have seemingly chosen to ignore it.
12/30/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Monlyth
12/30/2018 05:36 PMPosted by sparkzignite
You're still just being defensive about your wounded pride. How am I supposed to add anything productive to the post when all you focus on or reply to is petty insults?

I left a post on the previous page disputing your claim that the matchmaking is rigged, but you have seemingly chosen to ignore it.
Okay well leave it at that then if you did make a constructive comment. And don't provoke me. If anyone says something just to belittle me of course I'm going to defend myself. I don't care if it's in a forum or your in my face. I'm getting even. Simple. Your not an 'adult' if you can't even stick up for yourself. Pride isn't hurt, in fact the only thing that's gotten at me is how illogical some of the thinking is, just to be right. Learn to be wrong. Look back you'll see I admitted my short comings as well as responded in an 'adult' manner to people that were mature and answered the question or at least we're constructive.That's called being an 'adult'. I'll admit when I'm wrong, but this is not that time.
Its rigged allright , but fanboys prefere to stay blind and highly dislike when you point it out. If you want to know more google activision algorhytm.
12/31/2018 07:20 AMPosted by Molot
Its rigged allright , but fanboys prefere to stay blind and highly dislike when you point it out. If you want to know more google activision algorhytm.
Okay. So why has every actual statistical analysis come up empty-handed? Yes, Activision was researching a matchmaking algorithm that matched "have-nots" with "haves", but that alone is hardly compelling proof. Blizzard/Activision could simply choose not to use it for Hearthstone's matchmaking algorithm, for fear of what would happen if they got caught.

Give me a proper statistical analysis, conducted with a minimum of 200 games played (I'd prefer 1000 or more, but I know that would take a long time), that proves your theory. If you can do that, I'll believe you.

But knowing the way conspiracy theorists like you operate, you're too lazy to put in the effort to obtain any actual hard evidence.

Or perhaps, deep down, you know that your beliefs are false and you don't put in the effort to find actual proof, because part of you knows that there is no proof to be found.
12/31/2018 07:39 AMPosted by Monlyth
Blizzard/Activision could simply choose not to use it for Hearthstone's matchmaking algorithm, for fear of what would happen if they got caught.
They have it . its proven to make makey and they "choose" not to use it? Gimme a break.

Give me a proper statistical analysis, conducted with a minimum of 200 games played (I'd prefer 1000 or more, but I know that would take a long time), that proves your theory. If you can do that, I'll believe you.
You can make it yourself. Its not my job to prove stuff to scrubs. I have all the proof i need . but go ahead and prove me wrong,
12/31/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Molot
You can make it yourself. Its not my job to prove stuff to scrubs.
So in other words you got nothing. Just like we all knew you didn't.

but go ahead and prove me wrong,
Eeer, no. That's not how this works. You're making the claim: "Hearthstone's match making is rigged." YOU prove that is the case. You got no evidence? Then it can be dismissed without evidence.

I have all the proof i need .
Would it be your personal bias? What a great "proof" you got there, buddy.

But hey, believe what you will. Let us know when you're willing to show that "proof" to us. Something other than the 'Activision Pattern'-article because that proves nothing. Only suggests that it's possible at best.
You can make it yourself. Its not my job to prove stuff to scrubs. I have all the proof i need . but go ahead and prove me wrong,

We have millions of data points, which all say there is nothing fishy going on. Until you are able to clarify what effect there even should be, nothing further can be shown. Just want to clarify that "it is clear, if you play the game" pretty much means that it would also be painfully obvious if you ever looked at any statistics about the game anywhere.

They have it . its proven to make makey and they "choose" not to use it? Gimme a break.

We actually have no proof they have it (and no the patent is not a proof of it). Where is it proven to make money? (But sure, technically Blizz could acquire data to prove it after using it.) Now I give you the break: Getting caught would be a PR suicide for decades to come and would most assuredly lose them money if not even drive them bankrupt.

Essentially you are claiming there is an effect that can be seen with the naked eye, but can not be measured or seen in any data no matter the sample size... Does that sound like a reasonable argument to you?
Yup its so rigged it somehow lands on worthy opponent every single time. What are the chances? Evil Blizzard is icing out all the other contenders from Shabby shaman to really slow guy. I guess I dont mind not facing your worst nightmare or grand master but getting some free wins from the worst player or new guy woukd be nice. I would go so far to say that there are more bad players than good players in the wheel so landing on worthy opponent everytime is costing me wins so perhaps u r right.

Fallen, is that you?

In all seriousness though, people HAVE done statistical analysis on this sort of thing (I literally posted a link to it earlier in this thread), and they found no sufficient evidence of rigging in matchmaking based on decks, cards, and/or class. Insisting that you "have all the proof you need" at this point is practically the same as saying "I value personal anecdotes over data".

Here's the link again, for people who don't want to look back through this thread and would like to learn about the analysis:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/9wpsgh/empirical_investigation_of_opponent_selection_in/
Blizzard/Activision could simply choose not to use it for Hearthstone's matchmaking algorithm, for fear of what would happen if they got caught.

You're the one making excuses for your losses, which makes you a scrub by definition. Must be sad to have your ego so bruised by a card game that you'll do anything to explain away your losses. You realize there are real things to get super upset about and go in denial over right? HS ain't one of them.
I swear these “rigged” enthusiasts are really just one or two people with new avatars. They’re that similar. I should take a shot every time someone claims it’s rigged and then states they don’t need to prove anything.
Well, look at that, you're too lazy to obtain any hard evidence, just like I predicted.

News flash, troll: it's not my job to obtain proof for your ridiculous claims. That's on you. If you have no proof, you have no argument.

I have mountains of verifiable proof that your ridiculous claim is false. I can point to any one of the hundreds of studies conducted by the Hearthstone community over the years, all concluding that there is no rigging in the matchmaking. Yet you cannot show me even the slightest scrap of proof. Therefore, we can safely conclude that your claim is false.

And until you obtain some actual proof, there is nothing left to discuss here.
it's rigged. fanboys can downvote all they want, but it happens too often that you switch decks because you're seeing nothing but counters... only to see nothing but counters to your new deck.
12/31/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Pistdov
it's rigged. fanboys can downvote all they want, but it happens too often that you switch decks because you're seeing nothing but counters... only to see nothing but counters to your new deck.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand no proof. Welcome to my ignore list, conspiracy theorist. Enjoy living in fear of the lizardmen.
12/31/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Monlyth
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand no proof. Welcome to my ignore list, conspiracy theorist. Enjoy living in fear of the lizardmen.

oh no, not some random nobody's ignore list. whatever will i do.
Yet you continue to play even though you believe its rigged...........brilliant.