Val'anyr needs ban in arena!

Arena Discussion
It is just insane, if you draft it it's an instant 12 wins. How can MCT get banned and this still be in the draft? blizzard common!
01/08/2019 03:30 AMPosted by HitTheCore
if you draft it it's an instant 12 wins.

Yeah. But you also need very stupid opponents who don't have any silence in decks. Such miracles don't happen at level 12.
I said this way back when Legendary Weapons were first revealed that they should all be banned from Arena. Every Time I got Val'anyr it was an easy 12 win deck.

01/08/2019 02:40 PMPosted by SSD
Yeah. But you also need very stupid opponents who don't have any silence in decks. Such miracles don't happen at level 12.

There are only a few cards that can deal with a Val'anyr buffed minion and you don't always get offered one in your drafts. I have had many draft never being offered one of the 2 neutral Silence cards currently in standard or a class card that transforms silences or bounces a minion so its a pretty rare answer and even if your opponent has it they only have the one so its easy enough to bait out.

Also we had Mindbreaker as a soft counter to DK's but that didn't stop them from being banned.