What the !@#$ has Blizzard been smoking with this RNG?!?

Play Mode Discussion
What the !@#$ I put like 13 Cursed Blood in the Enemys Deck, with him having like 17 Cards Total.

And he doesn´t draw a single %^-*ing one of them, while i have 27 Cards with 13 Cursed Bloods and draw like 6 in a row!

I would if it happened just one Game, but happened repeatedly now in 3 Games...

Either I´m one of the unluckiest Gamer´s in Hearthstone History, or the RNG is !@#$ing me over hard this Season.
Well good luck figuring out HS's badly coded "rng" (total randomness is impossible in programming anyways) for years now. Getting the same golden cards 3 times in a row/ getting the same legendary (Nat Pagle) 3 times in a row before that no-legendary-duplicate rule was implemented ... so yeah, sometimes the game just picks the same numbers over and over.
Impossible for him to draw 6 times and not hit one with those numbers u gave
How is anyone responsible for RNG?
12/27/2018 03:49 AMPosted by redrum
How is anyone responsible for RNG?

Randomness is not the problem, people who don't understand randomness are ...
12/27/2018 01:25 AMPosted by GetSchwifty
(total randomness is impossible in programming anyways)

How do you figure ?

Math.floor(Math.random() * (number of options) + 1)

It's one of the easiest things to do.
As someone who hates that card and decks that use it, I find that hilarious

Objectively, bad RNG happens and is not pre-programmed. That's a very childlike mentality.
Welcome to Hearthstone! RNG wins you games, RNG loses you games. Sometimes lady luck smiles upon you, sometimes she shines on Your Opponent™.

Think of controling your RNG rage as the meta-meta game and you'll save yourself some nerves... and embarassing rageposts on the forums ofc.
You should have praised Hakkar more.
It's facinating how people pretend that shuffling a deck of cards is some sort of massive and challenging random number generation problem instead of a simple interleaving of two arrays problem.

The only "RNG" involved is the initial ordering of the deck. After that, it's purely mechanical; exactly the same as a perfect riffle shuffle of a physical deck is purely mechanical.

Even if you introduce some variance to simulate the "clumping" that occurs in a real-world shuffle, that's still a mechanical effect, not a RNG effect aimed at individual cards in the deck.

Deck shuffling is one of the oldest computer programming tasks there is. It's not some mysterious puzzle that invokes "RNG" on every card in the deck.
OP may not have it right, but in a recent game using 'Stolen Steel' I was given the same exact 3 weapons both times I played the card. While not mathematically impossible, the odds of that have to be pretty ridiculous.
12/27/2018 05:49 AMPosted by xlux
12/27/2018 01:25 AMPosted by GetSchwifty
(total randomness is impossible in programming anyways)

How do you figure ?

Math.floor(Math.random() * (number of options) + 1)

It's one of the easiest things to do.

He's talking about needing a seed. Randomness isn't 100% true in programming because it needs a seed and the seed is what determines the illusion of randomness.

Programming 101
Computers are better at random than humans.

Computer does random seed based on cpu clock cycles or something.

Human gets 2 sided coin and gets tails everytime and takes ur money