This might actually be the worst standard meta ever

Play Mode Discussion
and I played during kharazan shamanstone. At least then I could interact with the enemy decks. Every single deck in this meta is absolutely garbage to play against.

This new hybrid hunter !@#$ that's playing beasts and secrets to upgrade 5 mana 12/12. Rexxar is autowin vs anything control, zuljin autowin vs anything aggro. If it's not that, it's cube hunter summoning and cubing 8/8s or 7/7s charge. You kill their deathrattles so they don't activate them, and they just cube the 5/5s or whatever anyway.

Clone priest which is honestly the most cancerous thing I have ever seen. Just abuse resurrect mechanics over and over, deal 20 damage with each mind blast or 12 with holy smite. Get them low, and they manage to somehow get a copy of malygos or velen to spirit lash to full health, off 3 or 4 god damn minions.

There is otk paladin which now seems to be just draw, draw, draw. Clear with pyroquality or consecrate. Heal to full health with one shirvalla and crystalsmith.

This is honestly, IMO, the worst meta that they have ever created. These decks don't do anything to interact with you. At least in wild you see much more varied decks, but roll into the occasional turn 3 barnes.
Disagree.
At least there is fair diversity in the meta now.

The Jade Druid meta of MSoG was much worse, warping everything around this one deck.
Thx to VS now its 50% hunters and 50% control priests farming hunters....ack
01/11/2019 10:15 PMPosted by Systemworks
Disagree.

The Jade Druid meta of MSoG was much worse, warping everything around this one deck.

First of all, that era was still Shamanstone.
Second of all, except for Hutner, almost every class was viable at a competitive level at that time.

I am not sure if this was the worst meta I have ever experienced, but the year of the raven was for sure the most lackluster year I have ever had with Hearthstone.
They just have no plan for this game. They give shaman shudderwock for the year, which is essentially the only viable game plan available, then they decide to take it away on a whim before giving a replacement

They also do the same thing to druid

Then hunter comes in to fill the vacuum and instead of reacting quickly they let things linger probably until the next expansion creating the most boring 3 deck game of rock paper scissors the game has known
See the problem with statements like this is they are either gonna be praised or damned completely. If you genuinely think THIS is the worst standard meta ever, you are completely and utterly wrong. Ancient history will tell you Undertaker is much worse, and recent history will tell you pirate warrior or Jade Druid (KoFT) is far worse. All 3 were literally defined by a single deck. I just don't know why people would make claims like this, when they clearly just started. XD
I think this doesn't even make top 5 of worst metas but that's just me.

I liked the whole GVG meta less.
I liked undertaker meta the least.
I liked Mysterious Challenger meta less
I liked Shamanstone era less.
I liked Jade druid era less.

Also the tournament meta i think is very interesting in this meta which is irrelevant to the topic but that's something too. EU playoffs as we speak if anyone wants to watch

decklists

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15MfphCOtPWqgxxCSNUeW3POHQUN-3txY
Disagree.

You mean Deathrattle Hunter, Spell Hunter, Secret Hunter, Midrange Hunter?
It's amazing how the worst standard meta ever is also one of the most diverse. It's also interesting that each class is represented in it.
01/12/2019 01:58 AMPosted by Thrull
It's amazing how the worst standard meta ever is also one of the most diverse. It's also interesting that each class is represented in it.
Nah brah. All of HS is defined clearly by someone who has just joined and never played another CCG Or TCG. XD Cause feelings. History is a myth. Only the present matters.
5 classes made up over 75% of the meta..

most diverse meta ever, guys! xD
01/12/2019 02:16 AMPosted by Hazama
Nah brah. All of HS is defined clearly by someone who has just joined and never played another CCG Or TCG. XD Cause feelings. History is a myth. Only the present matters.

I played Magic for over a decade. Nearly qualified for the Pro-Tour on ratings alone.

Not that it matters. The facts I stated are facts. You can look up the stats on the website of your choice. You'll see that we're currently in a very diverse meta compared to most of the rest of Hearthstone's history.
01/12/2019 02:33 AMPosted by Thrull
... Nah brah. All of HS is defined clearly by someone who has just joined and never played another CCG Or TCG. XD Cause feelings. History is a myth. Only the present matters.

I played Magic for over a decade. Nearly qualified for the Pro-Tour on ratings alone.

Not that it matters. The facts I stated are facts. You can look up the stats on the website of your choice. You'll see that we're currently in a very diverse meta compared to most of the rest of Hearthstone's history.

Class diversity is at an extremely low level with one class at 28% and 2 classes at 14%.

Thats way worse than what it was during pirate warrior era, aggro/mid shaman era, and etc

I think the only instance it was worse was undertaker Hunter era.

So, no, look at any statistics site you want and see that you're completely wrong.
tbh im doing pretty well with odd pally but i really hate those otk decks. if hearthstone wants to nerf otk decks they should be looking at priest and palladin otk cards
01/12/2019 12:39 AMPosted by JacktR
They give shaman shudderwock for the year, which is essentially the only viable game plan available, then they decide to take it away on a whim before giving a replacement

best deck shaman had last meta wasnt shudderwock was even shaman and it wasnt nerfed

That's a given.
“I have watched long — very long — nearly all my life, and my reward has been bites and blows,” said the Jackal.

“Ho! ho! ho!” roared the Adjutant.

“In August was the Jackal born;
The Rains fell in September;
‘Now such a fearful flood as this,’
Says he, ‘I can’t remember!’”

The Undertakers, from the Second Dschungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
01/12/2019 12:43 AMPosted by Hazama
See the problem with statements like this is they are either gonna be praised or damned completely. If you genuinely think THIS is the worst standard meta ever, you are completely and utterly wrong. Ancient history will tell you Undertaker is much worse, and recent history will tell you pirate warrior or Jade Druid (KoFT) is far worse. All 3 were literally defined by a single deck. I just don't know why people would make claims like this, when they clearly just started. XD

Everytime. I see one of your posts you say some misinformed drivel. Pirate warrior and jade druid didn't reach the levels of hunter right now, and at least with all the decks you mentioned, you still had interaction and could respond to their gameplay.
This meta is worse than December pre-nerf, that's fact. The matchups are also some of the most polarizing.

While I disagree with the substance of Geoxyx's original post, I do agree that the meta feels constrained and tired. It's essentially paladin, priest, hunter, and the occasional warrior. None of their dominant archetypes are particularly fun to play against. For paladin, it's a ticking death counter to their OTK win condition. For priest, it's hope they don't draw or clone their OTK win condition. For hunter, it's just hope and prayers because they just have too many ways to pressure and win. For warrior, it's prepare the next 30 minutes to grind, where even a victory feels like a loss for the time you've just sunk into the game. Not. Fun.
01/12/2019 08:02 AMPosted by Geoxyx
01/12/2019 12:43 AMPosted by Hazama

Everytime. I see one of your posts you say some misinformed drivel. Pirate warrior and jade druid didn't reach the levels of hunter right now, and at least with all the decks you mentioned, you still had interaction and could respond to their gameplay.
Jade Druid in KoFT was the top deck and if you didn't play it you lost dude (they had to nerf it super quick post release). Also way to dodge Undertaker. Fact is you view my posts as drivel because you can't stand valid criticsm. If this is the worst meta ever to you you are new. All there is too it. Or you just really hate hunter, but they still aren't Undertaker levels OP. I don't care what the average forum goer has to say if it disagrees with reality, sorry I have a spine and value objectivism even if means I'm not the cool kid. :( Pandering to a bunch of salty scrubs isn't impressive mate. Kripp does it all the time, doesn't erase the fact he's an idiot. I am not saying the meta is in a great state, or that this isn't one of the worst, but worst ever? If you believe that you have no brain.
01/12/2019 03:28 AMPosted by Shroud
Class diversity is at an extremely low level with one class at 28% and 2 classes at 14%.

Yes, well, that's why I said diversity and not class diversity. Each class has at least six different decks to choose from. And that's only if you're net decking.

Nice attempt at a straw man. Now, would you like to actually present some argument against what I actually said?

So, no, look at any statistics site you want and see that you're completely wrong.

Here ya go: https://hsreplay.net/meta/#tab=archetypes As you can plainly see, the diversity is, well, diverse.