This might actually be the worst standard meta ever

Play Mode Discussion
At least my opponent said "Well Played" after Rexxar dropped. By why do players do that I wonder?

Probably knew it'd tilt you, granting a free win.
https://imgur.com/a/sh4JWNB

Turn 9 in game 3 of trying for 2 wins as a Priest. Its a Mage. And therefor?

Yep.

Lich Queen Jaina turn 9. Never at the back of the deck. Never in the middle. Always there on cue.

Followed by? Jan'alai + Ragnoros play Youtuhful Brewmaster on Janalai...

Gee isn't casual fun or Hearthstone fun when its just a program running Script and no skill is required but to play the card handed to you in turn?

Lets check that Blizzard stock shall we?

46.76 USD −0.53 (1.12%)

Still dropping. I guess people like to play games where the moves aren't chosen for them?
Nothing is worse than pirate warrior meta dead by t4
Yeah uh huh every Meta is the worst Meta in history until the next meta becomes the worst in history.
01/15/2019 12:37 PMPosted by Urza

I have to agree. People forget that hard face aggro that doesn’t care about the board is just as interactive as combo. That’s why I have to disagree with the OP that this is the worst meta.

The meta isn’t the best right now I will agree with that, and that’s just because it’s the end of rotation and some classes got amazing synergy cards every expansion and now have so many they just play way better.

Just randomly throwing in a freeze shaman wasted an entire set of shaman cards, the same could be said for warrior enrage decks.
01/15/2019 12:44 PMPosted by fingrknitter

I have to agree. People forget that hard face aggro that doesn’t care about the board is just as interactive as combo. That’s why I have to disagree with the OP that this is the worst meta.

The meta isn’t the best right now I will agree with that, and that’s just because it’s the end of rotation and some classes got amazing synergy cards every expansion and now have so many they just play way better.

Just randomly throwing in a freeze shaman wasted an entire set of shaman cards, the same could be said for warrior enrage decks.

It would not even be meta nowadays if was standard legal.

Sorry to say but the overpowered today is control and to a point that aggro isn't even allowed to be considered competitive.

There exist tempo and midrange decks but the lack of aggro is what creates that entire metagame if people not perceived yet.

Agro isn't whatever floods the board like people think. Aggro is a minion based deck that focus on damage per turn.

So i'm sorry to say that odd paladin isn't a aggro deck and it is the most agressive deck that this metagame allows to exist.
Rastakhan was the least impactful set when we say that without the context, but looking in a vaccum at the cards, they aren't by any means weak or unplayable and the design is very interesting. It's just that the power level of Mammoth is way too high in comparison.

The entire Raven year was about dropping the power creep. The most used cards of Raven are mostly support to enable Mammoth brokenness.

Yes, saying "wait 4 months until these cards are really playable" doesn't help and isn't justified in any way, but the toning down in power needed to be done.

The devs might take some flak during these 4 months, but when rotation happens and that reduction in power does create a much more healthy game, then everyone will be praising them and be happy.

I just hope they (or Activision) doesn't change their minds in case there were low sales or too much flak of "no new cards used!" and start printing broken stuff to sell, wait until it gets crafted, then nerf and rise and repeat.
01/15/2019 06:16 PMPosted by Lanko
The devs might take some flak during these 4 months, but when rotation happens and that reduction in power does create a much more healthy game, then everyone will be praising them and be happy.

lol if you believe that everyone will be happy on rotation you must be new here. not gonna happen... ever!

and the flak is well deserved. they cant just dump an overnight nerf then allow hunter to retain 30% play rate for 3 months, thats a complete cop out.
At least rotation will be soon. And most unhonorable card in whole game (damned hunter's amulet) will go from rotation.

I hope that Blizzard are just preparing for cards-in-next-addon in connection of removing-three-sets-now. It's more logical then make huge changes in the middle of the year with only 4 months before rotation.
I have found myself playing more and more of my steam games since the beginning of hunterstone. No reason to play this game for a few months. Do daily and leave. I usually hit rank 4 and 3 but this month I am bored as hell going against the same 4 hunter decks back to back in ladder and casual.

Borderlands 2 and Blue State are far better games to enjoy right now than this garbage.
Perhap team 5 can choose to do like team 1 with Sc2. When team 1 discovered Swarm Host was so oppressive for Protoss ground unit and forced Protoss to go Skytoss every game, they removed Swarm Host from the game then added it again in Legacy of the Void.

You can remove some cards instead of nerfing to make the game fresher.
01/15/2019 04:07 PMPosted by minami

Pretty easy to say that as it had so many pieces of it nerfed into the stratosphere.

Not sure what the point of that comment is at all.
The tide ebbs and floods.
The pendulum swings back and forth.
The nuts get stuck to one leg and then the other.

I don't think this is "the worst meta in history", but I understand the frustration of playing rock, paper, hunter, hunter.
With some of the major control and combo decks getting nerfed, it's not a surprise that we're in the predicament that we have now.
I look at it as a new challenge to play off-meta decks for fun.
I started playing around with agro (gross) and it's actually pretty good. If you can out tempo hunters and pressure priests by turn 5, you stand a good chance of winning. Pally is still tough, but without level up it isn't an impossible matchup.
Adapt, overcome, and meme.
01/15/2019 06:16 PMPosted by Lanko
Rastakhan was the least impactful set when we say that without the context, but looking in a vaccum at the cards, they aren't by any means weak or unplayable and the design is very interesting. It's just that the power level of Mammoth is way too high in comparison.

The entire Raven year was about dropping the power creep. The most used cards of Raven are mostly support to enable Mammoth brokenness.

Yes, saying "wait 4 months until these cards are really playable" doesn't help and isn't justified in any way, but the toning down in power needed to be done.

I just hope they (or Activision) doesn't change their minds in case there were low sales or too much flak of "no new cards used!" and start printing broken stuff to sell, wait until it gets crafted, then nerf and rise and repeat.

I am having a hard time conceiving of the post rotation decks, which wasn’t hard at all last rotation. Is the Cloning Gallery going to be as useless as the Mage Quest this past year? Odd Mech Paladin? Pirate Deathrattle Rogue? Demon Handbuff Warlock?

Except for Hunter. I can’t picture a meta without Midrange Hunter.
01/15/2019 08:00 PMPosted by Blabbit
01/15/2019 04:07 PMPosted by minami

Pretty easy to say that as it had so many pieces of it nerfed into the stratosphere.

Not sure what the point of that comment is at all.

Oh sorry.

Let me try again. Pre nerf PW would be a it's best a niche deck nowadays.

Control evolved to a point that it is stupid enough to hold it.
I couldn't agree more. I barely play the game these days, the meta is unplayable IMO. It's just plain boring, and because of Genn and Baku I don't see much changing after rotation... which is absolutely insane considering how many meta cards are leaving standard!
01/15/2019 12:44 PMPosted by fingrknitter

The same could be said for garbage they threw at Mage and Druid during Raven. They've done enough of trying to expand the classes into various niches, none of which pan out. It's time for a few expansions focused on solidifying the core of what each class is about. If each class is given more solid tools to build around it will actually promote diversity.
Resurrect and pretty much every priest deck right now is 100% unbeatable. They have unlimited removal, unlimited draws, unlimited resurrecting, and of course unlimited lifesteal.

You can’t play minions. You can’t use spells since they don’t do enough damage, you can’t do anything. Nothing. Worst meta ever.
02/25/2019 08:49 AMPosted by Mikey
Resurrect and pretty much every priest deck right now is 100% unbeatable. They have unlimited removal, unlimited draws, unlimited resurrecting, and of course unlimited lifesteal.

You can’t play minions. You can’t use spells since they don’t do enough damage, you can’t do anything. Nothing. Worst meta ever.

Haven lost to a priest in a while. In fact, only one priest deck in tier one and its not even hard to win them with the right deck. For me, quest warrior beat priest easy.
Put a ton of taunt in the way and they cant reach face, without much minion on board make scream and hysteria useless. Res? Brawl it away the next turn. Play a 2/ 14? execute it easy. Eventually 8 dmg hero power a turn wear them down fast.