Stop printing good pally cards

Play Mode Discussion
Pally pally pally. Has there been a meta WITHOUT pally having litterally 3 t1 decks!? Murlock, dude, and control into call to arms BS into Baka every game into Even WITHOUT bs but still BAKA! At least hunter had been dogsh** the past two expacs but cmon blizzard pally is ANNOYING

Edit: I forgot to add the BS Combo decks like horsey and tiger that have been around for longer than UNGORO
If i remember correctly, Mean Streets of Gadgetzan is where the class struggled.

Pally has some of the best classic cards in the game that why it easily finds a way to climb to top tier. Divine Favor for Aggro, Tirion for mid or late game, Equality Consecration or Pyromancer is still one of best board clears of the game since 2014. I believe some of these cards will be Hall of Fame soon.
Well before GvG paladin was competing with priest as the worst class in the game.

They had literally no turn 2 play. Plus, people couldn't even run Tirion despite it being one of the best classic legendaries because of 2 mana owls (and Sylvannas).

If you are facing a lot of paladins, control priest is a great option.
I recall Paladin was in a pretty bad state for Whispers and Mean Streets.

N'Zoth Paladin was good initially, but it dropped off quite rapidly. Paladin didn't see Tier 1 until Un'goro where Paladin saw Tier 1 play again.
01/14/2019 07:15 PMPosted by Daikaze

N'Zoth Paladin was good initially, but it dropped off quite rapidly. Paladin didn't see Tier 1 until Un'goro where Paladin saw Tier 1 play again.

You clearly are not an Old timey player. Prob just looked at some old HCT replays.
01/14/2019 07:15 PMPosted by Daikaze

Not entirely true I remember paladin being very strong in TGT with secret paladin, it definitely did drop off hard for whispers and mean streets though before making a resurgence.
he does have a point though: paladin has been strong since un'goro hit, and will most likely continue after rotation
01/14/2019 08:18 PMPosted by RhokDelar
he does have a point though: paladin has been strong since un'goro hit, and will most likely continue after rotation

its losing some big hitters in the rotation though isn't it? cant remember them all off the top of my head but at least in standard that should push it back a bit, unless they overprint for it.
01/14/2019 08:18 PMPosted by RhokDelar

He's losing way too much to know at this point.

Righteous protector, spikeridge, Tarim, lost in jungle, call to arms, Uther DK, Lynessa, heroism, vine cleaver, valanyr, etc

Basically, one of its 3 good decks is being removed entirely and both odd and even is getting hit quite brutally as well (especially if you include the neutrals like fireflies it loses)