Sigh*, this is the worst meta since years

Play Mode Discussion
- OTK Paladin

- OTK Mindblast Priest

- OTK Clone Priest

- OTK Mecha'thun Warlock

Basically 100% of the meta are OTK decks, I swear if Blizzard didn't nerf these above decks fast then everybody would quit Hearthstone.
Just play no fun control warlock and rekt them
01/17/2019 08:47 PMPosted by Urza

Do you have the decklist for that?
01/17/2019 08:49 PMPosted by NOC

Do you have the decklist for that?

Play 2 gnomeferatu
Play 2 demon project.
Any other 26 cards.
You will beat pretty much every otk deck in the game.
Google no fun control warlock. You will find decklist.
Basically 100% of the meta are OTK decks...

I'd agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

You may not like OTK decks but they are actually a healthy sign. They keep control decks in check.
It's not the meta it's the tournament Format. the meta is actually quite good outside of Warrior being pigeon holed ATM.
Control decks need to be able to otk not to get absolutely facerolled by rexxar. That's the real reason it's so common. Both mind blast and clone priest are control decks that can deal burst damage, not combo.
01/17/2019 10:31 PMPosted by HailFall
Control decks need to be able to otk not to get absolutely facerolled by rexxar. That's the real reason it's so common. Both mind blast and clone priest are control decks that can deal burst damage, not combo.

Control is dead as an archtype though for most part.

Control warlock disappeared.
Control warrior is that odd warrior with quest? Mostly gone
Control priest is just otk priest in disguise.
Control is dead as an archetype though for most part.

You can blame Rexxar for that.
01/17/2019 09:38 PMPosted by Urza
Play 2 gnomeferatu
Play 2 demon project.
Any other 26 cards.

You won't though. Most of the time gnomeferatu and demonic project actually miss the combo pieces. Running those cards mean you'll also start losing to aggro more often. It's also warlock so they're tapping their life away as a resource, and hunters are very good at exploiting that- the meta is 50% hunters, so do the math.
Forum: "THE META IS 100% OTK, NURF NURF NURF"

*checks HSreplay*

"But, uh, for the most part the meta is evenly distributed between all archety-"

Forum: "DID YOU HEAR SOMETHING? YEAH, ME NEITHER. OH YEAH, I JUST LOST TO A HUNTER, NOW THE META IS ALL HUNTER!'"

"But didnt you just say OTK was the entire meta? you are contradicting yourse-"

Forum: "WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW, YOU ARE A BRAINLESS HUNTER/OTK/BLIZZARD SHILL/BIG MEANIE!"

That's how i picture the thread will go, so ill just leave this here and move on.
I just had three OTK Paladins in a row. My main gripe is not the deck but something I have met before where players take all day when I just want my quest done. So it goes free wins if ya play fast, I take ya apart if ya rope me. Go Pogoooooos.
01/17/2019 09:52 PMPosted by Thrull

You may not like OTK decks but they are actually a healthy sign. They keep control decks in check.

Out of the 8 Rank 1 Decks. Four are Hunters, one is even Paladin. So we already have a situation where 5/8 are NOT control but aggressive/mid range decks. One of them is OTK priest. So that bumps it up to two.

Which leaves us with 2 Warrior decks. Who mostly aim to beat the more aggressive/midrange deck but aren't even doing that great at it. Yes I absolutely see how we do need OTK decks to "keep control in check", when control is pretty much limited to a single class i.e Warrior and despite it aiming to counter the most popular deck being rated lower than it's adversaries.

Talking about "having to keep control in check" would require a meta in which control was dominant. That's, not the case even in the slightest. Aside from Warrior control is pretty much dead and even Warrior can regularly lose against decks it aims to counter.

01/17/2019 11:48 PMPosted by Urza
Control is dead as an archtype though for most part.

Pretty easy explanation though. Control has to survive the onslaught or Hunters and similar decks early on. Which it quite often doesn't. Then it has to contest with another control deck that still has aggro pressure and will pump out infinite value as soon as Rexxar drops. To round this off, most control decks will simply lose against OTK. This produces a fairly unfavourable meta for control, as it fights an uphill battle on two fronts.

But people still think we "need" OTK to "keep control in check".
01/17/2019 11:55 PMPosted by Kat
01/17/2019 09:38 PMPosted by Urza
Play 2 gnomeferatu
Play 2 demon project.
Any other 26 cards.

You won't though. Most of the time gnomeferatu and demonic project actually miss the combo pieces. Running those cards mean you'll also start losing to aggro more often. It's also warlock so they're tapping their life away as a resource, and hunters are very good at exploiting that- the meta is 50% hunters, so do the math.

Demonic project with 2 of them if u still cant time it well enough to win at least half the times on the spot you are doing it wrong. Disguised toast was using it back when druid was all otk and he rekt the otk decks.
When stuff like Shudderwock Shaman and Taunt Druid were prevalent and I was on a Control Warlock fix, I got tired of getting rekt by them, so I added Howlfiend + Treachery (this was before Demonic Project).

I destroyed some of them really well.

Shudderwock Shaman discarding Grumble, Hagatha and Shudderwock: https://hsreplay.net/replay/nWtNDT2bpsc5ZwyEKWjb4E

Taunt Druid discarding both Witching Hours and Cubes: https://hsreplay.net/replay/dXaQEUqJGxLuxejdiouiVf

Quest Warrior discarding Sulfuras: https://hsreplay.net/replay/b8h6GDbUkEPRUUuEa2JmxN

Togwaggle Druid discarding his entire hand, including Togwaggle and Azalina: https://hsreplay.net/replay/yCFKftjJUxk9SJLXGdUAHA

Treachery was also good with Doomsayer, it's effectively Twisting Nether for 5.
It saved my !@# against a 12/12 turn 3 Van Cleef and a ridiculous board by a Cubelock.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/JnTewttXNbBZSVX36oPHnf

https://hsreplay.net/replay/mPkYqYjxUUkG9GZKqyDf97
weird

why isnt TC listing any of the most played decks ? or any hunter decks

No fun warlock beats Clone Priest, Mind Blast Priest, and the hybrid Uther/Holy Wrath Paladin? Those are all heavily unfavored match ups.
01/18/2019 01:55 AMPosted by Urza
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Demonic project with 2 of them if u still cant time it well enough to win at least half the times on the spot you are doing it wrong. Disguised toast was using it back when druid was all otk and he rekt the otk decks.

Ok, so you're just assuming it works based on watching a streamer playing in an old meta against decks that were more vulnable to counter play. Well, no fun warlock doesnt beat the current combo decks. Take it from someone who has played the deck a lot.
01/17/2019 09:52 PMPosted by Thrull

Unless you have no way of interacting with an OTK deck other than zerg them, in which case they basically push control decks out of the meta entirely

Which is what keeps happening, which is actually BAD for the health of the game