I'd like a blue response to this game.

Play Mode Discussion
https://hsreplay.net/replay/vxKFZBJtehyyxjsDvwPtGS

I'd like one of your smiling idiots to come up with a counter to the huntard completely filling his board with 12/12 on turns 4 and 5.

Losing to some rank 25 because you are completely unable, or simply will not nerf this broken brain dead garbage to the ground because you're raking it in from weak-minded people buying packs hand over fist.
Ha ha hellfire 2 of them ha ha I win and you lose.Huntard is not imba ha ha rogue is imba
01/12/2019 03:41 AMPosted by c4ution
I'd like one of your smiling idiots to come up with a counter to the huntard completely filling his board with 12/12 on turns 4 and 5.

[/quote]

Gee, that's a toughie.
My pick is Duskbreaker .
Would you like some pepper with your salt?

Hellfire, thalnos + defile, spell damage +shriek.
They said they are removing Hunter spellstone from standard in April just for you.
I don’t work for Blizzard, but I am a smiling idiot. What seems to be the problem, sir?
Meh, that’s nothing compared to what I faced.

Turn 10 hunter plays Rhino + Spellstone, so that was 14 damage with charge and he traded the wolves to clear my board. Turn 11 he played Zuljin and gets his beasts back with charge.

I gotta admit, it doesn’t happen that often. Oh if you wonder why the game lasted to turn 10, I was playing odd quest warrior for quest. Oh well, at least I got my quest done in the end.
01/12/2019 04:48 AMPosted by Zero
I don’t work for Blizzard, but I am a smiling idiot. What seems to be the problem, sir?

The problem, dear sir, is that this wonderful person named c4ution has a low self esteem and believes the only way to be important is to have an orange hexagon with a number on it.
c4ution, I have some great news for you: you don't need to win in order to be a great player. Oh no, if you believe in yourself, it's more than enough. If you still feel like you're not important, then I advice you to invest in yourself. Read some books, learn a new language, go to the gym etc., anything that will help you grow as a person.
If you do this, you won't feel bad about loses ever again. In fact, you might start giving free wins to your opponents, because, you know, you will have so many life achievements to be proud of.
Have a beautiful day c4ution! And I hope you will succeed in life more than in HS! Cheers!
.... I was expecting misplays, as usual from your rant post, but I didn't expect blatantly obvious ones.

a. You were greedy af, keeping FLJ in your mulligan.

b. Your second greed led to your defeat, not playing SHD on turn 3 (oh, I'll use Dragon's Fury to clear his Spellstone~ so I'm not gonna play anything even though I don't know he will use Spellstone on turn 4/5~). This is a noob mistake, spending aoe prematurely when you don't have to. Yes, ironically, you should've been greedy with your aoe. But you were short-sighted.

c. And this one...wow... Turn 7, Abomination, then pinging 2 hp Huffer for crying out loud! First off, hunter rarely runs silence. Second, like hell a spell hunter will use silence (turn 6 TmS).

a and b you can push as a judgement call. But c there is no excuse for it.
To be honest, that Hunter almost got a perfect hand.

That will make you lose against any class - ever played vs an (old) Tempo Mage with that kind of draw?

On a side note, there was IMO a couple of misplays:
- not playing the Defender on 3. Even if he had Flanking Strike, Stonehill + HP contests that and it would have prevented him from playing a secret - therefore smaller spellstones -> less damage -> more time to get to your Jaina.

- not playing around Snipe by dropping the Fire-eater first. Always consider Snipe against Hunters.

- picking Abom over Rable Bouncer. This one I really don't get. Abomination is just atrocious, it doesn't clear Spellstones, it's more expensive than Bouncer (considering the spellstone), it does damage you which is a very bad choice against a deck that wants to face race you, and if he can't clear it the Bouncer stops at least one extra attack.

It's probably easy to say in hindsight, and maybe it wouldn't have saved you due to the Hunter drawing the nut, but doing those would have got you 1 or 2 extra turns, which is crucial when you have Jaina in hand.
Any decent topdeck on one of those turns could have saved you.
Lucky draw on the Hunter's part aside, you could've easily convinced me that this was a Pampers thread with the way you played that match and started in with the "what else could I have possibly done" nonsense.

Sometimes, the answer is nothing. They drew good and you drew bad. Welcome to card games.

Other times *cough cough* the answer is to play better than what you did.
01/12/2019 05:50 AMPosted by sky3union
c. And this one...wow... Turn 7, Abomination, then pinging 2 hp Huffer for crying out loud! First off, hunter rarely runs silence. Second, like hell a spell hunter will use silence (turn 6 TmS).

Let's not nitpick too much. He was on 13 health. Best case, Huffer suicides into Abom, the pinged Leokk dies, wolves and hero power hit for 11 leaving him open for lethal next turn with no possible out.

Rant aside, the OP has a point. 24/24 in stats over 2 turns is crazy. It's not that hunter is OP in particular but the rng swings in HS are just too high.
01/12/2019 10:04 AMPosted by DarkSeph
It's not that hunter is OP in particular but the rng swings in HS are just too high.
This should be the main takeaway and is why, despite my enjoyment of many new decks this expansion, I'm still past ready for Mammoth to rotate

It's not even really RNG-related, just that the power ceiling is entirely too high for some plays with just a little bit of draw luck.
Anyone else get completely triggered when 4 3/3s are referred to a 12/12?

There is a big difference going wide than tall. For one there are a lot of ways to remove 3/3s than a 12/12 post turn 5.
01/12/2019 10:25 AMPosted by jawsofwar
Anyone else get completely triggered when 4 3/3s are referred to a 12/12?

There is a big difference going wide than tall. For one there are a lot of ways to remove 3/3s than a 12/12 post turn 5.
Yep. People don't seem to get that they are not equivalents. XD
Greater Emerald Spellstone
Hunter
Rare
5 Mana
Spell
Summon 4 MEDDLESOME INSECTS

Duskbreaker, Mass Hysteria, Hellfire, Defile sometimes, Dragon's Fury, Equality Pyromancer, Consecration Pyromancer, Auchenai Circle, actually having board since the Hunter spent his whole game playing secrets so far... did I miss anything else obvious?

Losing to some rank 25 because you are completely unable, or simply will not nerf this broken brain dead garbage to the ground because you're raking it in from weak-minded people buying packs hand over fist.

Welcome to card games. In card games, we understand that any particular archetype can sometimes just lose to another archetype. This is called a "counter". They exist because, if a deck were to be great against all other decks, that would be unhealthy for the game. It would, in essence, "counter" all other decks and there would be no reason for anyone to play anything else.

Unlike with Hunters right now, Hunters have multiple counters and you're upset because your deck isn't one of them.
01/12/2019 05:14 AMPosted by Andrei
01/12/2019 04:48 AMPosted by Zero

The problem, dear sir, is that this wonderful person named c4ution has a low self esteem and believes the only way to be important is to have an orange hexagon with a number on it.
c4ution, I have some great news for you: you don't need to win in order to be a great player. Oh no, if you believe in yourself, it's more than enough. If you still feel like you're not important, then I advice you to invest in yourself. Read some books, learn a new language, go to the gym etc., anything that will help you grow as a person.
If you do this, you won't feel bad about loses ever again. In fact, you might start giving free wins to your opponents, because, you know, you will have so many life achievements to be proud of.
Have a beautiful day c4ution! And I hope you will succeed in life more than in HS! Cheers!

A guy who makes posts like this on the forum of an online card game talking about life achievements.

I won't ask you to compare quality of life since I can tell by your name it would be embarrassing for you.

Chin up, old bean.
Look man, I can highroll a unstoppable 7/7 with charge on turn 3 with my Paladins deck, it doesn't mean that deck wins every game.

He had to hold two spellstones, and got lucky drawing 2 secrets to power them. That's gonna happen maybe one in 10 games.