Bots invading casual Wild

Play Mode Discussion
Hello!

I usually do my quests in casual Wild with decks to clear them fast and lately I've noticed a ton of bots, all with names with caps and numbers in it, all playing the same deck with very basic cards and all playing the exact same way.

Can Blizzard do something about it please? Thanks!
yup i notice this too, i dont even want to play anymore because of this
02/16/2019 05:18 PMPosted by dankheadiez
yup i notice this too, i dont even want to play anymore because of this

Since the inception of the game Blizzard has never been able to fully eliminate bots, we know they exist so my suggestion is this: If you know you are going to encounter them then set up a direct counter deck and they wont be such a problem. They only play a value based set-up using basic cards with the exception in some cases of Marin the Fox.

Their 2 mana Crocolisk is bettered by (eg) a Plated Beetle at the bottom end or putting in Keleseth if you can craft it so your minions out-pace your opponent's.
Sadly not much betters a Yeti on turn 4 or Ogre turn 6 but at least you can reliably predict their arrival and plan accordingly and either have removal cards ready or be able to trade minions.

Headspin#2453, add me if you need further help, I am more than happy to assist.
Using Diablo 2 as an example of effective bot control in a Blizzard game - never going to happen.

If I could be bothered to login to check I am sure 19 years later they are still in the lobby and also dropping in and out of games spamming.

Otherwise I will just use my knowledge of about 15 years of the status quo.
Curious here: What do they get from bots? :-O
You can't transfer gold/dust/cards, can you?! So why would you even bot in this game?!
02/17/2019 02:59 AMPosted by GetSchwifty
Curious here: What do they get from bots? :-O
You can't transfer gold/dust/cards, can you?! So why would you even bot in this game?!

Flog accounts with x amount of gold on them I guess.
Man! People hate me, when I do a post about bots in the game I just get downvotes. They are in Casual Wild Mode too, I saw some bots over there.
02/17/2019 08:30 AMPosted by FizzyElf
Man! People hate me, when I do a post about bots in the game I just get downvotes. They are in Casual Wild Mode too, I saw some bots over there.

02/17/2019 07:16 AMPosted by Wardrum
Being forced implies that there is something other than your own self-imposed restrictions making you do it.

You did bad enough in Casual that your MMR sunk into bot territory. You have a solution, an easy one in fact. Beat the bots and get back to normal people land.

There is nothing "principled" about refusing to deal with the bots in low-MMR Casual, you're only holding yourself back.

And you responded with disbelief, thats why you got downvotes
They won't get rid of bots, because it would lower their daily active users and cause their stock price to dip to shareholders.
Not a high tech person here, but if you can identify bots can they be reported to bliz and they pull they account? I know that won't stop things but would it help?
@Nostalgmus

Excuses and excuses...
What you have are not bots, they are gold farmers. They only use standard cards because they are building up gold on the account and then they will sell the account.
02/17/2019 02:56 PMPosted by MarquisDeSad
What you have are not bots, they are gold farmers.

This.

It's an age old practice across many different games. It would only cost you a bit to change your tag after acquiring the said account.