When have you won based on pure luck?

Play Mode Discussion
In my last warlock mirror mathcup which is fastly becoming my favuirite matchup and I use to hate mirror matchups,anyway I had nether portal 2 nether imps and 6 health.

He had a doomguard with charge and skull of ma'nari and he had 5 health.Now he can kill one nether imp and hope that I dont draw doomguard or soul fire,because if I do I win.WHat did he decide to do?He played that epic warlock minion that discovers a spell and deal damage equal to its health to his hero.

He is obvously hoping for soulfire or dark bomb which I think can be used on a hero or something like that.The cost of the cheapest spell he discovered?5 mana he died.

lol I should have lost.Now this is way more satisfying and funnier then I should have lost but he did not have vanish in his hand or flame strike or whatever.Do you have similair stories?
Is it possible to win on “pure luck?”

Can’t the argument be made, even with a top deck, rng discover, or random effect that getting to the point where it wins or saves a game was NOT rng.

I’ve had lots of games where a draw or random effect has made a big impact, but to call the whole thing luck? No.
I have another story for you.I am about to lose against a priest I think I casted lesser ruby spellstone which then generated shifting scroll.One turn later its a polyboar card or whatever you call it.

I have some minions on the board and a fireball in my hand if I dont kill him I lose.So I attacked face with all my minions then casted polyboar or whatever you call that spell on my treasure chest he was so kind to give me.I killed him barely if he had 1 hit piont left I would have lost.

Sometimes the hearthstone gods smile on you
Opponent had 2 malygos on board, I was odd quest warrior. Top decked flurry with 12 armor, cleared the board and tapped hero power, blackwald pixie, hero power again for the win. Felt real satisfying
01/18/2019 02:36 PMPosted by LoveRhino

Can’t the argument be made, even with a top deck, rng discover, or random effect that getting to the point where it wins or saves a game was NOT rng.

[/quote]

No.

I’ve had lots of games where a draw or random effect has made a big impact, but to call the whole thing luck? No.

i think its stuff like playing deck of wonders and then at the beginning of your next turn your 0/2 taunt gets buffed by it until you have lethal
Eventually that is how you win, if all things stay the same.
Being alive is a win by pure luck.
I think most mirror matches come down to RNG. Sometimes your opponent is just awful and plays so badly that you can win based off that, but on average, at high ranks, mirrors are just whoever goes first/second and whoever has the better opener. At least with aggro. With other kinds of decks it's probably more skill intensive, or draw RNG intensive.

Yes it's possible to win on pure luck considering the cards that you draw are randomized just like the opponent you play against. I've designed complete trash decks just to complete a quest and by some miracle I actually beat someone with them without making it my intention to try and win. Sorry to break it to you but it doesn't take any skill to copy a high tier deck and win the majority of your games via a pay to win game. It's great if you find satisfaction in winning with a copy paste deck but just because you are brining in easy wins does not mean it's skill. I feel too many people are blinded by fake success in this game then they develope their own misconceptions thinking they are actually good at something. If you were a world ranked hearthstone player than you would have an argument but currently you are living in your own bubble.
I can't even recall all the times Yogg pulled out wins for me that I had no business having.

I would consider some of these scenarios pure luck regardless.Not a bad kind of luck mind you but pure luck nonetheless. A favorite example is a spell hunter vs a "miracle" mechathun druid. Spell hunter cannot pressure fast enough seeing druid has drawn a lot by turn 6-7 and decides to go for rexxar and get lucky with a stealth mukla or mukla of up to 6 mana if ou can mukla + hunter's mark + kill command and save it till he knows Druid has innervate mechathun and naturalize in hand.

Now you could say that it's not winning by pure RNG because it's understanding the matchup and actually paying attention to all cards played. In the end though, it is a win of Pure Luck because no matter what you or opponent does, it all comes down to the zombiest roullette.

I mean you didn't do anything to get the match to that point. You just gambled on an outlier win condition that gives you a higher than 0 % winrate. You saw the line and got rewarded, by pure luck.

Even if you're a highly skilled player seeing lines others might not see, sometimes you have to rely on pure luck, and that's ok! No need to pretend those times arent part of HS
01/18/2019 04:48 PMPosted by Tman15tmb

Yes it's possible to win on pure luck considering the cards that you draw are randomized just like the opponent you play against. I've designed complete trash decks just to complete a quest and by some miracle I actually beat someone with them without making it my intention to try and win. Sorry to break it to you but it doesn't take any skill to copy a high tier deck and win the majority of your games via a pay to win game. It's great if you find satisfaction in winning with a copy paste deck but just because you are brining in easy wins does not mean it's skill. I feel too many people are blinded by fake success in this game then they develope their own misconceptions thinking they are actually good at something. If you were a world ranked hearthstone player than you would have an argument but currently you are living in your own bubble.

You certainly infer a lot about me from my post. I would say that while many may be blinded by success, an equal or larger number are blinded by their lack of success, and look to rng as a reason to explain it. They are also living in their own bubble. At least until they come here to post about it.
yesterday, corrupted blood card was burned because 10 cards were in my hands already, I won.
Today I was able to get my opponent's hero down to 4 health. He had guaranteed lethal set up to kill me next turn.

My only out was to play avenging wrath when he had 11 minion health on the board. RNG hit his face for 4 damage and I won.
I have 5200 career wins so 5200 times.
Once I was ranking as Renolock against an experienced Mech Paladin player.

Out of a mediocre board, my Mind Control Tech stole a 9/12 Mechano Egg with Divine Shield, Taunt, Rush and Lifesteal.

Never felt so dirty in all of my life.
(I also would have had N'zoth bringing it back)
As long as the main part of HS is based around drawing cards and thats done at random, I guess pretty every match is based around luck.

Hell even the opponent the game match you against is random. Thus the luck is in play even before you actually make it to the match.
I've won many a game due to drawing the perfect cards, lost just as many because RNG cursed me.

Just had a bug where the game turned black and white, I'd say that was awful luck because I had a bad matchup vs Spell Hunter, was drunk and couldn't tell what I played and didn't play because nothing lit up.

Managed to win due to a lucky Kathrena/Krush summon.
I just played a secret hunter on eu that was called HappyFeet, he piloted his deck extremly badly, and lost

I wonder if it was you tc