Quest Warrior

Play Mode Discussion
Seriously? A constant Ragnaros? This card is in my Mage deck(Jan'alai), and it usually dies the next round. The fact that i still keep it shows how good it is. And warrior needs it infinitely because.. Requirement is playing some minions that would have been played anyway, cause they are useful. There´s no downside.
So.. could you not do this?
01/28/2019 06:38 PMPosted by BillDoor
There´s no downside.

So... that why the Quest has been meta relevant for maybe two expansions out of the six it could have been relevant for.

It is good but the requirement does actually cost something.
Has been around for a while is not really an argument..
01/28/2019 06:46 PMPosted by BillDoor
Has been around for a while is not really an argument..

It shows that the deck can't keep tempo or value in some metas. I've played it to legend (Witchwood meta) and here are the issues with it prior to this meta (there is a reason I am specifying that break):

Tar Creeper
Saronite (dependent on meta)
Ziliax
Primordial Drake (dependent on meta)
Stonehill Defender

Those are the four to five (Saronite and Primordial have never both been bad) taunts you'd run in a Control deck that didn't care about taunts or fatigue. Direhorn, Phantom Militia, Applebaum (older lists), and some of the other rotational taunts you wouldn't normally play. You then have Cornered Sentry which was a good tech card but isn't an amazing normal card to play as a lot fo decks can punish that card some.

In most lists that is 6+ slots being used up by suboptimal card choices if you were building a pure Control deck as they either give up a decent amount of tempo on usage or there are better options.

Now... why I divided it up.... the new Dragon synergy cards and how the can slot into Baku Warrior make it so that your tempo loss on some suboptimal turns can be regained through some good cards such as Crowd Roaster, Lancer, and from Boomsday Supercollider.

This is why I make the distinction as the deck can regain a lot of momentum now but the reason I bring up the history of the card is that it hasn't proven to be broken. It has been a good to decent card to build around for Warrior but has been continually outclassed by other Control decks or other 'inevitable kill' decks. Plus the Rag hero power can be minimized in accuracy a lot of times.... I tend to beat Warriors maybe 40% of the time after they complete the quest and are not already on death's doorstep.
Quest Warrior gets wrecked by combos and it's still not consistent against opponents that can keep flooding the board with minions to soak up the 8 damage hits.

It's really not as great as you think.
Sure, it´s all good. I mean it´s rock and i just happen to play scissors. But that´s fine because there is also paper.. i love it. Yes, some games i win. It´s exhausting. It´s one big slot machine. I play a minion (put in a coin), then it´s 50/50.
Minion or face, what will it be. I don´t get the feeling i climb or fall the ladder because i played good or not. This problem is probably as old as the game itself, but still..
01/29/2019 12:06 AMPosted by BillDoor
Sure, it´s all good. I mean it´s rock and i just happen to play scissors. But that´s fine because there is also paper.. i love it. Yes, some games i win. It´s exhausting. It´s one big slot machine. I play a minion (put in a coin), then it´s 50/50.
Minion or face, what will it be. I don´t get the feeling i climb or fall the ladder because i played good or not. This problem is probably as old as the game itself, but still..

At a vet hospital or I'd be sleeping, lol usually not on this late

The Rock/Paper/Scissors meta matchups have been worse this season. Vicious Syndicate (data site for HS) did an analysis since they began tracking data (WotOG I think) and Witchwood and Boomsday were the two most polarizing metas overall. I haven't seen the data on RR in terms of polarization rating but this has been a more polarizing year overall than what I remember or the data has shown.
01/28/2019 06:38 PMPosted by BillDoor
Seriously? A constant Ragnaros? This card is in my Mage deck(Jan'alai), and it usually dies the next round. The fact that i still keep it shows how good it is. And warrior needs it infinitely because.. Requirement is playing some minions that would have been played anyway, cause they are useful. There´s no downside.
So.. could you not do this?
YOu are two years late to whine on this archetype..geez
And yet it's not even a Tier 1 deck. How OP indeed.

Also here we yet AGAIN hear this "There's no downside" nonsense. Why should there be a "downside"? Do whiners here not want good cards any more these days? Everything must have a downside. Or trade-off. Or punishment.

Also you can get another Jan'alai, and thus multiple Ragnaroses, if you play Zola the Gorgon or Youthful Brewmaster on the same turn. Have fun.
Bit late to complain.

The quest is about to be flushed down the toilet known as Wild.

In wild mode, it'll fit right in with all the other imbalanced stuff.
if it has no downsides, how come your not rank 1 legend with it

checkmate OP
Its very slow and can even loose to other controldecks like BSM or controlock

The weakness is that you have to run a ton of taunt minions which in general are not very threatening

There are tons of more broken stuff in HS than the 8 damage randomly hp
Look at DK guldan heropower

Difference of 6 instead of 8 but you can target
01/29/2019 07:13 AMPosted by Siperos

Also here we yet AGAIN hear this "There's no downside" nonsense. Why should there be a "downside"? Do whiners here not want good cards any more these days? Everything must have a downside. Or trade-off. Or punishment.

[/quote]

Of course. You cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange.

..just kidding XD

I enjoy a game with the element of surprise, but it should still involve some skill. If a card is implemented that says ''you win the game'', it ruins both.
This would be Mecha C'thun. Another one.. please don´t make cards like these.

Have to admit though, it´s not perfect. Where there´s rock, there´s also paper.
01/30/2019 12:53 AMPosted by BillDoor
Of course. You cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.
You're. It's called "mana".

Giving more than that for powerful cards is, for the most part, Warlocks' thing.

01/30/2019 12:53 AMPosted by BillDoor
If a card is implemented that says ''you win the game'', it ruins both.
Well phew! Thank god we don't have cards like that in the game so everything is good, right?