How to deal with ropers

Community Discussion
We all had them we all hate them so let's have some fun with them. I deal with 1-2 a week and I enjoy my method of dealing with these jerks. I for one will never rope people because it's not right to be doing and these trolls need to be dealt with.

What I consider roping is if you dont play anything till the rope starts to show its self and you do this for 4 turns in a row. 1 or two okay life happens that can get you distracted. We all been there. 3 your pushing it and if you show you are at your computer doing this I start here with what I do. 4 your a roper in my book so this is what I do.

I rope you right back. I have a second screen. I'll load up another game. Watch a movie, stuff like that. Hell I cleaned a room while doing this to someone once. I do not care if you start playing faster after you roped me and getting roped yourself. You can deal with it rest of the game with me. More times than ever they will leave themselves. Keep in mind dont start think of ways to prolong the game more. Play as you would and be tentative of your actions. I feel for this trap when I first doing this to them.

I mostly play wild big prist decks so we are going to end game buddy. Hope you have something else to do. This happens at all ranks sadly. Even down at rank 4.
How to deal with ropers

netflix ?
I'm just glad that they reduced the rope time on Turn 1, its super bless.
My suggestion for the game team would be to group people by the average turn time of their last 5 games.

There could be 4 groups of players:

Fast
Medium
Slow
SUPER slow roping mf'ers

As an addition, if you alt-f4'ed or disconnected in your last 5 games, you are grouped in the slow category for the next 5 games.
01/25/2019 09:43 AMPosted by Lugnut
My suggestion for the game team would be to group people by the average turn time of their last 5 games.

There could be 4 groups of players:

Fast
Medium
Slow
SUPER slow roping mf'ers

As an addition, if you alt-f4'ed or disconnected in your last 5 games, you are grouped in the slow category for the next 5 games.

This I can agree with but the disconnect thing. I play on my phone and sometimes when going somewhere I'm going to disconnect and trust me being on a train one minuite you have internet and next you dont. I would say keep tract of the current speed and use that. No need to punish people for what they cant control.
I thought the term was sandbagging. Waiting last minute to play every turn to drag it out.
https://www.twitch.tv/chess

I was watching chess this morning on Twitch and they get A LOT of time to make a move. Reason being it takes a lot of skill to play chess.

Some people refer to Hearthstone as to requiring skill like Chess to play so a minute and half to make a decision is nothing.

But I love roping just cause....

See when you have to do these daily quests in the stomping grounds (casual). And you have to play these decks that are not going to win vs Tier 1 decks. This is where I love roping the most. Okay Big Boy, brought your A deck to casual play. You can have your free win but I am going ti watch TV why I get my boring daily done.

Man I love roping.
https://imgur.com/a/6FJqhai

Great Example.

Back to Back Paladins in Casual for the daily.

Both games played out the same. Hero power (considered one of the best in the game)

Consecrations, Pyromancers, Equality, (yaaaaaaawn), Buff em up now that you're knocked down. Dk Uther... Enjoying the sit through watching my play my OP in the stomping grounds?

Meh...

Watching Project Bluebook on the History channel <3 while the game does what it does.
I concede unless I'm playing arena
u didnt uncover any mystery. thats basically what i do back to such players. but u are playing big priest - i dont wonder wyh u are gettin roped. I am kinda glad u are gettin often trolled this way
Youtube
This rigged crap game is NOTHING like chess. Nothing is manipulated in chess. EVERYTHING in this game is manipulated.

01/26/2019 06:51 AMPosted by Zuljinisop

I was watching chess this morning on Twitch and they get A LOT of time to make a move. Reason being it takes a lot of skill to play chess.

Some people refer to Hearthstone as to requiring skill like Chess to play so a minute and half to make a decision is nothing.

See when you have to do these daily quests in the stomping grounds (casual). And you have to play these decks that are not going to win vs Tier 1 decks. This is where I love roping the most. Okay Big Boy, brought your A deck to casual play. You can have your free win but I am going ti watch TV why I get my boring daily done.

Man I love roping.
01/25/2019 09:10 AMPosted by Sparks
We all had them we all hate them so let's have some fun with them. I deal with 1-2 a week and I enjoy my method of dealing with these jerks. I for one will never rope people because it's not right to be doing and these trolls need to be dealt with.

What I consider roping is if you dont play anything till the rope starts to show its self and you do this for 4 turns in a row. 1 or two okay life happens that can get you distracted. We all been there. 3 your pushing it and if you show you are at your computer doing this I start here with what I do. 4 your a roper in my book so this is what I do.

I rope you right back. I have a second screen. I'll load up another game. Watch a movie, stuff like that. Hell I cleaned a room while doing this to someone once. I do not care if you start playing faster after you roped me and getting roped yourself. You can deal with it rest of the game with me. More times than ever they will leave themselves. Keep in mind dont start think of ways to prolong the game more. Play as you would and be tentative of your actions. I feel for this trap when I first doing this to them.

I mostly play wild big prist decks so we are going to end game buddy. Hope you have something else to do. This happens at all ranks sadly. Even down at rank 4.

01/27/2019 05:39 AMPosted by sharla
u didnt uncover any mystery. thats basically what i do back to such players. but u are playing big priest - i dont wonder wyh u are gettin roped. I am kinda glad u are gettin often trolled this way
i can rope the entire game if the mood strikes me, and seeing as how your netdecking, i probably will lol. theres 2 things that will make me rope, and if both occur, i will rope, every, single, turn.
01/26/2019 06:51 AMPosted by Zuljinisop

Man I love roping.

A man of culture i see, yeah, some people deserve it, insta-squelch me on a online game? im probably going to rope you, netdecking? probably going to rope you, if you dont do one or the other, i probably wont. but these pathetic idiots and their netdecks deserve it. they actually think they EARNED their wins and talk trash! yeah glory to that glorious rope.
you get what you deserve...
that's it
02/02/2019 02:58 PMPosted by uroboros
01/25/2019 09:10 AMPosted by Sparks

01/27/2019 05:39 AMPosted by sharla
i can rope the entire game if the mood strikes me, and seeing as how your netdecking, i probably will lol. theres 2 things that will make me rope, and if both occur, i will rope, every, single, turn.

See I never looked up decks for I find that harming the fun and trying to figure stuff on your own. I seen how it worked and made my own vairent of it.

But I most likely wont see you down where I am so have fun wasting your own time roping people when you are to lazy to change your deck around when seeing your deck getting countered.
HS is nothing like chess. Contrast RNG and the uncertainty of what cards the opponent has in hand and in his deck with chess where everything is visible to both players and nothing is hidden.

It kills me when the die-hards absolutely believe HS is not manipulated via the RNG, of course it is. There's simply no other way to support the longevity of the game. The only way to keep losers playing is either to turn them into better players or manipulate the rng such that they occasionally win.

Build a test deck to test the RNG. A fun one to try is Thijs' Big spell mage deck. It has ~ 50% of cards 4 mana and below and 50% 5 mana and above. Run 2 scouts and compile the data for a few weeks. Statistically you would expect the scouts to draw roughly 50% cards and above and 50% 4 mana and below. I guarantee you will not achieve results anywhere close to this. It'll be closer to 75-80% 4mana and below. Try it. I've been using this deck for about 4 weeks now and every day it's the same. Read the post fast because I've noticed post discussing rng don't seem to last long on the forum.
how to deal with them?

rope them back.
you are to lazy to change your deck around when seeing your deck getting countered.[/quote]

im literally almost out of slots...