Lesser Emerald Spellstone Nerf

Play Mode Discussion
3/2 Wolfs

Done
This way you nerf Flanking Strike too. It's the same Token. Just saying.
That nerf does nothing but allow hunters and paladins to have easier answers to spell stone.
Seems reasonable.

That change would mean the spellstone is now countered by: Blizzard, Holy Nova, Consecration, Explosive Traps, and Lightning Storm, Thalnos + Fan of Knives, etc. This change means just about everyone now has a chance to prepare their decks to counter the DogStone.

It would still be good, but counterable.
01/11/2019 01:08 PMPosted by Pißwasser

Yeah, all the wolf tokens

01/11/2019 01:08 PMPosted by GabesRage
That change would mean the spellstone is now countered by: Blizzard, Holy Nova, Consecration, Explosive Traps, and Lightning Storm, Thalnos + Fan of Knives, etc. This change means just about everyone now has a chance to prepare their decks to counter the DogStone.

Sure, this is the only way to deal with then, maybe making miracle rogue grat again, its just stupd how non odd rogue decks just cant play around it
I prefer the 1 - > 2 secrets for upgrade nerf a lot better. It targets those insane turn 5 swings.
01/11/2019 06:04 PMPosted by xlux
I prefer the 1 - > 2 secrets for upgrade nerf a lot better. It targets those insane turn 5 swings.

I would rather have more counterplay to the swing than have no swing.

Swings are good for the game. Swings that only some classes have answers for are bad.

This fixes that. And since it's exactly the nerf I suggested already...obviously I agree with it. I embrace my bias!
Things Hunter will loose once April hits

Spellstone
Rexxar
Cube

So Secret Hunter will be gone
Any sort or Control centred deck will be gone
Deathrattle/ Cube Hunter will be gone

The class will gut itself soon enough and will be left with the same face/midrange decks the class has always had nothing else

I highly doubt they will nerf anything considering Hunter in wild is meh compared to the really powerful synergies going on.

Just being realistic
i guess you didn't read Latest VS report.
Priests are overtaking hunters. Spellstone is no longer a problem.
Mass Hysteria is a perfect counter. Spell Hunters are on a decline.
Mid range hunters are rising in popularity and that deck does not have the spellstone.
01/11/2019 08:40 PMPosted by EDD
Mid range hunters are rising in popularity and that deck does not have the spellstone.

Sure there is a decline and a rise of priests.

But the meta report you're referencing still has Hunter at 28.2% which is still beyond insane.

Next highest is something like 14%.

So, no, no one is "overtaking" Hunter any time soon.

Even if the decline and the rise of counters continues with the same rate, it will take months for hunter to become "overtaken".
01/11/2019 08:40 PMPosted by EDD

So as long as I play either Hunter or Priest I can have fun?

This guy must be on blizzard's design team.
01/11/2019 01:08 PMPosted by Pißwasser

Not that I'm for this nerf, but nothing says we can't just like change the token so each thing summons a different one...
This would actually be a good fair change but knowing Blizzard if they touch this card they would probably destroy it with a bigger nerf.
I would like them being a bunch or 3/2, that way at least I can clear them with rexxar because god forbade rexxar battlecry dealing 3 dmg

01/11/2019 11:42 PMPosted by Shroud
Even if the decline and the rise of counters continues with the same rate, it will take months for hunter to become "overtaken"

or just a week actually, people is exceptic about playing priest because it is an expensive class and last meta it wasn't performing well, but when proved the opposite, everyone flocks to it and leave the hunter overhype in the past
01/12/2019 12:10 PMPosted by RhokDelar
I would like them being a bunch or 3/2, that way at least I can clear them with rexxar because god forbade rexxar battlecry dealing 3 dmg

01/11/2019 11:42 PMPosted by Shroud
Even if the decline and the rise of counters continues with the same rate, it will take months for hunter to become "overtaken"

or just a week actually, people is exceptic about playing priest because it is an expensive class and last meta it wasn't performing well, but when proved the opposite, everyone flocks to it and leave the hunter overhype in the past

what part of "the same rate" did you misread?

sure, it MIGHT decline faster, or it may even stop declining at all and stay there.

but "at the current declining rate" it will take MONTHS to even reach reasonable levels of play.
That'd make hunter mirrors quite interesting.
01/12/2019 01:07 PMPosted by Shroud
what part of "the same rate" did you misread?

the part that you are omitting that people weren't trying new things after the nerfs because 1- holidays, 2- end of the month, and they were already declining during the first week of the year
They either need to give secrets a downside or give an actual secret counter. Having no way to counter secrets prior to turn 5 meaning you really have to sit there or proc them is unacceptable.

Outside of spellstone granting 12/12 worth of stats, the secrets act as a stall as well meaning they don't get punished for a slow start

Add onto that flanking strike / by my side and the board flip is just too much compared to everything else everyone can do
01/12/2019 09:01 PMPosted by JacktR
They either need to give secrets a downside or give an actual secret counter. Having no way to counter secrets prior to turn 5 meaning you really have to sit there or proc them is unacceptable.

It's absolutely acceptable. You (the person playing against secrets) have absolute control over how much value your opponent (the one playing secrets) gets out of the cards they play. On top of that, the Hunter is generating no tempo or board state when they spend time playing Secrets. There's a reason why Secret Hunter was a barely fringe deck until Spell Hunter got support.

If you NEED to counter them, playing Chief Inspector to effectively nullify 2-3 turns and 2-3 cards while also leaving a 4/6 body is a more than reasonable option.