Let me explain why Hunter is disgusting and it should be nerfed into the ground.

Play Mode Discussion
Hunter right now is an abomination. An actual insult to everyone that has once enjoyed this game and the pillar of everything that is wrong with their "balance philosophy".

There was no reason to release cards like zulgin during this expansion. Hunters were already rich enough, they didn't need to get richer. It's also a card that gives nothing but positive RNG to the opponent. Playing 5-6 secrets, summoning an entire board of 3/3s, 4/2 charges, and then hunters marking your cards on board. This wasn't something like yogg in which i felt was "fair". At least if you dropped a yogg, it was a risk/reward card. There is no risk/reward with zulgin, it's all upside.

They also didn't need to pring the 7/7 that then summons another beast from your hand. This just leads to insane turn 8 plays with Kathrina. Many times summoning an 8/8 charge and a 7/7 rush (that turns into a charge) on turn 8, with nothing you can do. It's just an "i win card".

You also didn't need to add hunters call this expansion. Hunter wasn't hurting for a tier 1 deck and draw should be their weak point since they have so many cards of value until the rotation in April. I don't see this "deck diversity" that people speak of. If deck diversity is what broken hunter deck am i going to queue up into next, then yea, meta is super diverse.

It's really a shame because the meta actually might be the healthiest it's been in months and months if hunter wasn't such an abomination right now. This all drives into a deeper problem with the design team - they can't seem to not add even more broken cards to good decks. Why stuff like kingsbane was hit but a card like hunters mark (don't forget, execute was increased to 2 mana) still can go on at 1 mana is truly disgusting. I know I'm negative on these message boards, but it's so damn hard logging onto a game i loved and seeing what has become of it.
All of that, and it still can't outperform Odd or Even Paladin.
01/12/2019 09:05 AMPosted by MoarRNGplz
There was no reason to release cards like zulgin during this expansion.

Yes there was: to sell packs.

01/12/2019 09:05 AMPosted by MoarRNGplz
It's really a shame because the meta actually might be the healthiest it's been in months and months if hunter wasn't such an abomination right now.

Oh boy, here we go again. "The meta might have been healthy if class X or deck Y weren't such a pain." Trust me dear, a balanced meta gets boring very fast. Imbalances is what makes HS very enjoyable. You know what's ironic? Hearthstone is actually balanced because it has both balanced and imbalanced stuff.
The part you and many don't get is.

Cards are designed 2-3 expansion ahead of time. Hunter's strong 2017 cards were designed when Hunter was a dead class.

Means Streets: Hunter is dead
Next Expansion Later: Journey to UnGoro
2 Expansions Later: Knights of the Frozen Throne
3 Expansions Later: Kobold's & Catacombs
You nerf hunter to the ground, then what's next? It's an endless cycle where the top deck or perceived top deck gets immediately replaced by another once it gets nerfed to the ground. All the while, the players and game suffer because it shrinks the viable pool of decks and cards we can use competitively.

This is why I'm not a proponent of nerfs. This game has enough content releases to shakeup the meta throughout the year. Nerfs are just lazy and rude.
01/12/2019 09:14 AMPosted by Wardrum

Hybrid hunter is the top winrate deck at legend. (VS report)
Your title says "let me explain why" but your post gives no explanation other then 'hunter didnt need to be given strong cards because it's yucky.'

Hunter has a lot of strong decks right now, beast, spell, and deathrattle.
But all play differently, and none are worse then the top decks of other metas.

I'm not saying it's ok that hunter is so popular right now,
but every meta, especially after nerfs, everyone jumps on the bandwagon of the most popular deck and then everyone else is shocked that the deck is so popular.
01/12/2019 09:58 AMPosted by jawsofwar

You're correct, for the top <1% of players, it is in fact sporting a 0.48% greater winrate. I'd still say that's a far cry from "disgusting and in need of a nerf" as the OP states.
01/12/2019 09:58 AMPosted by jawsofwar

but it still can't reliably beat paladins, just stomp on all the other matches and pray the lord forgive them against priests