Do you think there will be mid-cycle nerfs?

Play Mode Discussion
01/23/2019 01:33 AMPosted by TheChemist
01/22/2019 12:50 PMPosted by Mand
What you call an error isn’t anywhere close to that clearcut. The lower power level compared to Mammoth is on purpose, and it will be good for the long-term health of the game, which is what they need to care about.

Plus, if it’s so easy, feel free to do it yourself:

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/all/hearthstone/all/all/1

Mand my man, the difference is that you speak based on your expectations while i speak with what i ve seen till now.
Also this whole post, with the comments that are in it shows exactly what has happened during the year of the raven:
People are so bored with the meta that they dont want nerfs so that an op deck loses its place. They want nerfs just for the shake of changing the meta.

This is the greatest accomplishment that T5 made during the year of the raven. Make people think that nerfs are something normal that MUST happen every mid expansion just for the shake of changing the meta. Why? Cause T5 failed to ''print'' cards that give the meta some flexibility. If thats ok with you, then what can i say...... As for what happens after rotation, will shall all be here and see.

P.S. Btw im gonna have to decline your offer. I have my own job and people suggest im good at it.

But my point is there is a very damn good reason why Raven cards didn’t supplant Mammoth. I am not saying it’s optimal: I’m saying it’s a hard but right choice in order to restabilize the health of the game.
Why? The pack nerf had intended results. Hunter is everywhere so I assume they sold a ton of new expansion packs. This expansion didn't push anyone else. That's it. End of story. They got their money and they got out. They don't actually care about balance, if they did their business model wouldn't look as it is. Two good classes to sell packs and a handful of gimmick cards so other classes can occassionally maybe have some fun once in a blue moon.
01/23/2019 05:07 AMPosted by Cemarz
Why? The pack nerf had intended results. Hunter is everywhere so I assume they sold a ton of new expansion packs. This expansion didn't push anyone else. That's it. End of story. They got their money and they got out. They don't actually care about balance, if they did their business model wouldn't look as it is. Two good classes to sell packs and a handful of gimmick cards so other classes can occassionally maybe have some fun once in a blue moon.

This is the worst logic ever.

2 good classes sell packs? No. 9 good classes sell packs because your packs WILL have good cards then. 2 good classes burn dust...because you only need to craft 1 or 2 cards.

So the best way to increase pack sales are a broad assortment of good class cards. Otherwise dusting is always best and you end up with plenty to fuel 1 or 2 classes anyway.
01/22/2019 07:00 PMPosted by Mand
01/22/2019 06:22 PMPosted by BroadPup
How about midcycle BUFFS instead?

The difference is in impact. Take out one card, and many cards can fill the gap. Buff one card, and now that card is played more but probably not many other underplayed ones.

It's not hard to balance the amount of OTK in the game. You're a fool and fanboy to think the current meta is skill based and fun to play against. Some form of neutral hand/deck disruption for a SMALL chance for even an extra turn to recover is needed.