Ban Mass Hysteria from Arena

Arena Discussion
So you’re going to punish me for filling board when there is no choice? F@g game. F@g arena.
You do have a choice. If Priest is doing nothing and has cards in hand they are either sitting on Board Clear, Mind Control, something too expensive to play that turn or something they have no targets for. So it was your choice to play into the Board Clear. Just because you no longer have to worry about MCT doesn't mean its safe to spam the board now.
Don't blame the game if you made a mistake. you need to play around those type of card. Every hero has those cards. If you fill your board with minion and then get rekt by a flamestrike or whatever board clear you just didn't play accordingly. Mass Hysteria is a great design in my opinion. It doesn't mean its going to clean everything. Maybe it could have been 6 mana tho..
... play around those type of card. Every hero has those cards...

1. Do you actually notice how ignorant you sound ? How can you play around on rng ? Have you ever read the effect of Mass Hysteria, I think you haven't. Minions are attacking each other completely random.
If you are such a mastermind you should maybe start with lottery and play around the "bad" numbers and make a lot of money. /facepalm

2. Clearly not every hero has crazy board removal, but I guess you are just playing a totally different game. Whatever.
01/28/2019 06:19 AMPosted by Tenray
How can you play around on rng ?
You can play around Mass Hysteria if you understand how it works.

Imagine a board with lots of minions that are all 3/3's. Mass Hysteria has a high chance to do a full clear or leave just a single minion.

Imagine a board with just two big minions, e.g. a 12/10 and a 10/12. Mass Hysteria will always clear.

Imagine a board with one 12/12 and five 1/1's. Mass Hysteria will never remove the 12/12 but will almost certainly clear the 1/1's.

Imagine a board with two 12/12's and five 1/1's. Mass Hysteria has a chance to fuly clear but a larger chance to leave both big minions damaged but alive.

Those are extremes but it shows my point. Lots of mostly equal minions is weak to Mass Hysteria. A small number of minions that can kill each other is also weak. But a single strong minion plus a few weak ones is strong, and two strong minions plus some weak minions is also fairly strong (but more RNG-dependent).

Do you expect your opponent to have Mass Hysteria? Then don't play into it. Don't build a board that is weak to it and they'll either have to keep it in hand and try to deal with the board in a different way, or play it anyway and then have no counter whhen you play the next round of threats.
Don't blame the game if you fail to properly anticipate AoE and make the worst possible plays into it.

01/28/2019 06:19 AMPosted by Tenray
... play around those type of card. Every hero has those cards...

1. Do you actually notice how ignorant you sound ? How can you play around on rng ? Have you ever read the effect of Mass Hysteria, I think you haven't. Minions are attacking each other completely random.
If you are such a mastermind you should maybe start with lottery and play around the "bad" numbers and make a lot of money. /facepalm

2. Clearly not every hero has crazy board removal, but I guess you are just playing a totally different game. Whatever.

1 You are the one that is ignorant. You have control over what you put on board. You don't have to add to the board to give the Priest the perfect blowout Hysteria If you are already winning you don't have to overextend into AoE. A good rule of thumb is if the opponent is doing nothing they are probably trying to set something up. You don't have to develop more and can just hit them in the face with whatever you are already winning with and pass it back. The only thing that changed is you both have +1 card and they have less health so whatever they do end up doing when they make their move you would actually have more answer for it unless you threw every minion on board and their move is AoE.

2 Every Hero does have something to deal with wide boards some better than others and we even have a few powerful Nuetrals that anyone can get. Why don't you do some research before you attempt to call someone out. Warrior has Brawl and Warpath. Shaman has Lightning Storm and Volcano. Rogue has Vanish and Blade Flurry. Paladin has Equality shenanigans. Hunter has Unleash the hounds, Explosive Trap. Druid has Starfall. Warlock has Hellfire, Defile, Shadowflame, Twisting Nether. Mage has Meteor, Dragon's Fury, Flamestrike, Blizzard, Arcanosaur, Blastwave. Priest has Achenai +Circle, Scream, Nova, Duskbreaker and Hysteria. Everyone has Primordial Drake. AoE is everywhere in this Standard.