I've started Hearthstone this week, but...

Play Mode Discussion
How come a game so simple that is basically just a menu lags so much ? wtf ?
With how much cash they make off this game, how come it struggles so much with fluidity ? This game is poorly optimized. Has it always been the case ?
Like, I wouldn't mind if it was one an indie company, or if hearthstone was a big action packed games with lots of detailed environments and high-rez graphics but...it's a card game, on a board.
Like, really, what the f*ck ?
Sounds like Internet problems for you or your opponents.
What are you playing on?

My friends list will lag the first time I open it after launch on my Note 8 but other than spotty internet connections periodically, it's lag-free for me.
I don't mean lags during games, but more like freezes, especially on the loading menu, when you first launch the game.
It often freeezes while searching for an opponent too.
Also, I've had issues when the game became completely blurry after a game and I had to close it and start again.
This sounds like issues with your PC and/or internet connection. Hearthstone works fine on most systems but it is much more resource intensive than you would expect from a card game.

Do you have issues with other games or just Hearthstone. If everything else works fine you could try deleting and re-installing Hearthstone. There is also an option in the Battle.net app to scan and repair the game files that you may want to try.
I can run BDO on max graphics, so that's no the issue. Besides, the friend that convinced me to play has the same problems.
The "gate opening" sequence when you launch the game is also reaaally laggy. I don't really get why.
is weird yes, it runs badly on my pc too

now, my pc isn't all that good either, I know, but the thing is: I reinstalled on december, before RR release and it was fine after months being laggy, then after the release update it became laggy again and it even has problems to start up, and freezes when I try to shut it down
01/12/2019 09:42 AMPosted by Гуди
I don't mean lags during games, but more like freezes, especially on the loading menu, when you first launch the game.
It often freeezes while searching for an opponent too.
Also, I've had issues when the game became completely blurry after a game and I had to close it and start again.

Exactly the case for me too.
I have several machines I run Hearthstone on. Here is the good news about this issue even though it exists and happens on the stronger PC I have as well:

After that first lag on a given screen, the game runs smoothly until I shut it down. I literally can leave it up for hours, with different family members doing monster hunts, casual play matches, ranked play... whatever (there are kids that take turns after homework).

The bad news about that is of course that it exists at all and improved hardware, at least to the extent I own, doesn't seem to prevent it. I have seen some improvement over time, which makes me think Blizzard is at least aware of it and trying to do something about it.
Have issues with laggy performance as well (not internet) on my beast pc. I can run Witcher 3 at max settings with over 100 FPS yet this game runs mediocre at best.

The game runs better on my phone lol.
I found this on reddit yesterday. I have a moderate computer and Hearthstone freezes/laggs in the main menu - until I did this:
Turn off automatic streaming under "settings" in the battle.net app

It works so much better now.

Source/credit
https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/aeyi5p/disabling_the_automatic_streaming_made/
I got a brand new tablet and the loading screen always seems to be the worst. Sometimes I think it's frozen but then it boots up. I have been pondering this also, why does a game like Hearthstone seem to have issues with smooth gameplay? They keep improving the basic requirements to play the game. Card like lightning storm have a delay but when I watch a streamer, the card effect is instant. I shouldn't have to invest in an expensive set-up just to have a card game run smoothly