Plz bring back wild packs in shop

Community Discussion
Cant we simply have the wild card pack back in the shop ?
I dont play standard , almost exclusively wild , and if i want to get wild packs i have to get out of the game go on the battle net app go in the store there and then get the wilds packs , further more i cant even buy those with in game gold .

The other part that annoys me about this , i get its a money thing . but why is the price of packs that are excluded from most tournaments/ standard play the same price at those that are .

We would end up paying full price for something we cant even use everywhere .

I rarely purchase any wilds pack because of that , at the rare exception when they are on discount like we just got. If that type of discount was permanent for wild cards i would purchase them more often , and its not even like it costs them money to print the cards , everything is digital and its profit with barely any costs involved.

I find very little logic in the fact i can go buy real mtg/ygo card packs , get more cards then heartstone packs and the physical copies are cheaper then the digital ones.
01/27/2019 08:43 PMPosted by MySelf
The other part that annoys me about this , i get its a money thing . but why is the price of packs that are excluded from most tournaments/ standard play the same price at those that are .

Dust.

If Wild-only packs were cheaper than the ones still in Standard, it could potentially be more economic to buy Wild-only packs and dust everything, compared to buying packs from the most recent expansions and hoping to get what you're looking for.
Like you said the key word is potentially.

An average pack will provide 4 common and a rare for a total of 40 ( 20 + 4 x 5 )

But the system also garantees a epic within every 10 packs and a legendary within 20 packs. ( based on the heartstone wiki )

Which would mean in order to make a legendary from dust alone :
17 pack with rare : 680
2 pack with epic : 240
1 pack with legendary: 420
Total : 1340
You would need an other 7 packs to get the mising 260 , which would give uou 280 total.

Total pack needed minimum : 27
Total dust : 1620
And that would be if someone owned 100% of the cards pulled because the system will not give you the same legendary if you have other unowned ones.

It would mean to get a legendary it would be easier to buy 20 packs then dusting 27 ( min )
01/28/2019 08:42 AMPosted by MySelf
It would mean to get a legendary it would be easier to buy 20 packs then dusting 27 ( min )

Unless you miss exactly one Legendary from a specific set (and it's one you want), getting "a" Legendary is not something you should rely on. If the Legendary you get isn't one you want you're in exactly the same spot as with the Wild-only packs, thus if Wild-only packs are cheaper there's little reason to buy any other kind of pack.
The really bad dust economy (IMO) aside. Yes, I agree it would be nice to be able to purchase wild packs from the game client. This is going to be even more true in a few months when Ungoro, KFT, and Kobolds all become wild only sets as well. Blizzard has stated that they don't want to confuse players and keep the client clean, but I don't see why it would be hard to add a warning that "these packs can only be used in the WILD mode. Are you sure you wish to buy these packs" to each wild purchase.
01/28/2019 06:40 PMPosted by StevenSensei
The really bad dust economy (IMO) aside. Yes, I agree it would be nice to be able to purchase wild packs from the game client. This is going to be even more true in a few months when Ungoro, KFT, and Kobolds all become wild only sets as well. Blizzard has stated that they don't want to confuse players and keep the client clean, but I don't see why it would be hard to add a warning that "these packs can only be used in the WILD mode. Are you sure you wish to buy these packs" to each wild purchase.

true, and to make it even more obvious they could simply have a separate tab of their own for "wild only cards"

as far to how much it would cost to make a specific legendary if were going to dust all the packs for it , we would need a minimum of 27 packs, lets say 2x the 15 card pack deals , that would be roughly 50 CAD , i dont know how much the cost would be for the US prices or if you have lower over all price but anyway.

on one side that 50$ gives you a total of 96 mixed commons, 2 epics and 1 legendary guaranteed. but on the other end if you purchase them from a set you own 100% of it ( because if you do not own 100% of a set it can deffintely cost you much more then this ) , for the same price you can get 1 legendary but you get to pick which one, it kinda makes you wonder how much your truly willing to pay for 1 virtual card lol. even if we were to have it cut down to half, it would mean about 25$ to get 1 specific card, and im sure more people would be willing to dish out 25$ for one card then 50$ for the same one , and on top of that blizzard could actually decide to nerf it because it may over perform , so your super good card may not even be a lasting investment.
I fully agree to this thread, in fact, I've been asking the same thing time and again for years. Sadly, there was never any official reply, so I guess it won't be happening. I've not been playing HS for almost a year now because of this, since I have no money for games at all at the moment. This was supposed to be a free game if I remember correctly, but I can't play it the way I like it without spending money on it, and having to craft wild cards with dust is just horrible time to rewards ratio.

A solution for the dust problem would be very simple: A second form of dust for wild cards only. We could use the normal dust, which we get from normal cards only, to craft ANY card. Disenchanting wild cards would instead give "Wild dust" or whatever they might call it, which could only be used to craft other wild cards.
I wish they would let us buy past adventures for gold; crafting all the good cards from these sets is an enormous feat for a f2p.
Making wild packs and adventures available for GOLD would probably boost wild, that would be awesome. They say they do not want to confuse new players, blabla but imo thats just total bs.