Advice for countering this opening.

Play Mode Discussion
Playing V a hunter,

Turn 1 : Dire Mole
Turn 2 : Razormaw (+3 Atk on Dire Mole)
Turn 3 : Animal Companion.

Meanwhile i had 2 x voidlord and 1 Defile in hand , and Jeklik and 1 Stonehill Defender.

Im playing a sort of cubelock style deck with some changes.

So I am asking for advice on how to kill a 1/3 on turn 2, I think this seems a little overstatted as it,s almost guarantee,d to survive against some classes.

I dont want to sound like im screaming it,s OP or anything but just how as a Warlock do you deal with that opening ?
Are you seriously asking how to win against goldfish of a temodeck..?
You must have Hellfire in starting hand.
Coin doomsayer,he will probably hero power and then you tap and play tar creeper or stonehill. Its not great but its something

Glacial shard on 1 followed by trading his razormaw and coin tar creeper.

There are several ways to kill it but mome of them is all that great.

Hellfire i dont think its good. hunter refills and you face same problem with 3 less health. Hellfire is not effective against hunter flood but its so,ewhat good against zoo and such as they lack consistent damage and will have to sacrifice tempo to get more cards.

Corpse taker is good,its a card i have dismissed for a long time but after seeing kolento play it in mechathun warlock i am convinced its good. He played corpse taker in several games against hunters and i saw him win all of them (3 games or so) basicly with just corpse taker to survive long enough.
There isn't enough low cost removal for low cost minions in the game, imo. The number of aggressive power creeping minions is getting bigger and better than the removal minions and removal spells. So, in essence, there's not much you can do other than try to survive until later turns where you can then deal with them

I had a hunter do this to me the other day
Turn 1 coin hyena
Immediately, I'm screwed. If I don't have removal spell in hand, any minion I play is going to be fodder to feed the hyena because I know lynx is coming. But, I have no spell in hand (still turn 2 for me) so I pass. There's not many turn 2 spells to deal with that anyway.
Turn 2 he razormaws. +3 attack. I'm hit for 5 damage. Ok,now I have to play a minion.

Turn 3 lynx into my minion. +2 attack to hyena who now has +7 attack. Razormaw, windfury to hyena. Hits me for 14 and 3 damage. It's turn 3 and I've been hit for 22 damage.

It's my turn 4 with only 8 health left. If I lay down a taunt minion, he can either lynx it again or kill command it and I'm dead. But I HAVE to lay down something. So I do, and in comes kill command AND the other lynx. Boom, I'm dead.

I didn't pull any of my 2 silences or 4 removals. Chances are that I wouldn't pull them anyway, it was only turn 4.
01/28/2019 11:23 AMPosted by Drib
Meanwhile i had 2 x voidlord and 1 Defile in hand , and Jeklik and 1 Stonehill Defender.

So I am asking for advice on how to kill a 1/3 on turn 2, I think this seems a little overstatted as it,s almost guarantee,d to survive against some classes.

You need to muligan for removal, and hope you get luckier than your opponent.
There's no miracle strat that works, sometimes your opponent will highroll their opening and you'll be left sad and/or salty cause you lost turn 4. But that's how it works.
Against hunter you always want to hard muligan for removal in case of spellstone anyway. As control lock, I guess you run Hellfires and Doomsayers, so that's what you're looking for. Most of the time, if you need to drop Doomsayer before the spellstone, the opponent won't be able to kill it, or it'll at least act as a 7 health "taunt", buying you another turn.

In the end, you shouldn't read too much into this.
You lost because your opponent got really lucky with their opening (Dire Mole into Crackmaw for damage into animal companion is pretty much the best hunter can do). It's about the same as Healzoo going Librarian / Vodoo Doctor / Happy Ghoul turn one. You were already very likely to lose regardless of your hand/deck.
01/28/2019 11:23 AMPosted by Drib
Playing V a hunter,

Turn 1 : Dire Mole
Turn 2 : Razormaw (+3 Atk on Dire Mole)
Turn 3 : Animal Companion.

I dont want to sound like im screaming it,s OP or anything but just how as a Warlock do you deal with that opening ?

SMork
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jenlSf2E8o

Dude learn your patterns. You asked about Hunter specifically so you know its opening "pattern". Now learn all the patterns then get yourself the best win rate deck at hsreplay and learn how to beat the patterns.
Just concede, not worth playing against them
Mulligan for aoe yes an hellfire can rek both secret and the version with dire moles razormaws and hyenas, defile plus an kobold librarian can set up for an easy clear versus the second version.

Otherwise try to delay the damage as much as you can, playing your stonehill and jeklik.
If in turn 3 you have 2x voidlord in hand either you mulliganed poorly or for royally screwed by the deck.

Defile + a librarian (or any 1 hp minion) is a clear. Jeklik and the stone hill aren’t bad stalls, But if the majority of your hand is late game and your opponent draws a powerful opener, there’s not a lot to be done.
Concede
i feel entitled to having the ability to unmake whatever my opponent played during their turn.
Simply because i deserve to win every single game i play and everybody else doesn't.
And also i only like to play this one specific deck.
Bad match ups should only exist for other people.
Warlock sux vs hunter
01/28/2019 11:37 AMPosted by Schyla
There isn't enough low cost removal for low cost minions in the game, imo. The number of aggressive power creeping minions is getting bigger and better than the removal minions and removal spells.

This is genuinely hilarious. Yes, Dire Mole is clearly much better than Tunnel Trogg or pre-nerf Mana Wyrm, while Razormaw crushes Minibot, Totem Golem, or pre-nerf Knife Juggler.

The early game is getting consistently gutted.

How does warlock answer that board? Hellfire, Defile, Tar Creeper, Doomsayer and many more are one-shot answers to a three card opening.