I gave up ranked standard play...

Play Mode Discussion
There is no point anymore. I just hope that casual is not as well infested with unfunny OTK and combo decks. God knows I tried to make it work, busting my mana budgets on combo breaking cards like Hakkar or Gnomeferatu, Void Contracts, Mojomaster Zihi and what so ever... It simply does not work. Fun thing - Paladin says at the beginning if the game that he will fight with honor.

This is simply my humble opinion which I know will be down voted, but I came to realize that HS community does not allow any sort of complaining. It is not OK for anybody to complain about OTK decks when you have OTK breaking tools. But what if I do not want to spend 2 or three card slots on OTK breakers and then run into Odd Paladin or Rogue, Zoolock or Hunter? When you lose the game, no matter how bad you feel, no matter how hard you try, no matter what sort of deck you are playing - the blame for losing a match is all on you. Classic atomistic individualism... But, you can look at other threads, and you will see that OTK and Combo decks have never been as much hated as they are now, and that tells something - I am not the only one fed up with this charade of a game.

I play HS for 4 years and I think that before Un'Goro there has been a golden age of HS. This may be just my sentimentality speaking, but I remember those big minion combats and calculations on every turn, not just a mindless card drawing. I remember when my opponent would play Ragnaros (whatever kind) or Sylvanas, maybe even Confessor Paletress. There were certain amount of unpredictability in trying to figure out what big threat your opponent might drop. Now you know what is gonna happen when your opponent puts Novice Engineer on turn 2 or when they are out of cards.

Anyway, I am giving gloaters a chance to down vote me as they always have, but I know that game has become rubbish, and I just hope that those little OTK bastards would not tarnish casual mode and stay out of it. I hope they are proud of themselves for ruining the game.
There are some OTKs I encounter in Casual, but its a much more varied experience. I can't think of the last time I ran into any back to back.

I tend to make slightly slower midrange decks, so OTK decks often wreck me pretty hard.
in my opinion casual is a little worse, not only will you run into the meta decks you will run into cheese combos that don't work in the meta but somehow have tech for every single move you have or win in some other cheese way like the druid deck that hits you in the face 20 times on one turn (punishes you for playing minions)
01/28/2019 04:16 PMPosted by Vukomanov
This is simply my humble opinion which I know will be down voted, but I came to realize that HS community does not allow any sort of complaining.
complain about broken cards like ui or spell stones but don't complain about T3 or T4 decks, it doesn't make any sense
01/28/2019 05:10 PMPosted by Shakou
This is simply my humble opinion which I know will be down voted, but I came to realize that HS community does not allow any sort of complaining.
complain about broken cards like ui or spell stones but don't complain about T3 or T4 decks, it doesn't make any sense

You just proved my point.
Wanna bet he makes this same stupid post in a few days? It’s what he does.
This is simply my humble opinion

This is honestly the funniest part of the entire thread. You spent a better part of your posts talking about how it is actually amoral to play combo decks and how people who do so are ethically (and in some cases even mentally) impaired. This is a game, and you acted as if people were committing crimes against humanity just by choosing to play a certain deck. That is practically the definition of hubris and very much not a "humble opinion".

I came to realize that HS community does not allow any sort of complaining.

You spent more time taking taking the "moral" high ground than making legitimate complaints, and that's why you got downvoted. We (the forum-goers) aren't out to get you. It's perfectly valid for you to not enjoy the game and to not enjoy playing against certain decks. You are, after all, entitled to your opinion. If you don't like the game, your best avenues are either taking a break (which I highly recommend in your case) or constructively conversing with people here on the forums. You did neither of these, and instead decided to play the martyr and shame people for their deck choice.
01/28/2019 05:39 PMPosted by Guldin

Of course. You continue to ruin to game, I will continue to ruin the discussion. Have a problem with that?
01/28/2019 05:51 PMPosted by InfinityMin1
This is simply my humble opinion

This is honestly the funniest part of the entire thread. You spent a better part of your posts talking about how it is actually amoral to play combo decks and how people who do so are ethically (and in some cases even mentally) impaired. This is a game, and you acted as if people were committing crimes against humanity just by choosing to play a certain deck. That is practically the definition of hubris and very much not a "humble opinion".

I came to realize that HS community does not allow any sort of complaining.

You spent more time taking taking the "moral" high ground than making legitimate complaints, and that's why you got downvoted. We (the forum-goers) aren't out to get you. It's perfectly valid for you to not enjoy the game and to not enjoy playing against certain decks. You are, after all, entitled to your opinion. If you don't like the game, your best avenues are either taking a break (which I highly recommend in your case) or constructively conversing with people here on the forums. You did neither of these, and instead decided to play the martyr and shame people for their deck choice.

If you don't like it, don't read it. Simple as that.
01/28/2019 05:56 PMPosted by Vukomanov

Never said I didn't like it. Read the first sentence of my post - I said it was funny. I am very much entertained by reading your content.

of course he will
hes one of this forum toxic posters who only pops up to insult players based on the decks or class they like to play
01/28/2019 06:21 PMPosted by Boreas

of course he will
hes one of this forum toxic posters who only pops up to insult players based on the decks or class they like to play

Good. Glad we understood each other.
01/28/2019 06:07 PMPosted by InfinityMin1

Never said I didn't like it. Read the first sentence of my post - I said it was funny. I am very much entertained by reading your content.

Great. Everyone wins then. :)
The OTK decks are frustrating yes. With no counter cards readily available it forces you into playing either a very specific deck or specific cards that normally do nothing against anything other than combo.
That’s why Dirty Rat was so good. It fit into both roles.

When it comes to quitting standard. It correlates pretty well with the other thread going around complaining about Casual.

If your not enjoying yourself in standard. Give casual a go, it’s pretty similar to ladder tbh, but what players don’t want to get their heads around when it comes to casual is if you don’t want to face something or if your not enjoying the match. Just concede and re que.
it’s not hard, it doesn’t take long and it will stop you from tilting at the game or certain decks.
When it comes to players having ago at other players for playing “good decks”in casual when their trying to complete quests or meme it up. Well I say to those people tuff, the mode isn’t called let me finish my quest mode or meme deck mode, it’s casual. How you enjoy casual is completely up to you and if you don’t like it, concede and move on.

The best way of playing this game mate is to just do what makes you happy and completely ignore people who trying and make you do what they want. They won’t ever be satisfied with the game and will always find something wrong.
01/28/2019 05:53 PMPosted by Vukomanov

Of course. You continue to ruin to game, I will continue to ruin the discussion. Have a problem with that?

Nah. This forum has always been full of posters like you...crying about whatever decks they’re not good enough to beat with whatever deck they are piloting.

I do love how you cry about combo decks when you admitted on this forum that you play a combo deck though.

By the way, hope you enjoy casual mode. Played 5 games there last night and my opponents were odd rogue, odd paladin, odd warrior, odd paladin, odd mage. Of course, with the MMR system in place, you’ll probably be facing decks running chillwind yeti after 20-30 minutes of play. Good luck.

And If you don’t like OTK, don’t play the game. Simple as that ;)