It's all in the draw!

Play Mode Discussion
Here's the thing.

This game's AI is kinda stupid.

How would it know what a bad draw is?
I always wanted to do this and now is my chance

Troll thread 1/10
I mean, you're right insofar as the system in place tries to get 50/50 winrate for all players. As in, if you're winning 60% of your games, it will try to find someone who can beat you. I guess you're faulting matchmaking, but it's just doing its job. Yes we'd all like a chance via perfect play to win as close to 100% of our matches as possible. But it's not designed like that, sorry man. Unless your deck is super jank, everyone gets pretty much a fair chance at winning a game of Hearthstone. Yes that means sometimes you won't draw your cards when you need them, just how it is.
01/23/2019 11:14 AMPosted by SuperCuddles
I mean, you're right insofar as the system in place tries to get 50/50 winrate for all players.

This whole "forced 50% win rate" needs to stop.

Yes, a good matchmaking will make you end up with a 50% win rate. Not because it gives you free wins / losses whenever you happen to stray to far from 50, but because the higher your win rate, the higher you'll climb the ranks, the stronger your opponents are, the less you'll win. And then finally you reach a point where you and your opponents are evenly matched, and you have as much of a chance to win as your opponent. Hence the 50/50 win rate.
This is true for every single decent matchmaker of any game. Take this explanation and post it on Overwatch, Starcraft, Call of Duty, Halo, or whatever game you want. The principle will always be the same.
OP, I totally agree with you. This is exactly what's happening.

Also, lizard people are secretly running the government, we never landed on the moon, and the band AC/DC stands for Anti-Christ Devil Committee.

The truth is out there.
-_-

No.