Do you guys ever show mercy to off meta decks?

Play Mode Discussion
Or is it always try hard mode, even in casual for you guys?

I always show mercy to quest paladins by letting them get their quest done and smack me once with their Galvadon, am i a good person for doing this?
By mercy you mean maybe let them win? No, not really.

If it's a real off meta deck I usually emote well played at the end, even if I lose. But I play to win.

If it's an obvious quest deck, like a warrior spamming weapons, I'll avoid killing them with my board an pass turns til I figure they're done. I know they appreciate it because they say thanks when they concede.
I've never had a single person ever "let me win" or go easy when I play my off meta decks nor do I expect them to.
I'm usually playing off meta decks in casual. Honestly the only thing that bugs me is seeing people play t1 decks in casual. Keep that in ranked where it belongs and leave casual to us janks!
I always hoping to people doing their best against my meme deck.

The feeling is great if you win for real with it.
in the past I used to let the game play out get someone to a few hp and concede if I saw they were playing all basic decks.

but now idk this game has made be bitter, I'm not losing to 4 hunters, 2 combo decks and 3 mages to throw away the only win this game has handed me on a platter anymore.

#trial by fire
Only one blade can sharp another.

If someone plays a off meta deck i'm show my respect for their choice by doubling my attention on the game.

That way i'm ensure that i'm do my best to help they in the long journey to build a good homebrew deck.
No, but if you are talking about casual it’s usually me playing off meta, or the bottom of the meta. Decks like Cauldron Rogue, Oakheart Clone Priest, old version of Odd Warrior and Myracle Rogue.
Mercy as in let them win? No

Mercy as in don't emote them in the end as that might be interpreted as BM/rubbing it in? Sure.
01/28/2019 05:00 PMPosted by minami
Only one blade can sharp another.

If someone plays a off meta deck i'm show my respect for their choice by doubling my attention on the game.

That way i'm ensure that i'm do my best to help they in the long journey to build a good homebrew deck.

please do this especially on ladder. i had someone obviously throw a match not long ago and sent him a friend request to ask why. his answer 'i wanted to see your win-con' fine fair reason but most people playing homebrews want to see what theyre capable of dont throw matches. send an invite if youre curious most homebrewers i now arent afraid to accept them (very low rage invite percentage when playing your own thing)
My mercy comes in the form of making really bad decks that are meant to complete a quest quickly, then I dive head first into ranked with it. You're welcome.
It is the opposite.

I concede when I see a secret hunter.
Go all out when I see a poor Warrior.
Mercy, why?

The point of running off meta decks is to see how it stacks out against the field. Showing mercy is just poisoning the data.
Isn't the whole fun of meme decks trying to make them work in an unrealistic meta? What fun is pulling some wacky combo that can be consistently done effortlessly? Unless it wins games of course.
An off meta deck isnt necessarily a worse deck than a meta deck....

A meta deck is an optimized deck taking into consideration the other meta decks!

An off meta deck might still be favoured against 20% of the meta decks, but if you take int account all decks you might hardly get that 50 % winrate
As the Lich King would say "Do you think I'll have mercy, for the likes of you"?
In casual I often concede when I have lethal if the opponent played something really fun and rarely seen (unless I need the win for something - the three gold you get isn't meaningful enough for me).
I only go tryhard if I'm ranking up. If I'm in low ladder just to farm gold, and my opponent has an offmeta deck, I stick to the code and never emote them. And I don't get sore over a possible defeat
Whenever I play casual it's to play with off meta decks, and you really really treasure the games when you finally queue in to someone else doing the same thing. Those always end up being the best games you have outside of playing with friends. Most recent experience that comes to mind is when I was playing Quest Paladin in casual and got matched against someone playing it aswell lol Was a real fun match and you could tell we both enjoyed it because we were constantly emoting at eachother! Was also neat to see the subtle little differences we had in our lists aswell.

But to answer the question, I'll generally try my best every game regardless of what deck I or my opponent is playing. Because I feel that's the right thing to do to show that I respect them as opponents.
01/28/2019 02:26 PMPosted by Theman

If it's an obvious quest deck, like a warrior spamming weapons, I'll avoid killing them with my board an pass turns til I figure they're done. I know they appreciate it because they say thanks when they concede.

I try and do the same. Always nice when someone plays along when you’re obviously not trying to win a game.