Do you think legend players need more respect from the community?

Play Mode Discussion
How else can we celebrate our great achievement as the 0.1% of game? I don't know exactly how to implement "respect" into the game but following are some suggestions:

When a legend player battles against a non-legend one:

- The only emote that non-legend player allowed to use is "Wow". He also cannot squelch his opponent.

- Every time a legend player kills a minion, his opponent's here will emote "I bow to your power".

- Even in the rare chance that non-legend player won the game, his portrait will also automatically explode. The win is still count for the winner but the exploding animation is necessary to confirm non-legend player is not at the same league as legend one.

How do you think? Any other creative ideas to give respect to us legend players?
All of that happening in reverse if that legend player got it with Jade Druid or Pirate Warrior :P
Are you alright, man?
Well, the only emote I'm permitted to use here is... Wow.
- Legend player can add friend non-legend players after the game without asking for consent. Non-legend player can remove friend later if he wants, but not in the first hour.
Hmmm, not bad, but you don't want "respect" to be accruing to people who got legend status one time in their lives with a Face Hunter deck and never again. Accordingly, there should be a "legend bar" in the UI that gets longer and thicker each season that a player is a legend, and that is subject to shrinkage as more seasons go by without once again achieving legend.

The side benefit is that the "legend bar" makes it visually clear just who deserves "respect" for the size of his "legend".

Do we know who is in charge of the UI team? I think this idea needs to be implemented immediately!
Electronic Arts: Pride and Accomplishment
How about just a big 'ol pat on the back? Seems like your head is a little inflated from your awesome digital status.

Is anyone else picturing Lord Farquad when you read that post?
he was legend once and thinks we should all bow to him lol
Nope. Legend just means you no life'd at least one season of Hearthstone play. You played hundreds of games when normal people play a few dozen. I mean, I respect the grind they went through, but I don't respect any kind of skill they think they have, unless they show me first hand over the course of a few matches.
01/15/2019 11:37 AMPosted by SuperCuddles
Legend just means you no life'd at least one season of Hearthstone play. You played hundreds of games when normal people play a few dozen

To be fair, this statement is widely exaggerated. I haven't been playing seriously this month (spent too much time for my new Switch) but still comfortable getting to legend.

Most of the climb (from rank 3 to legend) happened yesterday night while I did a Terminator movie marathon with my friends. So it doesn't take a lot of time and you don't even have to focus to get there.

OP was over-sensitive about his legend status, but the same thing can be said to many non-legend players; who say blatant lies just to down grade the legend card back (to hide their jealousy).
They should be treated with the same contempt as "OG" players in Fortnite.
01/15/2019 11:50 AMPosted by PUPU
To be fair, this statement is widely exaggerated. I haven't been playing seriously this month (spent too much time for my new Switch) but still comfortable getting to legend.

Most of the climb (from rank 3 to legend) happened yesterday night while I did a Terminator movie marathon with my friends. So it doesn't take a lot of time and you don't even have to focus to get there.
you can be legend every month by playing 21-50 games a month but most players just use time as an excuse for being rank 20, it's not new
Nope. All players should be respected the same.

But maybe... add a "boo emote" for the non-legendary players? I don't know...
I’d like to add a “get over yourself” emote to be used when playing against anyone who thinks OP has a point.
If you have to “ask” for respect, you haven’t earned it.
01/15/2019 11:00 AMPosted by PUPU
- Legend player can add friend non-legend players after the game without asking for consent. Non-legend player can remove friend later if he wants, but not in the first hour.

This is prety good.
Maybe also make it impossible to squelch legendary players. Or at least give legendare players a minimum of 3 emotes before he can be squelched.
Legendary players can still squelch other legendary players though,and also get a toggle option for auto squelch all non legendary players.
Legendary players will still need to be squelched manually.
I'm going to mark this thread as a troll with no life and not waste a single second of my time reading their crap.
Add a "Get a JOB!" emote for the non-legendary player.

I say this as a player who only hit legendary when he was between jobs :-P
How can I respect someone who plays solitaire game and plays insta-win cards? I mean, dude, give it a break. A chimp could play like that.

It is not about the achievements you made. It is about how you made them.

A lot will disagree, but I am not here to chase likes. The means are not justified by the goal, no matter is it life or a game.