What to do about uninteractive decks, like mechathun?

Play Mode Discussion
I just can’t do it...having fun playing against an opponent as c’thun rogue in wild, vs a handlockish thing...and after narrowly coming back..enemy plays mechathun and bloodbloom. Enemy has no cards in his deck and i concede, i lost to an empty board at 25 health. My will to play more hearthstone today has been ruined by a Terribly designed mechanic: “You win the game”.

Is there any word on how the devs will fix this? More than three quarters of my games are vs combo decks and it’s a problem. These combo decks are solitaire, nothing more. Once, i believe the hs devs prided themselves on being a minion combat based card game...oh boy were they LYING.

Anyways..i’d like to see mechathun pop up at the start of a match like baku and genn do, so i know that i can safely autoconcede.
01/19/2019 05:26 AMPosted by Tyani
enemy plays mechathun and bloodbloom. Enemy has no cards in his deck and i concede,

Your opponent had one card to play to finish his combo and win, and you denied him that?

Boo you.

Let your opponent have their money shot.
That's a rediculous attitude to have. Why stay when you're very clearly beaten. If anything, you're wasting both you and your opponent's time by staying around.

Also, it's quite humiliating having actually played the game for a long match...then get instakilled by an unfair combocard and showing you that you never even stood a chance. Bad gamedesign there, if a card like mechathun is able to defeat someone without them being able to interact with it.
01/19/2019 02:26 PMPosted by Tyani
That's a rediculous attitude to have. Why stay when you're very clearly beaten. If anything, you're wasting both you and your opponent's time by staying around.

Also, it's quite humiliating having actually played the game for a long match...then get instakilled by an unfair combocard and showing you that you never even stood a chance. Bad gamedesign there, if a card like mechathun is able to defeat someone without them being able to interact with it.

If you REALLY hate Mecha'thun in Standard there is a hard tech card against it in Hakkar.
I have a high 50% WR with Priest to r5 with the deck (and climbing this month as well with it) and last month someone hit legend with a Paladin version. I can tell you with the Priest version you'll essentially beat any Control deck without issue and Mecha'thun obviously:

### Hakkar's Vengeful Intent
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 1x (1) Awaken the Makers
# 2x (2) Dead Ringer
# 1x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (2) Plated Beetle
# 2x (2) Seance
# 2x (2) Shadow Visions
# 2x (3) Twilight's Call
# 2x (4) Duskbreaker
# 1x (4) Scaleworm
# 1x (4) Spiritsinger Umbra
# 2x (4) Twilight Drake
# 2x (5) Mass Hysteria
# 2x (5) Rotten Applebaum
# 2x (6) Bone Drake
# 1x (6) Coffin Crasher
# 1x (7) Archbishop Benedictus
# 1x (8) Primordial Drake
# 2x (9) Obsidian Statue
# 1x (10) Hakkar, the Soulflayer
#
AAECAa0GCPsBycIClsQCyccCic0CifEC3PUClooDC40I0cECx8sC5swCqeICy+YC6uYCxfMCof4Cl4cD5ogDAA==
There are literally tech cards against combo. Play dirty rat when your mechathun opponent has 1 or 2 cards left and laugh.

I dont like losing to mechathun either, but I like it less when I lose against big priest, mill rogue.. but I don't rage just because their wincon is different from mine.

You're salty because you THOUGHT you had the upper hand. Learn to recognize the decks you're playing against and you'll know what to expect from them.

Again, dirty rat.
As Lykotic said, HAKKAR!

There is nothing more satisfying than dropping a Hakkar when your opponent is playing a Mechathun deck.

Wipe the smug little "WELL PLAYED" from their faces as you drop it and they don't see it coming. VS a priest mechathun you want to wait until after they play Hemet, so that's a tad trickier. But Warlock is all the hot rage right now and they run no silence, just a bunch of draw draw draw.

Enjoy!
call it bad game design, like no games are fun anymore, they are all this really tense thing where you a winning and OOOPS no you're not!

everyone is either playing some aggro thing that kills you on turn 7 or a combo thing that kills you without being able to do anything about it!
To be fair, C'thun could also be considered an otk card. Especially with Blade of C'thun and/or Bronze beard.

Sounds like you were in a mirror match vs your robut Doppelganger! :P
What you are outlining does take usually at least twelve turns to pull off and you get a warning when your opponent plays the little mechs that reduce other mech costs. Thing to remember is to pressure their health, if they aren't on at least 5 hp then it wont work.
01/19/2019 05:49 PMPosted by Schyla
As Lykotic said, HAKKAR!

There is nothing more satisfying than dropping a Hakkar when your opponent is playing a Mechathun deck.

Or a much simpler solution: Zihi.

It needs only 1 card to completely stop Mecha'thun on it's track, and you don't even worry about how to kill Hakkar.
Why do cry babies come to this forum and want to nerf Hunter or Mech or some other card when they lose. Take your loss like a man. To get Mech to work, you need to lose all of your deck before dying. This is not easy and most of these decks have just 50% win rate. Trust me you are going to see more Hunter decks 1st. You will lose no matter what 50% of the time due to net decks anyway.
if you want it delt with, play cards that mess up the combo, play a warlock, your geist and gnomeferatu(i butchered that name) and other anti like cards
01/19/2019 05:49 PMPosted by Schyla
As Lykotic said, HAKKAR!

Wipe the smug little "WELL PLAYED" from their faces as you drop it and they don't see it coming. VS a priest mechathun you want to wait until after they play Hemet, so that's a tad trickier. But Warlock is all the hot rage right now and they run no silence, just a bunch of draw draw draw.

Enjoy!

My opponent a warlock had around 1 or 2 cards left in his deck before hakkars dr activated i had a really close match but it felt pretty good yeah :p