People with t1 decks in casual mode

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
Casual is a misnomer.

The mode is unranked, not "casual". It was named casual by Blizzard to trick people into thinking this is a casual friendly game and a casual friendly mode where people will not try to win in a game that in general rewards winning.

But there's no rule, no law, no reason that a person cannot bring a T1 deck into unranked mode. In fact there's plenty of reason to.

If you don't want to play ranked, if you want to get some quests done, if you feel like messing with some deck tech, if it's something you've never tried before and want practice, if you just feel like "pub stomping", or any other reason.
01/29/2019 01:50 AMPosted by Swampy
01/29/2019 12:50 AMPosted by FritzFrisbee
one solution might be a game-mode, where you get NO progress to your quests and NO gold whatsoever.

Another solution is for people to use the resources already available if they want a just for fun match or to bump out a quest, friends list, instead of introducing a mode no one will play or expecting ppl to live up to your 'standards' when playing in casual.

Sounds harsh, but it's true. I never struggle with the above coz I use my friends list liberally.

really funny, that people today cant even discuss properly. i just made a suggestion and you come up with "your 'standards'". wtf man.

and how do you know, that noone will play it? do you also know the numbers from next week's lottery for sure. grow up man.

that isn´t the first time this topic came up in the forums. your suggestion can be used, sure, but sometimes there are no friends online or they dont want to play or you are a new player, who just want to get into the game or ... complete the list ...
[/quote]

You sound real entitled. How does wanting to take the path of least resistance finishing my quests equate to having me "ego fondled"? And what on earth....deck you play in casual speaks to your personality?? It's a game mate, don't take it so seriously. Ranked has an in-built pressure that doesn't exist in casual and that is why most people go into the mode. It doesn't mean they want to win any less. And believe it or not people genuinely enjoy playing t1 decks (shocking ikr??). How is your enjoyment of the game any more important than theirs that you can claim an entire play mode?

PS: I happen to think I'm a lovely person tbh. Donate to charity and all that :D[/quote]

I am entitled. Entitled to my own opinion. And my opinion is you shouldn't be so focused on winning in a game where you WILL lose about half of the time. And pray tell what t1 decks are fun for you to play outside of casual.
You say ''it's just a game bro'' then talk about in-built pressure :D Consistency issues?

PS: So did Mussolini.
01/29/2019 11:18 PMPosted by KCTH

I am entitled. Entitled to my own opinion. And my opinion is you shouldn't be so focused on winning in a game where you WILL lose about half of the time. And pray tell what t1 decks are fun for you to play outside of casual.
You say ''it's just a game bro'' then talk about in-built pressure :D Consistency issues?

PS: So did Mussolini.

That is literally the point of "win with X class" quests - to focus on winning with X class. Just because YOU don't feel any pressure playing ranked doesn't mean it applies to everyone. In fact I'd bet most people can agree ranked definitely adds more pressure than casual, even if just a little. I never said I was some amazing player so not too sure why you're bringing up consistency. I'm Mr. Inconsistent. Sometimes I'll lose 4 games in a row, sometimes I'll jump 3 ranks in 10 games. I'll never reach legend, don't really have the time to play 100+ games a month. Hell I struggle just to get enough time for rank 5 each month.

Not too sure why you're comparing me to a dictator, is it cos of the decks I play? Currently I find deathrattle hunter and otk paladin pretty damn fun, along with a number of t2 and meme decks too. Is that not allowed? Sorry that my fun is different than your fun. Sounds a bit....dictator-y.
01/29/2019 11:16 PMPosted by FritzFrisbee
01/29/2019 01:50 AMPosted by Swampy

Another solution is for people to use the resources already available if they want a just for fun match or to bump out a quest, friends list, instead of introducing a mode no one will play or expecting ppl to live up to your 'standards' when playing in casual.

Sounds harsh, but it's true. I never struggle with the above coz I use my friends list liberally.

really funny, that people today cant even discuss properly. i just made a suggestion and you come up with "your 'standards'". wtf man.

and how do you know, that noone will play it? do you also know the numbers from next week's lottery for sure. grow up man.

that isn´t the first time this topic came up in the forums. your suggestion can be used, sure, but sometimes there are no friends online or they dont want to play or you are a new player, who just want to get into the game or ... complete the list ...

On the infrequent occasions I take tiered decks into casual I'm doing it to piss ppl off. Not for the rewards, not to complete quests, simply cos I'm in a bad mood and want to annoy my opponent's. You think this hypothetical no reward mode would be a safe haven for fun decks? You are mistaken.
01/27/2019 03:33 PMPosted by shozis
Other possible reasons:
- practicing your deck before going into Ranked mode
- afraid to lose stars in Ranked
- Ranked anxiety
most of the players who play t1 decks in casual aren't in the top 100, they can't even reach the dumpster, they have nothing to lose...how can there be anxiety?
[/quote]

Because this anxiety is not connected to loss/gain, but to the fact that you feel you are playing more serious and competitive mode - by your own perception of course.
F****** hate t1 decks in casual. Either they are some stupid bots farming gold with aggro decks or just some players who got no balls to go to ranked. I know it would punish us players if they removed gold from casual, but I would prefer it that way. I just want to play fun meme decks n stuff. And that you get matched with ppl of similar winrate is bs imo, I lost over 20 matches in a row and still face those t1 !@#$decks.
If you want to get your daily 100g from 3 wins quickly, i have an amazing tip.

Que up against filthy casuals in casual, they usually play a slow deck and you can roflstomp them with a tier 1 aggro decks, went from 0g to 100g within 5 hours!
At least Swampy and the odd other have been honest or sarcastic enough for it not to matter. Some others though come over like the infamous burglar up in front of the beak for the umpteenth time claiming he was just doing a bit of tidying up. Just carry on with your poor behavior, don't try to justify it, that's a bit wet.

And then there's the outraged youcan'ttellmewhattodoists who somebody at an earlier stage in their life should have told them what to do to not be so silly , it might have helped the species by a small but significant amount. Ahhh, humanity!

My way sub-optimal AE Rogue just beat two Hunters on the bounce on ranked so I will keep doing what I am doing and let the wussies rule (ruin?) casual.
What's up with this hostility towards t1 decks in Casual? I would say this is just as unreasonable as complaining about people netdecking, roping, etc. Some people might get annoyed, but that's a you problem, not other's. Don't try to restrict other's action with your Standard (when their action is not against the rules).

And no, I don't bring t1 decks to Casual. I rarely netdeck to begin with.
01/29/2019 12:44 AMPosted by KCTH
Winning should not be a priority in casual, fun should - trying out new interactions, using cards you don't normally use in ranked, trying hard-to-pull-off combos or RNG fests that leave you cackling.
It doesn't matter if you win in casual other than 10 gold every 3 games and if you REALLY can't complete your quests on ladder just take a minute and throw together a janky deck and go casual or wait a day
exactly but I think that guy was trolling, how can he struggle to get wins at rank 20 wtf
01/29/2019 12:50 AMPosted by FritzFrisbee
one solution might be a game-mode, where you get NO progress to your quests and NO gold whatsoever.
it would be sweet
01/29/2019 11:19 AMPosted by Underman
Of course.
I'm rank 5 and I currently play Espionnage Rogue (and I don't even have all the "good" rogues card like Valeera or Vilespine).
I said decent rank
01/29/2019 05:56 PMPosted by Flyingmoo
Ranked has an in-built pressure that doesn't exist in casual and that is why most people go into the mode.
pressure at high ranks against pro players, sure but most of the people playing T1 decks in casual aren't even in the dumpster
01/29/2019 11:16 PMPosted by FritzFrisbee
but sometimes there are no friends online or they dont want to play or you are a new player, who just want to get into the game or ... complete the list ...
exactly
01/30/2019 03:16 AMPosted by Jsnep7
Que up against filthy casuals in casual, they usually play a slow deck and you can roflstomp them with a tier 1 aggro decks, went from 0g to 100g within 5 hours!
any work gets you 20ishpacks within 5 hours....
T1 decks in casual? Again? They might as well complete their "win X games with one class or another" quests in Ranked. Being T1 decks, they'd win anyway

I always complete my quests in ranked Standard, I never cross the line beyond rank 15 so there ain't that much to lose, right?
Best advice is either play Brawl or Arena. Otherwise you are just going to keep facing T1 decks in casual. Honestly they should just remove the mode completely it's useless for the most part.

If you really want to try some home brew decks play games with friends.
wow, your advice is to give them reason, they're right to play t1 decks in casual mode and fun/quest decks should be win traded with alt account/friends, just wow
just to point out that a lot of people just THINK they face t1 decks.

i've made, and play for laughs, a paladin tiger deck.

so far, within the last 2 days that i made the deck, i had 4 odd warriors concede by turn 2-3 when they see the loot hoarders....

obviously they think that it's some kind of OTK or something like that, but it's still funny to see it happen consistently.
Yeah 9 games today in casual for the daily. Most against tier 1 decks.

Game 8 was vs Control Priest

turn 10 arrived and nothing I could fo about it throughout the game

2 from Andy
5 from psychic
2 from Andy
5 from psychic
and 7 from Roaster.

GG

Next match even Shaman...
Nothing like Double Knife Jugglers early game
https://imgur.com/a/I6HxcaJ

ah yes.
we all know how this pattern goes.
https://imgur.com/a/QHLltXe
1 - 8 today. Very exciting and fun time just trying to get 60 gold.
Hello,

From my experience with casual mode : Keep losing and you'll get to that magic MMR range where you'll find like minded people playing meme decks or playing T1 decks rather poorly, i guess. From my experience at least, I never had to lose more than 5 games in a row with a meme deck before starting to queue into other meme decks in casual. I find MMR in a casual rather volatile, after doing sessions of memeing, winning 5 games or so in a row gets me again to meta T1-T2 decks, and winning even more rapidly gets me to rank 5 territory in casual. i've only ever achieved rank 4 in my year playing HS, but I think I can recognizze the level of play I get when on ranks 4-6.
TLDR : lose some games, you'll end up playing against meme decks, MMR is really volatile in casual.
02/04/2019 01:54 PMPosted by Shroud
just to point out that a lot of people just THINK they face t1 decks.
we're not rank 20 like you, we can tell what's t1 or not
02/04/2019 02:15 PMPosted by Achway
From my experience with casual mode : Keep losing and you'll get to that magic MMR range where you'll find like minded people playing meme decks or playing T1 decks rather poorly, i guess.
if you have to keep losing before you can play then something is wrong
MMR will make you go 50/50. If you continue switching to powerful decks, then yes, you'll have to lose some games to have a chance with meme decks. Playing only meme decks, you won't have to lose games only to have fun.
And as of telling if a deck is T1 or not, you can't say so unless you see the majority of the deck, which is pretty rare concerning fast decks like hunters in the actual meta. They may miss some parts of the deck which hurts their consistency and disqualifies them from the T1 (for example, playing spell hunter without one the hero cards, you would never know if the game ends before they DK, or if they DK into your control deck if forced before the Zuljin they potentially do not have, or a paladin OTK without Kangor).