Fun spell shaman, help me improve it

Play Mode Discussion
Hey there,

I'm always toying around with underused cards and unknown archetypes, I haven,t seen anything close to that, a spell shaman deck. It uses Eureka to pull Malygos on board and finish with 1 mana spells to do exactly 30 dmg (with 10 mana). The deck also has an alternate win condition in Electra + bloodlust if you happen to have a board. Comments and suggestions are apreciated. Thanks.

### Malygos Shaman
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (0) Zap!
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 2x (1) Lightning Bolt
# 2x (1) Totemic Smash
# 2x (2) Crushing Hand
# 2x (2) Elementary Reaction
# 2x (2) Likkim
# 2x (2) Menacing Nimbus
# 1x (3) Electra Stormsurge
# 2x (3) Feral Spirit
# 2x (3) Lightning Storm
# 2x (3) Spirit of the Frog
# 1x (3) Zentimo
# 2x (4) Hex
# 1x (5) Bloodlust
# 1x (5) Volcano
# 1x (6) Eureka!
# 1x (9) Malygos
#
AAECAfWfAwa0A5MJx8ECmfsCn/0Cy4UDDO4B+QP1BP4F68ICutIC9vACs/cCm/8CioADjIUD9ooDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Please, instead of responding to the plethora of whinging posts let's just have constructive discussions about how to make Shaman great again in this meta. BTW, this deck sits at 60% win rate and is strong vs hunters.
I don't like bloodlust.

I like thalnos so you can consistently storm hunter spellstones and the cantrip

I don't like totemic smash either ( if you use it as an extra 1 mana spell for spirit of the frog i like earth shock more since you save bolts for maly)

Some of the things i would try first.
Bloodlust is a very needed win condition for this deck, gave me many wins at turn 8 combined with Electra. You have to get nut draws though, keeping your board alive and all that. Usually, this deck has board control throughout the entire games, unless you fight odd paladins that trade into your tokens. You remove their board with your spells so your minions don't have to trade during your turn.

Totemic smash is an integral part of the combo finisher. You need Eureka, 2x lighting bolt, 2x Totemic smash, Malygos in hand and 10 mana, to do 30 dmg. If there was another 1 or 2 mana face dmg spell I could use I'd replace it though. Earth shock would be a valid swap for something else but it isn't needed that much since I already have 2x Hex.

Thanks for the reply though. Thalnos is a good inclusion to buff removals so I'll try it.
There are lot of streamers who tried this archetype at the start of the expansion and/or in boomsday. Just search on youtube for Malygos Shaman or Eureka Shaman to give you some idea/experience for your deck. They surely didn't stick to this archetype for too long, but maybe you can do something with it, who knows.
01/11/2019 12:11 PMPosted by Gannicus
There are lot of streamers who tried this archetype at the start of the expansion and/or in boomsday. Just search on youtube for Malygos Shaman or Eureka Shaman to give you some idea/experience for your deck. They surely didn't stick to this archetype for too long, but maybe you can do something with it, who knows.

Thanks, I'll look into it. Gotta say I checked on hsreplay first before posting here, to see if this archetype was viable and I didn't see anything close to it, but my record is 23-18 ATM at r10 so it ain't too bad ... I beat 3 out of 4 hunters, and 3 out of 5 paladins. Druid and warrior are counters 'cause they can stack armor like crazy.
01/11/2019 11:50 AMPosted by Whoopya
Bloodlust is a very needed win condition for this deck, gave me many wins at turn 8 combined with Electra. You have to get nut draws though, keeping your board alive and all that.

I m not a fun of multiple win conditions instead of improving the consistency of your main combo especially if it depends on two cards that are both 1 of in your deck and board presence your deck isn't build to support. Plus saving electra for it instead of using it for elementary reaction or something seems iffy. I am a fun of maximizing draw in combo decks.

There is a blindspot in deckbuilding in such situations. You see the wins the combo might pull off once in a blue moon and it makes you become a bit result oriented , but you cannot really see the times that bloodlust being something else like a far sight or thalnos would actually improve your overall winrate.

But that's just me.
01/11/2019 01:06 PMPosted by SlashSarcasm
01/11/2019 11:50 AMPosted by Whoopya
Bloodlust is a very needed win condition for this deck, gave me many wins at turn 8 combined with Electra. You have to get nut draws though, keeping your board alive and all that.

I m not a fun of multiple win conditions instead of improving the consistency of your main combo especially if it depends on two cards that are both 1 of in your deck and board presence your deck isn't build to support. Plus saving electra for it instead of using it for elementary reaction or something seems iffy. I am a fun of maximizing draw in combo decks.

There is a blindspot in deckbuilding in such situations. You see the wins the combo might pull off once in a blue moon and it makes you become a bit result oriented , but you cannot really see the times that bloodlust being something else like a far sight or thalnos would actually improve your overall winrate.

But that's just me.

Thanks for the input, I'll take that into consideration. Having said that, bloodlust just won me another game. Some people don't clear totems and tokens and that can really mess them up.
Krag'wa. Needs more Krag'wa. Play those fun spells twice! I've been experimenting with a similar deck with Zentimo and Unstable Evolution, ~50% WR but a hell of a lot of fun to play. Drop 4-5 Unstable Evolutions, play Krag'wa next turn, get 4-5 more copies in your hand.
Krag'wa is definitely a good pick in that kind of deck as it allows you to use combo pieces if needed get them back.

Other than that, I'd just mention that I've seen some people use a similar deck and include Spellzerkers + Beakered Lightning as an alternative way to get massive spellpower. I'd probably use that instead of Crushing Hands and Bloodlust, not a big fan of those.
Thunderhead looks very good in this deck.
Healing rain and far sight are also great choices!
Thumbs up to OP for trying something off meta. The problem with spell Shaman IMO is the lack of card draw.

Personally I have been playing on and off a midrange shaman since the new expansion only with subpar results.

My win condition is either bloodlust or Alex + Electra + lava burst. The idea is to have Alex followed by Electra + double lava burst. It’s definitely one of the most fun decks I tried since the new expansion.
Thanks all for the responses.

As SlashSarcasm said, I changed the deck a bit to be a more consistent combo deck by adding card draws and removing bloodlust. It seems to work much better, in games where the oponent removes all my tokens each and every turns. Overall, it has improved the deck, in the few games I played this WE. On the other hand, having bloodlust was good vs Druids specifically, since they lack board clears.

So, I've added far sights and removed some other spells, I'll test these changes today and post my results.

Cheers !
After a dozen matches only losses have been vs druid and warrior, as predicted. This deck is insanely efficient to control the early game and mid game, the draw is near perfect, the only thing that's bugging me is that when I have all combo pieces ready I often still have to play extra minions that are in my hand and that sucks. Other than that, funzies and spell shaman pwnage.

Spells I added are frost shock (to cycle to 2 mana spells since I can't use the other 1 mana spells), earthen might to buff my elementals to maintain board control / trade, removed bloodlust and crushing hands, removed feral spirits and added Far sights.

I now use Electra with Far sight / Elementary reaction to get combo pieces faster.

### Malygos Shaman
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (0) Zap!
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 2x (1) Frost Shock
# 2x (1) Lightning Bolt
# 2x (1) Totemic Smash
# 1x (2) Earthen Might
# 2x (2) Elementary Reaction
# 2x (2) Likkim
# 2x (2) Menacing Nimbus
# 1x (3) Electra Stormsurge
# 2x (3) Far Sight
# 2x (3) Lightning Storm
# 2x (3) Spirit of the Frog
# 1x (3) Zentimo
# 2x (4) Hex
# 1x (5) Volcano
# 1x (6) Eureka!
# 1x (9) Malygos
#
AAECAfWfAwa0A8fBArDwApn7Ap/9AsuFAwz5A/UE/gWyBssH68IC9vACs/cCm/8CioADjIUD9ooDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Thanks for the feedback guys, always apreciated.