Team 5 on the current state of meta interview. Thoughts?

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
I can't say what I'm thinking because I'll get banned so I will just say that this interview doesn't give me hope for the future and instead makes me not want to play anymore.
SO i guess its ok for a hero to completely dominate the meta for some time as long as it has 4 viable archtypes. Ands its funny he mentions animal companion and kill command in every game and that can start to feel repetitive.
Like turn 4 Barnes druid demands an answer come rotation time.Hopefully it turns out well.The Druid nerfs were on the table for a long time so the way to balance the class correctly should have been on the table for quite some time. Ultimately.....:p...we will have to wait on rotation.
I totally agree with the sentiment expressed by many in this thread.

I'm still mad about the last round of nerfs, the timing, the over-night implementation, Saronite chain gang, how it affected my favourite deck (handbuff pally) and the fact that when they talk about it, they only mention Shudderwock, like if no other archetype used that card.

The Barnes & big priest thing... meh, I won't even bother commenting.
Genn & Baku... Don't like to use them, don't like to play against them...
OTK.. same.

So it might be time to leave for me as well.
Me take a break for some days. Seeing this, me take another break.

The myth is confirmed: team 5 doesn't play their game to know the meta, their answer in interview was always slower than what was happening.

And Big Priest is ok! Alright then, see you later.
Hey, o'mighty Great Thinking Devs,

how about a good cup of "Fix those f***ing Hunters with another instant Patch?"

Kthanks.

(It's sunday night; I don't even care).
I'm leaning towards thinking that hunters did not get any nerfs because new released cards from RR were used in those decks.
Whereas the nerfed classes/decks rarely did and didn't really have to use cards from the new expansion.

1. pre-nerf Shudderwock, Odd paladin, all druid decks -- one thing that they have in common is that had little or no change in their decklists with RR.
Whereas the big 4 hunter decks all use new cards from the set in one way or another.
So idk, not so much of a player-first, gameplay-first but more because initial sales of the new xpac didn't meet up to your standards devs?
and your response to this unchanging meta was to nerf cards with no warning or notice? complete disregard for plenty of people who disenchanted-spent dust to craft certain decks...

2. Druids
Never really understood the druid nerfs this time around. Don't agree with it one bit either.
It wasn't the ramping that made druids unbearable, but the other class cards in the druid set providing card draw (no punish for ramp) that was problematic.
The classic druid cards should have been left untouched imo. It was a core part of their class identity that they had for a while, and druids were manageable up until the release of KOTF and UI.

3. Hunters
As mentioned earlier, it feelings like Blizz left these classes untouched because cards from the new set were being used.
Reading the interview and what he said about hunters, idk. Do the devs even play the game? All 4 hunter decks have insanely high win rates, with hunters also representing a high percentage of the ladder. Is this not a problem at all?

-why not nerf spellstone - into something like stone upgrades upon secret activation, not per cast? classes have to set the secrets off one way or another ultimately. Currently, it feels like unless you are priest or warrior, turn 5 is almost auto lose.
-why not nerf rexxar? additional beast pool makes this card even more frustrating to play against + Infinite value/ card generating cards like rexxar isn't even that great for the game.

I hope in the future when you wish to change up the meta, make the new mechanics/key cards OP. Then people will start playing new cards from the set.
It would have been more interesting to see buffs to class loa's, spirit cards and seeing the many decks that people build around these cards.
Don't nerf cards and decks arbitrarily realizing you guys messed up.
01/25/2019 11:51 AMPosted by MoarRNGplz
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/01/25/hearthstones-dean-ayala-on-the-early-nerfs-and-the-rise-of-hunter

From what i gather, he is actually pleased as a peach with the current meta and OTK decks. He said they like to really change up the feel of the game so it stays fresh. I understand this, but I really don't like being OTK'd withe a solitaire game and then have mecha drop. I also don't like hunter RNG me to death while rushing my face with overly synergistic cards that other classes don't have access to. Hunter now has the most efficient and best draw in the game. Pretty disgusting.

Going outside and being railed in the nuts by a clown is different, but is it really good?

Sounds like nothing he said is really going to pull me back in or get me to invest any more money into this game. Maybe i'm just fatigued over the years and this is the best meta ever.
I'm not putting another penny in this game until they fix the power of cheating out fatties and otk decks.
01/26/2019 06:35 PMPosted by Bell
Me take a break for some days. Seeing this, me take another break.

The myth is confirmed: team 5 doesn't play their game to know the meta, their answer in interview was always slower than what was happening.

And Big Priest is ok! Alright then, see you later.

Exactly this. They said the same thing about druid and realized they were wrong. Took a year to nerf patches. Looks like I'm taking a few months off again....
01/28/2019 05:16 AMPosted by Naby
I'm leaning towards thinking that hunters did not get any nerfs because new released cards from RR were used in those decks.
Whereas the nerfed classes/decks rarely did and didn't really have to use cards from the new expansion.

1. pre-nerf Shudderwock, Odd paladin, all druid decks -- one thing that they have in common is that had little or no change in their decklists with RR.
Whereas the big 4 hunter decks all use new cards from the set in one way or another.
So idk, not so much of a player-first, gameplay-first but more because initial sales of the new xpac didn't meet up to your standards devs?
and your response to this unchanging meta was to nerf cards with no warning or notice? complete disregard for plenty of people who disenchanted-spent dust to craft certain decks...

2. Druids
Never really understood the druid nerfs this time around. Don't agree with it one bit either.
It wasn't the ramping that made druids unbearable, but the other class cards in the druid set providing card draw (no punish for ramp) that was problematic.
The classic druid cards should have been left untouched imo. It was a core part of their class identity that they had for a while, and druids were manageable up until the release of KOTF and UI.

3. Hunters
As mentioned earlier, it feelings like Blizz left these classes untouched because cards from the new set were being used.
Reading the interview and what he said about hunters, idk. Do the devs even play the game? All 4 hunter decks have insanely high win rates, with hunters also representing a high percentage of the ladder. Is this not a problem at all?

-why not nerf spellstone - into something like stone upgrades upon secret activation, not per cast? classes have to set the secrets off one way or another ultimately. Currently, it feels like unless you are priest or warrior, turn 5 is almost auto lose.
-why not nerf rexxar? additional beast pool makes this card even more frustrating to play against + Infinite value/ card generating cards like rexxar isn't even that great for the game.

I hope in the future when you wish to change up the meta, make the new mechanics/key cards OP. Then people will start playing new cards from the set.
It would have been more interesting to see buffs to class loa's, spirit cards and seeing the many decks that people build around these cards.
Don't nerf cards and decks arbitrarily realizing you guys messed up.

Yes that's why they killed kingsbane,it did use expensive cards from older sets.
same for shudderwock deck which wasn't even that old and wich is slower then the new combo decks. Still had to be butchered,people have to use the new cards every expansion.
That's why these nerfs are very worry some for the future. Its a new design philosophy which is very different from the way blizzard used to nerf cards.
Craft your op flavor of the 4 months deck and then nerf it after 4 months by changing some cheap support cards to make room for the next flavor of the expansion deck.
Hs has gotten a lot more expensive this year because of this,you can not use your old cards anymore,not even to some degree as a semi competitive deck. Even that was to much to ask for.
The cards and decks had to be killed 100% to force everyone into playing the new cards or have a very miserable experience.
I happily did spend 120 on boomsday (~300 total on this game,which is more then I have spend on all other games combined lol) but after these nerfs I am reasonably sure I never will spend again. The game is going downhill to fast. Forum trolls already saying "who cares,there is rotation soon. next time will be good again" ya no it wont lol. and what is 1 good expansion if it gets surrounded by 2 bad ones and several nerfs which kill everything that you have collected over the years? no thanks

I am also still mad about these nerfs and the way blizzard did handle it,their motivation and justification for doing so. I never really did ask for any nerfs in over 3-4 years,with the exception of patches. I never complained about balance and I didn't complain about previous nerfs either.
But the last nerfs they where horrible and yes I am still mad about that.
01/28/2019 05:16 AMPosted by Naby
why not nerf rexxar?

are you sure rexxar is the card carrying all the hunter decks ?

going by some posts ive read here the cards doing this are the spellstone and master call
IGN: In a broad sense, how happy are you guys with the post-nerf meta?

Dean Ayala: Pretty happy, I would say. The popularity and power level of Hunter is pretty high right now, so that’s something that we’re keeping a pretty close eye on.

Translation: "We know hunter is broken AF, but we're selling so many Zul'jin cards, and money is more important than game balance"
01/28/2019 08:12 AMPosted by Kinakino
IGN: In a broad sense, how happy are you guys with the post-nerf meta?

Dean Ayala: Pretty happy, I would say. The popularity and power level of Hunter is pretty high right now, so that’s something that we’re keeping a pretty close eye on.

Translation: "We know hunter is broken AF, but we're selling so many Zul'jin cards, and money is more important than game balance"

checked the store zuljin isnt in it
01/28/2019 08:12 AMPosted by Kinakino

Try again. Sooner or later you will find him.

yes, you get it through loot box gambling

hope that helps retard
01/28/2019 08:16 AMPosted by Kinakino

hope that helps retard

what?
you never disenchant stuff ?

i can craft it anytime i just by disenchanting some epics i dont use including the golden star aligner and the cauldrom we got not long ago

and probably have a lot of dust just on golden common duplicates

hope that helps retard

what?

Is there any post you make where you aren't roleplaying a retard.
It's just corporate talk. They say this every time to lie about the artificial way they balance the game to sell packs. Then after they expansion or to, when those packs sales have topped off they nerf those said balanced decks that they deem 'fine' now. But not the actual problematic legendary cards.
01/28/2019 08:44 AMPosted by Kinakino
what?

Is there any post you make where you aren't roleplaying a retard.

nah
dont worry thats your job and i wont try to take it from you
The part with Big Priest and why Barnes and that deck arent being nerfed is bullsh*t.