Why have you guys/girls started playing less/more over the last year?

Play Mode Discussion
I'm just curious into why you might have started engaging with this game less or more over the last year. I'm wondering this because of the survey they put out about hearthstone.

This doesn't include reasons like job or more family time, but rather, changes to the game that either engaged or disengaged you.

I started playing less due to more meta polarization, increased prevalence of OTK decks, and a pretty soul crushing monetization model. I enjoy deck diversity and to play more than one deck and felt that by spending 200 bucks a year, I was not getting the value out of packs.

How bout you?
I wasn't personally having fun anymore.

I'd log onto Hearthstone, play a few games and eventually feel tilted and log off feeling unsatisfied. Occasionally I'd have fun games, but then I'd hit a string where one player gets blown out the water and the other has an overwhelming win, repeat a bunch of times and end up on a long futile "search" for that fun game and the good feeling of a close, well played match.

In the end, I simply moved onto other games. Why stick to something you don't enjoy?
Still having a blast!!!

In WILD.

Reason: lots of diversity at rank 5 to legend.
Well, for a long time I would play just enough ranked games to finish quests, but ever since they changed all the quests to make them faster to complete, I have gone back to playing ranked games even if I don't need them for quests =)
01/10/2019 04:44 PMPosted by Delfunk
Still having a blast!!!

In WILD.

Hear hear !!!

rank 5 having various wacky stuff. its because some competitive player want to fool around with good quality homebrew in highly competitive environment.

If you like much more wacky stuffs, go to low rank wild and you will see tons of weird awesome stuff. Some of them gonna pick your interest.

Im no longer ranking up anymore. All golden heroes and legend card back, I have no more desire to rank up. its just golden epic a month anyway. I have golden whizbang so I can try new stuff without spending gold. Also, focusing on wild so my gold spending are really low lately.

Not really has anything to do with metagame situation. I have go thru patron warrior and secret paladin apocalypse. I have seen saturated meta and still managed to adapt and ranking up at that time.

Better allocate my time for fun stuff in low rank wild, other game, watch movies/series, or something else. Depending on my mood.
Playing less because the Druid and saronite nerfs.
I only start tracking my games recently but I guess I am playing lesser. (I think I play more when I am casual)
So, I found the expansions this year to be fun and exciting... but, the expansions from last year are just so much stronger. The quality of the new expansions has kept me around, but the old stuff keeps me from playing as much as I'd like.
The rise of uninteractable combo decks like mechathun-Anything, the lack of creative decks on the ladder..(homebrewing being nigh impossible to make work)

In standard its hunter hunter hunter combo combo...my most detested decktypes: aggro and combo. And i’m not even a control player :/

In wild its: combo combo warlock combo warlock warlock warlock combo warlock faceshaman warlock combo combo..what a crappy unfun meta :/
I'm playing less. The balance sucks, games arent fun, the ladder is an endless grind that makes the whole experience seem meaningless.... Take your pick.

Overall, they need to decide if this is going to be a competitive experience or a casual one and commit, because hovering really sucks
01/10/2019 02:08 PMPosted by MoarRNGplz
This doesn't include reasons like job or more family time, but rather, changes to the game that either engaged or disengaged you

why not? my real life commitments dictate how much time i can spend on the game, and has for 3-4 years now. some month i can play 400 games, other months i might get 100 if im lucky. my activity hasnt changed overall due to reasons other than my irl commitments, so that is the only fair answer i can give - real life dictates how much i play.

not saying the game is perfect by any stretch, but ruling out irl commitments as a reason is only going to yield biased results in your little survey.
Quick answer: cube lock and taunt druid in WW

I'm getting tired how devs want to destroy traditional control decks and started printing annoying and mana cheating cards like Jade Idol, The Caverns Below, Carnivorous Cube, Machine Gun Priest, etc.

Odd Warrior seems like a fun deck I want to play but I don't want to sacrifice my mental health playing daily just to farm an extra gold so I can buy more 40 dust packs.
Because people tend to play the same old 8 decks. If there were monthly balance updates this game would feel a lot more fresh.
01/10/2019 04:39 PMPosted by DarkSeph
I wasn't personally having fun anymore.

I'd log onto Hearthstone, play a few games and eventually feel tilted and log off feeling unsatisfied. Occasionally I'd have fun games, but then I'd hit a string where one player gets blown out the water and the other has an overwhelming win, repeat a bunch of times and end up on a long futile "search" for that fun game and the good feeling of a close, well played match.

In the end, I simply moved onto other games. Why stick to something you don't enjoy?

This! The other day I did 2-3 games for daily. In just those few games I ended up leaving tilted.

At this point im doing the bare minimum to store gold in hopes that things get better after the standard rotation. I honestly don't know if Blizzard even cares though. It could be the bare minimum of daily participation from quests is all they need to make their dollars
Just dissatisfied with how year of the Raven was so meh. So few of the cards are in the meta because they cannot compete with the powerlevel of the cards from 2 years ago. I am so tired of DKs and cubes and Deathrattles.
I have been playing more actually.
Its mainly to do with the solo adventure content.

I love just hopping in and seeing how far I'll go with random deck with zany op cards.
I'm still hombrewing some decks to beat the old heroics as well.

Its to bad you cant complete quests that way.
01/10/2019 04:44 PMPosted by Delfunk
Still having a blast!!!

In WILD.

Shadowstep + Light Rogue, Wild Big Priest....Death Knight revolving big-3....Baku for aggro…

I think wild hearthstone right now is one of the most undiverse, unfun experiences around. It's all borrowed up metadecks or built up metadecks. Same synergies, same classes. It's super predictable and that's zero fun.

But if you think that's actually fresh and not-seen, go you!
Less free time, playing more HOTS (while the toy event lasts) and generally having reached my goal (9 golden heroes and legend cardback).

I'm playing pretty casually at the moment, so I don't need to grind several games per day like I did when I was still chasing those 4500 ranked wins
Fatigue, pure and simple.

Still like the game, I just get tired of it a lot quicker in a day session.
I've basically stopped playing since the December changes.

The meta is boring and I don't want to spend a ton of dust crafting a fun deck only for half of it to rotate in a few months.