Priest need to be nerf...

Play Mode Discussion
Is it me or any unskill player can win with the priest class no matter how bad they play?
Why would they have 4 spells that can actually clear the board...and 2 spells that can silence every enemy minions? What the hell is this?

Are they planning to do something about the brainless Scream? Or the Hysteria?
01/23/2019 07:13 PMPosted by DeimøS
Are they planning to do something about the brainless Scream?

Since it is rotating I doubt it and in Wild it is obviously still good but probably isn't above powercurve there

01/23/2019 07:13 PMPosted by DeimøS
Or the Hysteria?

Not sure how Hysteria is brainless as it rewards you for manipulating the board into guaranteed wipes or can allow you to manipulate odds of a wipe some.
Brainless is pressing your hero power every turn and going face. Not that Priest--or any deck in Hearthstone--requires all that much thought.
Sounds like you mean control not priest. Almost every class can do this, exept almost every class can actually use their general cards without getting obliterated. Priest needs a buff more than anything.
Brainless - verb, whatever the other guy is doing...

Did I get it right?
in Wild it is obviously still good but probably isn't above powercurve there

I'm guessing you don't play wild. Big priest really hurts diversity in Wild. It's super popular because it's easy to play and has great matchups against a large variety of decks. You either need to be able to kill super fast like odd rogue before they can get a lucky pull, or you need to be able to out-value the priest. Only odd warrior and cubelock seem to be able to do this with any amount of consistency. So, you have three bad matchups, and of those three, only two are common. This makes it one of the best decks to rank up with.

Basically in any other matchup, it comes down to feeling like you're not playing the same game. Priest has recurring, hard to deal with threats. And these are must-answer threats too. You can't continue with your minion based gameplan if you leave an obsidian statue up. As a control player, you can't allow that emperor, lich king, or y'shaarj continue to outvalue you. It's often extremely costly to deal with these minions, and if this minion is returned to the board with a resurrect spell, it's often devastating and impossible to comeback from.

I'm just talking about the "fair" things res priest does too. You then have turn 4 barnes pulling out a 1/1 Y'shaarj and another 10/10 Y'shaarj. Even if you can wipe the board, their 2 mana ressurect now has a 2/3 chance of returning a 10/10 Y'shaarj. There are other obscene dreams that this deck can achieve. But even without them, you can still easily win more than you lose.

The burden of dealing with these recurring threats means that only a couple of classes have what is necessary to deal with the priest. It certainly doesn't help that mage archetypes have essentially been removed from Wild. One of the only classes with a good tool against priest is virtually unplayable.

Something has to change for wild to survive. While resurrect is a flavorful mechanic, it's just not in line with what other classes have. As an aggro deck, you just can't pay multiple minions and give your opponent a ton of health back to kill an obsidian statue, to then have to do it again the next turn, and the next. Control decks just don't have the amount of board wipes and removal along with the velocity to deal with cheap and powerful threats once you're stuck in a loop of lich kings and y'shaarj.

Please Blizzard! Give every class a polymorph effect, or reevaluate what this mechanic is doing to the game. Wild is in trouble.
Wild mode is just turning into non stop board clears and if you don't have a way to draw multiple cards than you are screwed.. Fun times -__-
01/24/2019 09:59 AMPosted by MidasTouch
in Wild it is obviously still good but probably isn't above powercurve there

I'm guessing you don't play wild. Big priest really hurts diversity in Wild. It's super popular because it's easy to play and has great matchups against a large variety of decks. You either need to be able to kill super fast like odd rogue before they can get a lucky pull, or you need to be able to out-value the priest. Only odd warrior and cubelock seem to be able to do this with any amount of consistency. So, you have three bad matchups, and of those three, only two are common. This makes it one of the best decks to rank up with.

Basically in any other matchup, it comes down to feeling like you're not playing the same game. Priest has recurring, hard to deal with threats. And these are must-answer threats too. You can't continue with your minion based gameplan if you leave an obsidian statue up. As a control player, you can't allow that emperor, lich king, or y'shaarj continue to outvalue you. It's often extremely costly to deal with these minions, and if this minion is returned to the board with a resurrect spell, it's often devastating and impossible to comeback from.

I'm just talking about the "fair" things res priest does too. You then have turn 4 barnes pulling out a 1/1 Y'shaarj and another 10/10 Y'shaarj. Even if you can wipe the board, their 2 mana ressurect now has a 2/3 chance of returning a 10/10 Y'shaarj. There are other obscene dreams that this deck can achieve. But even without them, you can still easily win more than you lose.

The burden of dealing with these recurring threats means that only a couple of classes have what is necessary to deal with the priest. It certainly doesn't help that mage archetypes have essentially been removed from Wild. One of the only classes with a good tool against priest is virtually unplayable.

Something has to change for wild to survive. While resurrect is a flavorful mechanic, it's just not in line with what other classes have. As an aggro deck, you just can't pay multiple minions and give your opponent a ton of health back to kill an obsidian statue, to then have to do it again the next turn, and the next. Control decks just don't have the amount of board wipes and removal along with the velocity to deal with cheap and powerful threats once you're stuck in a loop of lich kings and y'shaarj.

Please Blizzard! Give every class a polymorph effect, or reevaluate what this mechanic is doing to the game. Wild is in trouble.

I play a lot of Wild. Give me Big Priest over Handlock and Even Shaman every day. Also I don't feel the huge power issue with Big Priest is Psychic Scream as, to be honest, the deck really doesn't care about DR minions. Any good AoE clear (and Priest has many) is great for the deck as it goves it time to recover from bad hands.

Edit: Yes, I'd nerf Barnes to either make 1/1 resurrects or I ncrease Mana cost personally.
I don't like barnes, because it's a pure RNG card (RNG in the sense that, if you draw it you win pretty much automatically). But I think resurrect priest without barnes is still a problem.

You brought up board clears, and I didn't mention that, but it's a good point. Priest has a ton of very efficient board clears and other ways to allow them to plant that one minion that then snowballs out of control for any deck that doesn't have a polymorph effect.