Can we get an official update on the Hearthstone Forums' migration to Discourse, please?

Play Mode Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
This has already been asked multiple times by different posters, but to my knowledge there has been no blue response; as such, I hope you would please overlook the reiteration of this thread.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20769326764
According to this thread, the move was originally intended to occur in the beginning of October 2018, but was later projected to happen towards the end of 2018.

The post did clarify that we would be updated as necessary, but we are now in the third week of 2019 with no explanation. Might I be so bold as to inquire as to the status of this migration? It would be nice to be able to prepare, such as by getting guides and topic ideas ready.

Thank you for your time! :}
Thanks OP.

Bumping this up for more visibility. Last official update on this was Sept last year and any new news would be much appreciated.
An update would be great.
Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaassssse????
My understanding was that they pushed the update into early 2019, but never gave any specific dates as to when the axe was going to fall. Getting an update with some specifics would be nice ... even if it was just "We don't have any time frame yet..." or "This project has been temporarily put on the backburner until further notice..." or whatever.
They gave up to save money. The forums are perfect, but why they gonna change if the forums are perfect and to change have costs?
They gave up to save money. The forums are perfect, but why they gonna change if the forums are perfect and to change have costs?

Uh - you're projecting some confirmation bias. The change is because they want all the Blizzard game forums to be on the same platform. Discourse is the host for other Blizzard game forums ... so they want to move Hearthstone to Discourse so all their forums are in the same pot. There's no evidence to suggest the change has anything to do with costs. Companies aggregate services in the name of "harmonization" and "globalization" all the time.
And also, when are we getting new avatars?
01/22/2019 11:45 AMPosted by TheRiddler

Uh - you're projecting some confirmation bias. The change is because they want all the Blizzard game forums to be on the same platform. Discourse is the host for other Blizzard game forums ... so they want to move Hearthstone to Discourse so all their forums are in the same pot. There's no evidence to suggest the change has anything to do with costs. Companies aggregate services in the name of "harmonization" and "globalization" all the time.

Sure and they didn't change until now because...
Hey everyone,

Apologizes for the "radio silence" on any updates for this.

This did get pushed until 2019 (obvious now, I know). I do not have an exact date to provide, but will check up on that and update the main post as soon as I can.

01/22/2019 09:42 AMPosted by Phobetor
It would be nice to be able to prepare, such as by getting guides and topic ideas ready.

I would say go ahead and get this done now. We'll do the best we can to give as much as a heads up as possible, but I would hate if anything was left behind due to whatever reasons.

Thanks all!
Sure and they didn't change until now because...

...(insert wild, unsupported, bias-driven, crazed internet conspiracy theory here).
01/23/2019 10:23 AMPosted by Jesse Hill
Hey everyone,

This did get pushed until 2019 (obvious now, I know). I do not have an exact date to provide, but will check up on that and update the main post as soon as I can.

01/22/2019 09:42 AMPosted by Phobetor
It would be nice to be able to prepare, such as by getting guides and topic ideas ready.

I would say go ahead and get this done now. We'll do the best we can to give as much as a heads up as possible, but I would hate if anything was left behind due to whatever reasons.

Thanks all!

It's good to see you still find the time to keep up that side gig of moderating while doing your real job of shutting down rigging threads.

Bobby would be proud.
01/23/2019 01:49 PMPosted by Fallen
Hey everyone,

Thanks all!

It's good to see you still find the time to keep up that side gig of moderating while doing your real job of shutting down rigging threads.

Bobby would be proud.

Becoming a fake martyr won’t make you right.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Bobby would be proud.

Becoming a fake martyr won’t make you right.

Making me right makes me right. Jesse has a hard back novel devoted to rigging threads, and barely a page devoted to every other topic combined.

So if is job isn't to shut down rigging talk why is 99% of his time devoted to that?

That's not me trolling that's an honest observation I can prove. At this point these forums are just propaganda, feel free to perma ban me I'm only interested in real forums for customers.
01/23/2019 01:49 PMPosted by Fallen
Hey everyone,

Thanks all!

Bobby would be proud.

Yeah, right when you were providing data an proof. Down goes the thread. Typical how it goes anymore huh.