Can we get an official update on the Hearthstone Forums' migration to Discourse, please?

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
01/23/2019 01:54 PMPosted by Theman
01/23/2019 01:49 PMPosted by Fallen

It's good to see you still find the time to keep up that side gig of moderating while doing your real job of shutting down rigging threads.

Bobby would be proud.

Yeah, right when you were providing data an proof. Down goes the thread. Typical how it goes anymore huh.

I did it gets locked.
01/23/2019 10:23 AMPosted by Jesse Hill
I would say go ahead and get this done now. We'll do the best we can to give as much as a heads up as possible, but I would hate if anything was left behind due to whatever reasons.

Duly noted; thank you for the advance notification, and for the update! :}

It's good to see you still find the time to keep up that side gig of moderating while doing your real job of shutting down rigging threads.

With all due respect, I don't know how it could possibly be made clearer to you that Jesse is doing his job when he locks inappropriate topics, as he has good reason to do so.

As he has explained many times, he allows discussions to persist regardless of subject, as long as they align with the Code of Conduct. People are suspended due to their recalcitrant delivery and inciting intent, and the threads are ultimately locked because these posts do not add anything of value.
01/23/2019 02:00 PMPosted by Phobetor
01/23/2019 10:23 AMPosted by Jesse Hill
I would say go ahead and get this done now. We'll do the best we can to give as much as a heads up as possible, but I would hate if anything was left behind due to whatever reasons.

Duly noted; thank you for the advance notification, and for the update! :}

With all due respect, I don't know how it could possibly be made clearer to you that Jesse is doing his job when he locks inappropriate topics, as he has good reason to do so.

As he has explained many times, he allows discussions to persist regardless of subject, as long as they align with the Code of Conduct. People are suspended due to their recalcitrant delivery and inciting intent, and the threads are ultimately locked because these posts do not add anything of value.

Why can't I say he spends 99% of his time locking and removing rigging threads and 1% moderating when it's a hundred percent true.

A quick search can prove this, why as a customer do I have to lie and pretend fiction is reality?

that's not a forum that's a propaganda channel.
01/23/2019 02:02 PMPosted by Fallen
Why can't I say he spends 99% of his time locking and removing rigging threads and 1% moderating when it's a hundred percent true.

A quick search can prove this, why as a customer do I have to lie and pretend fiction is reality?

that's not a forum that's a propaganda channel.

Firstly, these forums are very lenient indeed as long as one abides by the reasonable rules. For example, people can say what they want about Blizzard and Team 5 so long as they do not engage in personal attacks or meaningless disparagement. Even vehement disagreement is never precluded unless articles of the Code of Conduct are violated; I myself have often disagreed with Blizz, and sometimes not as respectfully as I should have (much to my sorrow and regret), yet no action has ever been taken against me because I have always posted in accordance with the CoC.

Secondly, as one might logically deduce -- and has been evidenced by his knowledge of happenings -- Jesse regularly peruses the forums, and therefore moderates them as appropriate. He also engages with the community fairly frequently. I am genuinely not sure what else you would expect from a community manager, or why.

Thirdly, locking and removing threads in a forum is moderation of that forum, by definition, and much good moderation can be silent for one reason or another. The threads in which he posts tend to most commonly induce flame wars, which is a symptom of them tending not to be conducive of valuable discourse; as such, the threads in which Jesse posts are disproportionately related to such topics as rigging, and are disproportionately likely to be locked. This is common sense.
01/23/2019 02:02 PMPosted by Fallen

You can say this. However, much like with the topic of "rigging", saying it doesn't make it true.

As well, in the last thread (as well as all the others) I provided reasoning for the thread being locked. I also covered this exact course of action in the last thread and how it leads to actions being taken.

However, it 100% of the times ends up with someone making comments as you just did, instead of adding any real information and cause a flame war. Then when the threads get shut down, some think spamming the topic is the way to make a point. This is what leads to action being taken. I’ve never suspended someone for a specific topic, just the delivery.

As well, you continue with the same comment of:
01/23/2019 01:54 PMPosted by Fallen
feel free to perma ban me

I'm not sure if that is the goal or what the case may be Fallen. I am not looking to take any action against you. This is something you are obviously passionate about and believe in heavily. Which is fine. What is not fine is continuing to spam false claims, high-jacking threads and spamming a topic that has already been addressed. You are free to believe what you like, but please do not try to force it into unrelated conversations.

You have staked your claim on the other posts and added your thoughts. I did not remove any of these comments, I simply locked the threads and provided reasoning why. I will even reiterate as to why I lock them for anyone else who may be wondering.

Hearthstone is not rigged. You claim it is. Obviously, nothing I say is going to change your mind or the thought process of anyone who truly believes this. Just like it is unlikely the minds of those who disagree with you will change theirs. This creates a standstill. I have attempted leaving open a channel for communication and discussion several times. Every single time, it has degraded into an all out flame war of the two sides. To the degree that moderation of the thread included removing entire pages of comments.

After the last attempt at this type of thread, I called it quits for any attempts at civil discussion on the topic. No more, as the conversation never failed to turn toxic and I found majority of my time on the forums being spent on one thread. Not to mention, nothing new ever comes up. It always ends with both sides going "No, you show me proof!".

So to avoid the situation all together, I started locking those threads and will continue to do so. The Blizzard reply has been given. You are free to believe it if you like, but it is not a reply that is up for debate. This is not "propaganda", this is preventative maintenance.

Now, you are more than welcome to say what you wish. However, these forums are not the platform for the discussion. Simply due to the reasons above. And if any actions are taken towards anyone, yourself included, it will be due to the actions I quoted above (and what you displayed here) and not "because I'm right and they're trying to hide it!"

This thread is in regards to the forum migration. I have provided what info I can. If there are further questions or inquiries on that topic, I am more than happy to provide what info I have available. I will not be continuing the discussion on the rigged topic in here any further.

I do hope you understand my reasoning and can respect other's by not attempting to carry this further across unrelated posts.

Thank you