Can we get an official update on the Hearthstone Forums' migration to Discourse, please?

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Ok will do! and thank you for cleaning up the thread!

Personally I like these forums over Discourse myself, like a time machine to my EQ days not looking forward to Discourse.
Jesse, how come I can't post on the WoW forums since the migration? Theres just no reply button appearing anywhere. Nothing says I'm banned or not logged in or not subbed either.
Hey Teelo,

Not sure why. I would suggest maybe reaching out to Customer Support to have them check for any issues.
01/24/2019 12:04 AMPosted by Fallen
Personally I like these forums over Discourse myself, like a time machine to my EQ days not looking forward to Discourse.

Dislikes gotta go though, they are absolutely useless...

...like the dislikes this comment will get :)
Since we're talking about the new platform, is there any information on whether an auto-lock QOL feature will be implemented after threads have gone unanswered for a given amount of time?

I may be biased but the 1-10-post accounts which necro threads from months or even years prior to just say "Yeah, right!" seem unending lately.
01/24/2019 02:57 AMPosted by Morthasa
Since we're talking about the new platform, is there any information on whether an auto-lock QOL feature will be implemented after threads have gone unanswered for a given amount of time?

I may be biased but the 1-10-post accounts which necro threads from months or even years prior to just say "Yeah, right!" seem unending lately.

Or at the very least whenever a poster is writing a reply to an old thread, have a very noticable banner saying something to the effect of "This is an old thread, if your post doesn't add anything substantial it will be considered spam" both while writing the reply and possibly as a popup after hitting the reply button (with cancel/ok buttons).

It could potentially be connected to the confidence/account level functionality, with newer accounts being actually barred from adding replies to old posts.
Again. Can we stop making this thread about Fallen?
And blindly believing in something while ignoring all contrary evidence is confirmation bias

Herein is irony personified. :) Blindly believing the game is rigged while ignoring all contrary evidence is confirmation bias. You debunked your own arguments.

Different people have different views, if someones stance on something makes you overly emotional, that's your dysfunction, not the other persons.

You claimed "people downvote me because of who I am, not what I post". I showed you the accurate reason why people do the opposite of what you claimed. Trying to dive into the rhetorical tall-grass by bringing up irrelevant fantasies about you being some sort of victim of intolerance is an attempt to distract. No one is emotional or dysfunctional. You're just getting clobbered in a factual argument and are trying to use ninja powder to change the subject.
Wanting new forums: You think you do, but you don't!
What I have said applies to everyone. No "special rules" are being made. If a thread is closed, attempting to continue the conversation by derailing other threads or spamming it out can lead to actions.

Further comments outside of the original conversation in this thread will be treated as spam. That includes talking about not talking about other subjects. If someone attempts to "troll" or anything along those lines, please do not engage them. Report it and we will deal with it.

For those who have been coming to participate on the correct topic, I apologize for not clearing up the "derails" sooner. I'll do my best to be better with these situations moving forward.
01/24/2019 02:57 AMPosted by Morthasa

I don't have any info to share on any kind of feature like this, but I don't disagree that it would be really useful. I'll make sure this suggestion is included with feedback as we start implementing things.

Thank you for the suggestion.
Best thing I can think of for the forum is when people get a vacation, or a permanent dismissal they aren’t able to be back immediately with a new name. I know it’s probably impossible but it really is the same people over and over with new avatars.
Can't seem to post on any of the forums that use the new Discourse platform. Can still post on the classic games forum, this one, the Diablo 3 one, but can't post on the Overwatch or WoW ones. Looks like I'll be saying goodbye when this one migrates.

Related: this isn't the last one still on the old platform, OP. D3 is too.