How to deal with Spell Hunter

Play Mode Discussion
Hi all, I am doing a trial post where we try to understand Spell Hunter and how to deal with it.

General intro to deck
https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/deck-guide/spell-hunter-deck-guide/

Good matchup: need experts to fill in
Bad matchup: need experts to fill in

Personal experience
Rank Bracket: 5
I reached R5 with a cheap version of control priest and took a break. Tried some games yesterday (also based on past experience), I find that Spell hunters have 3 major parts that decides the game.
DK Rexxar - good players are able to anticipate gameplay better and craft 'valued' zombeast to counter my limited resources. Early DK usually puts me on alot of pressure, thus the longer the game goes, the more disadvantage I face.
Rhok'delar - refuel move where with a good haul, can delay most matches until DK Rexxar or Zuljin
Zul'jin - a power swing move where can clear my board and setup his own with secrets.

Fight for early board is quite challenging where hunters usually can have a better consistency of buildup plays. I find that the most critical strategy is the ability to force the hunter to replace DK rexxar with Zuljin. However, maybe due to my deck quality, I am currently switching to my personal version of cubelock to test winrate consistency. (to be updated?)I am also testing adding a copy of Chief inspector and Zola in my decks.

(Feel free to use above format for personal sharing)
The two decks I'm using fairly well against spell hunter are Odd Warrior and Even Warlock. Sometimes Cube Warlock can handle it but it doesn't seem to be as effective as Even Warlock, perhaps because draw is that helpful...
The important thing to remember is that a lot of cards in Spell Hunter are dictated by what YOU do.

YOU trigger secrets. YOU give the Hunter targets for Flanking Strike/Baited Arrow. YOU decide when the Hunter gets extra charges on their Eaglehorn Bow.

A good strategy is to just simply slow down, delay triggering secrets, and set up a scary board full of taunts and other annoying things that the Hunter needs to deal with. Make having a board clear a priority so you can purge the wolves.

Yes, you will take damage, and yes, you will need to eventually build up to that big swing turn where you start to gain momentum so you can power through before DK Rexxar is in full swing, but it's very doable.

If anything, I find Deathrattle Hunter much more tricky to deal with than Spell Hunter.
01/10/2019 10:56 AMPosted by Swift
The important thing to remember is that a lot of cards in Spell Hunter are dictated by what YOU do.

YOU trigger secrets. YOU give the Hunter targets for Flanking Strike/Baited Arrow. YOU decide when the Hunter gets extra charges on their Eaglehorn Bow.

A good strategy is to just simply slow down, delay triggering secrets, and set up a scary board full of taunts and other annoying things that the Hunter needs to deal with. Make having a board clear a priority so you can purge the wolves.

Yes, you will take damage, and yes, you will need to eventually build up to that big swing turn where you start to gain momentum so you can power through before DK Rexxar is in full swing, but it's very doable.

If anything, I find Deathrattle Hunter much more tricky to deal with than Spell Hunter.

This ^

I also agree that I find Deathrattle hunter more problematic as eggs and cubes ensure a board despite all board clears excluding psychic scream. However, cabal shadow priests and mind control tech (if you aren't playing priest) are helpful in equalizing the board after big turns from hunter.
I am seeing so many hunters its probably worth teching anti secrets and weapon removals.

I came against 4 hunters, made a anti-hunter deck and came against a kingsbane rogue lol typical
It help if posters states what deck/s they are currently having success or having problems with.
The perfect counter is the uninstall button