Barnes needs H.O.F.

Play Mode Discussion
You know I was having a tinch of fun in wild but then I ran into priest after priest and hunter after hunter running the barnes combo into yshaar. They hit this on turn 4 and you dont have many options to comeback. You somehow miracle clear the priest ones and they just rez them all back. I think its time to think about a hall of fame for barnes.
???
01/24/2019 04:13 PMPosted by Urza
You know I was having a tinch of fun in wild but then I ran into priest after priest and hunter after hunter running the barnes combo into yshaar. They hit this on turn 4 and you dont have many options to comeback. You somehow miracle clear the priest ones and they just rez them all back. I think its time to think about a hall of fame for barnes.

Um. Hall of Fame takes a card and moves it from an evergreen set to a Wild only set. Barnes is already Wild-only.

Perhaps you are suggesting they should alter the card’s mechanics?
The card needs to be nerfed, and possibly the res mechanic also.
You though Barnes was bad, man Ysharrj is the deal breaker. That is the card that needs to go to the hall of fame.

/s
I think its time to think about a hall of fame for barnes.

Yes barnes must be moved from classic set to wild. Its killing standard right now :P

Aside from joking yes barnes has to be nerfed.
Barnes has a 0.0000% classic playrate, even less than Warsong Commander. If anything, it clearly needs a huge buff!
I think its time to think about a hall of fame for barnes.

urza, dear, he is already on wild, where do you think HoF cards go when they get, well, HoFed?
I know you are a troll, but this is a new level of confusing.

I'm assuming you mean remove Barnes from the game entirely. There were ways to beat the deck in standard, I assume there still are in wild. If it bothers you that much, just concede and move on.
the standard meta is so bad, players are begging for nerfs to wild cards.

it's astonishing, actually. there have always been call for change in wild. usually there'd be a few threads with complaints about giants or barnes or a new interaction wild players are using and abusing. but the volume of wild posts has increased dramatically.

the wild game isn't much different than it ever was. wild has never been balanced. the volume of complaints about wild are more indicative of how sour and pointless standard has become because more and more players are discovering wild (and all its problems).

You mean send Barnes to Wild? Barnes is already in Wild. I am not entirely sure I understand the post.
you trolling?
Ok hall of shame Then where op wild cards go to be retired
01/24/2019 11:03 PMPosted by Urza
Ok hall of shame Then where op wild cards go to be retired

Then they need to make another mode to allow those cards to be played there.

How to HoF something that already on wild?
Also you understand how annoying a card is when the post doesnt make sense but still people upvote it just for the sake of nerfing the card :P
01/24/2019 04:22 PMPosted by Seiya
You though Barnes was bad, man Ysharrj is the deal breaker. That is the card that needs to go to the hall of fame.

/s

I mean, if you REALLY wanted to break up Big Priest, that'd be the card to hit. Whether you get it from Barnes or from Shadow Essence, Y'sharrj is the card that makes the deck truly powerful.

At least until Blizzard prints another dozen aoes for Priest because they refuse to fix the problems with their "Evergreen" set. There will be a critical mass of aoes where Big Priest can reliably stall until they can play their big minions naturally.
Whatever it is that you think Hall of Fame does, it won't affect Barnes.

I read an interview with Dean Ayala today where IGN specifically asked about Barnes and aside from the typical "it's on our watch list" stuff, Dean more or less said that Big Priest/Ressurection Priest in Wild is played way out of proportion to its actual win rate; suggesting that it's played more because a certain faction of people find it fun to pilot than because they expect to win with it.

That leaves them in a bit of a quandry as far as nerfing it - it's one of those "feels bad" plays because there's no real counter to Barnes-on-4 but the deck itself is not oppressive to the overall game environment and it clearly has fans who LIKE playing with it just like some people like pirate decks or whatever that can be good but is not and maybe never has been tier-worthy.

Now, historically, they have occasionally nerfed something because the "feels bad" component was big enough to make someone take action, and Standard apparently still is able to field a Ressurection Priest archetype without Barnes, so Barnes is not irreplacable if they do nerf it.

Which just means that they may or may not do anything in the long run. I would expect that eventually they'll come up with something to counter ANY battlecry and that thing will, ipso facto, counter Barnes as well. Then it's up to the players to decide if Big Priest annoys them enough to tech against Barnes.
I think what Urza would really like is to see Barnes removed from the game, roughed up with a cattle prod and dropped down a well. And to have his dinner money stolen.
01/25/2019 01:40 PMPosted by Headspin
I think what Urza would really like is to see Barnes removed from the game, roughed up with a cattle prod and dropped down a well. And to have his dinner money stolen.

Yes and Yes and yes and stolen by Kubiak