Honest survey

Play Mode Discussion
What motivates you to buying new expansions/packs from Hearthstone?

Honestly if no one buys anything wouldn't that just make Blizzard reduce their price to a fairness to all? I really don't see the hype in any of this other than us the players supporting the company where they continue to do the same thing over and over which is make changes here and there with really nothing major. The meta gets stale now but, I would argue that every meta comes to this point for players and we are simply going into this repetition without realizing it because we are too focused on the meta that we are at that we just want new cards but, is there a reason not to purchase new packs/expansions?
Get ready for this...

You ready for it?

You suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure you're ready for it?

Some of us are enjoying Hearthstone right now.
01/12/2019 02:57 PMPosted by Wardrum
Get ready for this...

You ready for it?

Noooooo gtf outta here ya madman!!!

You mean to say.. let's refrase dare to say! People are enjoying HS? BLASPHEMY!

There can be no FUN. You shall not have any fun! You purely play HS to comeback here and complain the living out of it! Like your father fathers did and like YOU WILL TO!
Get ready for this...

You ready for it?

So is the price of expansions/packs reasonable for players or can you give me reason that they aren't?
01/12/2019 03:11 PMPosted by Tsundude
Get ready for this...

You ready for it?

So is the price of expansions/packs reasonable for players or can you give me reason that they aren't?
That's *hugely* subjective, but for my own purposes and how I view entertainment/ROI for fun/money I feel the deals and preorders come reasonably enough, with upper cash bundles being acceptable for those with disposable income (I can take someone out to a fancy dinner one time and pay more) though I don't ever touch the lower standard cash bundles.
Get ready for this...

You ready for it?

Actually if you look at the past expansions, Blizzard is giving out more discount deals for packs in the past year. But that’s beside the point.

The main incentives for buying cards for me would be getting a good deal for the packs. Usually the one that comes with the expansion is the only time we get a discount on the new packs. Another big reason for me is just so I get more time to work on other things instead of grinding for gold. HS has become a lot more costly ever since they took out adventures. To this day, I still think it is a bad decision. It may generate more money for activation, but in the long run it just turns the customers away.
honestly, havent bought any packs neither preorders last 2 expansions. Why? Whats the point? meta is the same like 2 expansions ago, barely any card from last 2 expansions is used in top tier decks, save youre money for something usefull couse hearthstone aint it, it become just a game to kill a few hours here and there. meta is same,boring and stale for the entire 2018.
01/12/2019 02:50 PMPosted by Tsundude
Honestly if no one buys anything wouldn't that just make Blizzard reduce their price to a fairness to all?

They would just shut the game down, not reduce pack prices.
I don't buy packs unless they:

1. come in a bundle that feels like "petty cash" rather than "actual money"
2. have a price per pack that is much much lower than the usual ripoff price
3. are from the most recent set and are offered before I stop buying it

So far, the only deal they've offered that meets this is the new player starter bundle.
01/12/2019 04:53 PMPosted by Daikaze
01/12/2019 02:50 PMPosted by Tsundude
Honestly if no one buys anything wouldn't that just make Blizzard reduce their price to a fairness to all?

They would just shut the game down, not reduce pack prices.
They will more likely release better deal bundles more often for limited time. And prolly more freebies through events. But yes, I too think it is unlikely that they will reduce default pack price, unless the game is in a brink of dying. But by then, even OP will care less about the game.

I would say that the price of expansions/packs is reasonable for players who purchase them.
The reason why players are still purchasing expansions/packs means that the price is still within an attractive range for that niche of players.
The company also adjust the price through promotions and bundles as seen recently.

A comparison is customers choosing premium coffee over normal coffee but at a much higher price. While there can be huge-little difference between both coffee, but each attract its own niche of customer base.

Thus, the HS player base formed from Whales, Regulars and F2P.
I have 3215 play mode wins. HSreplay shows a large percentage of my games are outside of play mode. My balance history shows that if I place my purchase values over my time played this in a very inexpensive hobby that becomes free when times are financially rough.

I know people that spend more each month on coffee than I do per year on Hearthstone. I get way more usage out of Hearthstone than they do from coffee.

Using the $/time model for value you'd be hard pressed to show me anything comparable.