Nothing sweeter than disrupting Mecha'thun decks

Play Mode Discussion
Anyone else love playing warlock just for the simple pleasure of disrupting Mecha'thun decks?
Yes. Always feels guud to empty their entire deck, make them think they've won only to see their Mecha'thun being Demonic Projected the next turn. >:P
You sound slightly bitter about it however. Did the bad robot touch you?
my favorite has to be playing skulking against a druid on turn 6 and destroy 6 or something cards, twice I managed this and twice the druid conceded on the spot. really hope they reprint skulking once the current rotates out!

also yeah I am playing warlock just to disrupt combo but coming against almost nothing but hunter and mage lately
Had a little Ladder Best of Three against a Mecha'thun Priest last night. Lost the first game, Screamed my Benedictus into his deck for the second game, and won the Bo3 by gracing him with the glorious word of Hakkar, our Lord and Savior.
Not only Mecha'thun. Not only him.

Last week, turn 4 Gnomeferatu burns a Kobold Illusionist. My opp was playing Malygos Rogue. GG
I love the idea of disruption lock but I just don't see enough combo decks to justify making or playing it.
I hate the amount of OTK and mecha'thun decks right in standard but I likewise dislike the playstyle of anti-combolock

so seeing as there aren't any other answers since the only "aggro" deck is hunter these days and even they can get decimated by the boardclears that OTK are playing, well, I moved on to wild, at least is funnier to fight against a massive wall of resurrected big minions
I gave a Mecha’Thun Druid academic espionage via Lorewalker Cho.

I bet he wasn’t counting on that.
Mechathun anything is extremely satisfying to beat. Quest priest just eats it alive, I don't think I've ever lost a game to it.

OTK Paladin via DK (not Holy wrath) is just aids though. Even if you get Hakkar in the deck, you still are likely to lose. I see a lot of praise surrounding Zihi so I started teching that in.
01/26/2019 10:31 AMPosted by Ayandarial
I love the idea of disruption lock but I just don't see enough combo decks to justify making or playing it.

Thats why you put only one demonic project into the deck

Against other decks there is a chance sometimes to get leeroy or something while transforming something like librarian or gnomeferatu into something more useful
If you dont need them anymore at that point

Also instead of second copy you can run mojomaster, which can help gainst stuff like otk paladin etc. Though its a bit antisynergy with guldan
Hell yeah! Mojomancer Zihi is the highest satisfaction card I‘ve ever used.
01/26/2019 07:14 AMPosted by HexxedFrog
Anyone else love playing warlock just for the simple pleasure of disrupting Mecha'thun decks?

Yes, though I very rarely see them.

You don't have to go all in. My version runs Rin and Guldan, as well. Against most priest and control warrior those come in handy (honestly just the bodies from the spells are useful in a control deck).

You could go for the much more standard Cubelock with a few demonic projects, but I don't like relying so much on drawing the skull, and against fast decks you can't really count on having the dead turn to use it.

My main hate is for odd Pally right now, and the deck cleans the floor with them because of the multiple aoe effects. But it also disrupts control and combo reasonably well. It is very weak against midrange hunter though, which is quite prevalent around rank 13, I'm finding. Odd rogue is dicey as well.
01/27/2019 10:10 AMPosted by RinseWizard
01/26/2019 07:14 AMPosted by HexxedFrog

You don't have to go all in. My version runs Rin and Guldan, as well. Against most priest and control warrior those come in handy (honestly just the bodies from the spells are useful in a control deck).

You could go for the much more standard Cubelock with a few demonic projects, but I don't like relying so much on drawing the skull, and against fast decks you can't really count on having the dead turn to use it.

My main hate is for odd Pally right now, and the deck cleans the floor with them because of the multiple aoe effects. But it also disrupts control and combo reasonably well. It is very weak against midrange hunter though, which is quite prevalent around rank 13, I'm finding. Odd rogue is dicey as well.

Cut the corpsetaker stuff (keep zilliax though) throw in 2 despicable dreadlords

I sometimes regret but then they often really come in hand

Also its almost like a soft taunt
I just like warlock all around, though especially for control.

They just have answers....so many answers. And a permanent way to draw them. Answers to everything.

Aggro? Hellfire and defile
Combo? Project and any number of discards
Control? Guldan baby. Cube it up! Skull it out! Hit em with that 50 shades smack down!

Warlock...king of all!
01/27/2019 11:17 AMPosted by azweik
<span class="truncated">...</span>

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Cut the corpsetaker stuff (keep zilliax though) throw in 2 despicable dreadlords

I sometimes regret but then they often really come in hand

Also its almost like a soft taunt

Oh, I definitely run two. They're a good choice for cubing too, since they trade well. And since very few decks run silence, that's a good trade and then shadowflame. Very few boards survive that.

And then when Guldan rezs three, well, good luck getting a board back down, hunter.