Get rid of Maev and luna quests.

Arena Discussion
Any way to get rid of the maev and luna quests? I despise standard mode and don't want to play 20 games of it. I only play arena, I only care about arena I would prefer not to spend even 1 second playing standard. I do not care about alternate heroes and don't like what I've seen of them.

If your response is for me to play standard mode go !@#$ yourself.
I agree that there should be a way to remove those quests for people who do not want to play standard (or wild for that matter), but there is no way I know of currently. Your best bet is probably to email blizzard about it; I'd imagine it's a small change and it's possible others have asked for it before, so who knows? They might actually implement a refresh button on them or something along those lines.

I recommend you don't include that last sentence in your email, if you send one. It's pretty rude.
01/19/2019 06:06 AMPosted by Frshquawnda
I'd imagine it's a small change and it's possible others have asked for it before, so who knows?
Though it never hurts to try to ask (politely!!), I guess your chances for this are low.
If I were in charge of Blizzard, I'd make a short mental exercise: "Question 1: how many people are complaining about these quests. Question 2: how many people do I expect will make customer support tickets after accidentally rerolling these special quests and now wanting it back on their account". My estimate for the second number would be a huge amount higher than the first, and hence I would not make these special quests re-rollable.

For the record, as far as I know the Maiev quest should have been removed automatically when the Year of the Mammoth ended. And I expect that the Lunara quest will similarly disappear when the Year of the Raven ends.
Still have both quests unfortunately. They've actually cost me money because blocking my access to quests makes gold more scarce and causes me to buy more arena entries. Really irritating. Also wish I could trade packs for gold, I have piles of them and no interest in opening.
I'm sure there will eventually be a third hero to unlock, meaning you won't have any quests left, so you're either going to have to bite the bullet and play them or you will have to find yourself a new game to play.
01/20/2019 10:33 AMPosted by ModaBoat
Still have both quests unfortunately. They've actually cost me money because blocking my access to quests makes gold more scarce and causes me to buy more arena entries. Really irritating. Also wish I could trade packs for gold, I have piles of them and no interest in opening.

I remember the Maiev quest back when mammoth rolled out. I only played arena, so I wanted to get rid of that quest too. But I didn't wanna play the games of standard. The only way was to not log in for 6 months, so that the "returning player" quests would kick in and replace it. That's how much I didn't wanna play constructed.

I was willing to not log in for a whole 6 months to get the Maiev quest overwritten, but I ended up not logging in for a whole year. And by then it was replaced by the next 10 games standard quest.

Now I still play on and off but I don't bother doing quests. It's over 2 years later. Blizz won't change it. I think it's actually an intended effect, to quest block and prevent people from making alot of alternate accounts just to play arena for free.

Luckily I already have a bunch of accounts I juggled from beta through Maiev, over 500k gold between them, so I won't ever have to play constructed. If I could give most of them away, I would. Because I couldn't even deplete 1 in a decade going 100% 0-3's at the rate that I play now. I actually tried one time, giving one with 65k to a buddy of mine in another state. The account got locked and banned within a week. Apparently, we aren't allowed to give account access to anyone else, unless it's to our kids.
I'd imagine the most realistic way the maiev/other hero quests could be changed would be for them to be indicated and tracked through other means, somewhat like the play 100 games 'quest' that doesn't actually take up space in the quest log. Unfortunately, that could make it a slightly larger change, so it does seem unlikely that blizzard would implement anything like this unless there are a lot of people asking for it.
They should create a way to make this optional, that way newer players who missed out but want this have a way of obtaining as well. E.g. toggle the quest at a blizzard Website. The toggle could even be account linked and automated.
01/21/2019 03:54 PMPosted by Bnetplayer
I think it's actually an intended effect, to quest block and prevent people from making alot of alternate accounts just to play arena for free.
I think you're overestimating the amount of people that categorically refuse to play a few games in standard to unlock a quest.
I think the combined salary cost of three staff members discussing this option for five minutes would already exceed the amount of money made this way.
01/22/2019 01:49 AMPosted by BigHugger
I think you're overestimating the amount of people that categorically refuse to play a few games in standard to unlock a quest.
I think the combined salary cost of three staff members discussing this option for five minutes would already exceed the amount of money made this way.

Most people are willing to clear it. Most of those even prefer constructed over arena, so it's not even a matter of willingness; they're happy to do it.

My statement is about alternate free arena accounts. If you have 3 accounts, juggling dailies... you will look at your quest log in dismay when you log on an alt account.

You will just want to queue into arena. You will not want to sit there defeating 30 monster hunt bosses, or play some crappy constructed deck full of basic cards vs new players... for every alternate account you own. You will end up forgoing those quest slots, and the gold income they represent... if you are sane. The op is clearly on one of those alt accounts, so that's why I'm addressing him in that regard
With the new politic of offer limited skins in pre selling deals i'm would not be surprised to not have a free limited skin quest at the start of this year.
I agree, on some of my F2P arena only accounts, I still have these stupid quests because constructed holds literally zero appeal for me to play on those accounts. While I won't complain about it (I just deal with it and don't really care much for quests anyways on F2P), since OP is, I may as well join and ask for the same :)

There's no reason anymore for these useless quests unable to be rerolled/gotten rid of. Unless they *want* to punish F2P players, in which case, go ahead Blizz, idc anyway I'm just playing infinite arena...