Lich king should stay with us forever

Community Discussion
Arthas menethil the lich king is the most important character in warcraft history and the card we have ingame representing him is fairly balanced.

I say make an exception for the one true king and keep him in standard forever. Let him rule forever this time.

Do it !
I would agree if Ysera didn't exist. Ysera, a classic legendary is completely overshadowed by LK right now. So not a good idea.
Not really ysera on average is better than lich king. Lich king has more powerful cards but also 2-3 unplayable cards as well that will stay in your hand forever. he also has less hp which means easier to kill (also 8 attack against priest , BGH etc). Ysera also has dragon tag and all of her cards are playable and useful.

Decks that run lich king would never run ysera so I think this comparison is not accurate.
Speaking of the LK, does anyone else have the problem of discovering Frostmourne much less than 20%?
01/22/2019 05:35 AMPosted by Rabbit
Speaking of the LK, does anyone else have the problem of discovering Frostmourne much less than 20%?

There are 7 different dk cards. Chance of getting frostmourne is around 14%.

But yeah personally it feels like 5% to me.
01/21/2019 03:17 PMPosted by Kamran
Arthas menethil the lich king is the most important character in warcraft history and the card we have ingame representing him is fairly balanced.

I say make an exception for the one true king and keep him in standard forever. Let him rule forever this time.

Do it !

I love you for saying this. Deathknights are my favorite class in WoW and I am still upset that there is no real deathknight class here in HS. I always put the lich king in my decks no matter what they are (often undead or frost themed) please keep the lich king blizzard.
Agree, there always has to be a Lich King
I wouldnt mind a lich king jr, like a cute little baby version with lower stats lower mana cost but still good enough to see play...because we know for a fact its getting rotated out so might as well create something new since they wont keep.
01/22/2019 11:47 AMPosted by Kamran
01/22/2019 05:35 AMPosted by Rabbit

There are 7 different dk cards. Chance of getting frostmourne is around 14%.

But yeah personally it feels like 5% to me.

Thanks for the correction. My mistake.
I was just saying in a HearthPwn discussion about what the next expansion could be, I'd love to see an expansion based on Quel'thalas. If Rastakhan's Rumble is based on a competition that happened years ago, and if Frozen Throne can come out after the Lich King is actually dead in WoW, there is no reason they couldn't release a set based on "Arthas, the Fallen Prince" laying siege to Quel'thalas! Maybe don't make it the exact same card, but he could be something similar, or even the new Paladin Hero Card of that set! Could be sweet!

My idea for a Kael'thas Sunstrider card was a neutral legendary with "Inspire: Discover ancient magic summoned from the Sunwell."

Basically it's "Inspire: Discover a Wild spell." Not sure on cost/stats. No more than 8 mana so you can at least drop it and Hero Power immediately for at least one Wild spell. And maybe keep him an Odd cost so you can't hero power for 1 in a Genn deck.

But in doing this you could make some other cool cards bringing back characters we've seen in HS before. Like "Shade of Kel'Thuzad" since he is just a ghost until after Arthas invades Quel'thalas and corrupts the Sunwell's power while bringing him back as a Lich. He could be a Warlock legendary with Stealth, some other interesting effect... Not sure what yet.
Nah Kael'thas card should include his pet Alar. dar'khan drathir can do some sunwell stuff since he was obsessed with sunwell and that's why he betrayed High elves to get sunwell for himself (Arthas gave him middle finger though).