Hearthstone is no longer fair.

Play Mode Discussion
You claim as developers that you're not rigging matches after the Activision patent that explicitly details rigging matches.

Are you telling the truth? I have no idea.

But I do know you're rigging Hearthstone right now.

You knew very well that Hunter was OP, you sent out a nerf, nerving several classes except Hunter.

You're no longer maintaining fair play, players no longer feel like they are playing a game based on skill or luck, but based on whichever OP deck flavor of the month they need to craft to win games.

I'm sure your bosses like all the loot box sales from people trying to get Zul'Jin or dust for him, but you're screwing over everyone else to do it. Hearthstone is no longer a game with fair gameplay.
No, they’re not rigging the game, and no, the nerfs are not some nefarious plot to cheat you out of wins.

Paranoid conspriacy theories have no place here.
01/29/2019 01:56 PMPosted by Mand
conspriacy theories

If I had told you Activision had a patent to rig games to encourage loot box sales, you would have called it a conspiracy theory too. Yet that's exactly what Activision did.

Why is the game left so unbalanced?

The only reasonable explanation is money.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-18-activision-patented-method-of-tuning-matchmaking-to-boost-microtransactions

Activision has patented a method of matchmaking designed to increase a player's spend on microtransactions. This system would deliberately pair you with someone who had a premium item to show off, in the hope you would see and then spend money on it yourself.
No, they’re not rigging the game, and no, the nerfs are not some nefarious plot to cheat you out of wins.

And you call yourself MVP. Sure, those are all theories , but they knew damn well that nerfing Druid that bad, will get him out of play.

And..OP has a point. They knew damn well that Hunter decks ( yes, more then one ) are very, very OP in comparation with others and yet .. they somehow greenlighted that.

...why?!
conspriacy theories

If I had told you Activision had a patent to rig games to encourage loot box sales, you would have called it a conspiracy theory too. Yet that's exactly what Activision did.

Why is the game left so Unbalanced?

[quote]https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-18-activision-patented-method-of-tuning-matchmaking-to-boost-microtransactions

Activision has patented a method of matchmaking designed to increase a player's spend on microtransactions. This system would deliberately pair you with someone who had a premium item to show off, in the hope you would see and then spend money on it yourself.

The real question is why you continue to play a game that you are convinced is “rigged”.
01/29/2019 02:02 PMPosted by KABAL

And you call yourself MVP. Sure, those are all theories , but they knew damn well that nerfing Druid that bad, will get him out of play.

And..OP has a point. They knew damn well that Hunter decks ( yes, more then one ) are very, very OP in comparation with others and yet .. they somehow greenlighted that.

...why?!
There are decks above, equal with, and slightly below each of Hunter's decks.

Yes, the popularity of the class is pretty annoying right now. Don't make it out to be OP compared to everything else though, because it isn't.

Why is the game left so Unbalanced?

[quote]https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-18-activision-patented-method-of-tuning-matchmaking-to-boost-microtransactions

The real question is why you continue to play a game that you are convinced is “rigged”.

Hope! That's why. Same for me!

But no worries, HS is going down the heel very fast. I know, you will then say how do I know, right? :)
01/29/2019 02:05 PMPosted by Guldin

I haven't touched hunter infested ranked mode in months.

Why do you think I made this thread.

...why?!

Extreme incompetence?

...why?!

I’m all ears. Please explain how it works in Hearthstone and how it’s affecting you.

I have actually read the patent and I think there’s a variety of problems to Hearthstone implementation.
conspriacy theories

Oft-quoted, never accurate. It does not exist in Hearthstone. Try again.

This thread is going nowhere, by the way. Everything you’ve said has been repeatedly claimed and every time debunked.

The game is not rigged. If you think the devs are lying to you in order to make you lose, you should quit the game. Because there’s nothing they or I or anyone can say that will convince you otherwise.
01/29/2019 02:02 PMPosted by Kinakino

Having a patent on a thing doesn't mean you've put it into practice. It means that no one else can create the same system without infringing on your patent and owing you money. I doubt they'd implement such a system in a 1v1 game because there would be literal riots among the playerbase if that ever became public.
I’d also like to claim that my losses are based on an unfair ‘rigged’ algorithm.

But that’s flat out not true. My losses generally are my own fault, or based on the quality of my opposition. Hopefully I am slowly improving from each loss; I’d certainly never improve if I blamed my losses on some imaginary coding.

Oft-quoted, never accurate. It does not exist in Hearthstone. Try again.

This thread is going nowhere, by the way. Everything you’ve said has been repeatedly claimed and every time debunked.

The game is not rigged. If you think the devs are lying to you in order to make you lose, you should quit the game. Because there’s nothing they or I or anyone can say that will convince you otherwise.

Stop feeding him. You are putting yourself in the defensive after every accusation which is exactly how trolls want the discussion to flow.

Let him explain how it works. And cook up some popcorn because it’s bound to be a hilariously bad explanation.
conspriacy theories

Holy cow! He’s right!

After I lose the game is showing me my opponent’s decks so I can craft them!
Hlap! I'm being tormented by GHOSTS!

They cannot be seen, felt, smelt, heard, tasted, or detected with any known sense to humans, animals, or scientific instrumentation. They are not a part of this or any known dimension, world, or plane of existence. But they're REAL and they're making me lose games in Hearthstone!

I demand that Blizzard - and everyone else on the planet - expend huge amounts of time, labor, wealth, and resources to do whatever stupid thing I demand to address this problem!
"I wanna go faces"
"Face is the Place"

"Me Trade? No"
"Me go Face? Yep"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jenlSf2E8o

Running sequenced decks since it started. Just wasn't as obvious.

Difference now is everyone have Stonehill Defender to TarCreeper turn 3 vs Silverback Patriarch.

Turn 1's are now Firefly and Righteous Protector etc. Turn 2 Hero power or Secret. Turn 3 see above or Kirin. Turn 4 is Flanking Strike or Chaingang, Turn 5 is Zilliax or Spellstone, Turn 6 is DK Rexxar...

Everyone now knows how the game flows and you have to make the best deck to deck with the "stages" of the game. Don't have that card or your deck isn't good vs your opponents (matchmaking system). Win/Lose

My friend fell back to classic Hunter and Odd Rogue. He couldn't win and suddenly he was winning again. Thats funny cause my Odd Rogue can't win but my Odd Paladin now does where it failed before.

I wanna go faces - everyone knows face is the place....
One way I could see Blizz employing some sort of rigging that makes sense would be to either make the gold bought packs have lower rates of "good" cards than $$ bought packs. I'm not saying that's the case, just that they might be and that it would benefit them by encouraging $$ purchases over gold purchases.

Another possible way they'd benefit by rigging would be to make it so good cards you got from purchases become more likely to be drawn during the next handful of matches. That way you get to see and experience that new shiny stuff you just got and maybe be encouraged to buy more. Again, not saying they're doing this, but they could be.

Lastly, nobody here knows with absolute certainty if there are or are not any sort of shenanigans going on with matchmaking or draws or purchases. Personally, I not think there are, but I don't know for sure. And neither does anyone else posting here. Believe what you believe. Rigged. Not rigged. Does it really matter? Are you having fun playing the game? If yes, then keep playing. If no, then stop. If Blizz came out and said today that they do rig the draw to get your new cards to the top of the pile, I'd still play. The game's still the same; I just know a little more about some of the inner workings.
01/29/2019 01:52 PMPosted by Kinakino
You claim as developers that you're not rigging matches after the Activision patent that explicitly details rigging matches.

Please read up on these things before making claims.

As well, please search out topics before posting on them. It helps to avoid spam such as this.

Thank you.