Strange scenes switching between forum topics

Play Mode Discussion
Has anyone else noticed strange things happening when you "return to forum" after reading a topic. Now instead of just a white screen, there's images on it for that brief second. Sometimes there is writing. Is this a hacking thing?
Doesn't happen every time...I just tried again and a few screens were clean, then again a weird imaging. Going to run a virus checker i guess, though if it's a problem on blizz' end it probably wouldn't trigger anything on my scan.
02/15/2019 01:16 AMPosted by Kryss
Is this a hacking thing?

No, not hacking. I think it might be something with how browser loads the website. What you are seeing, is an HTML code before it is converted to graphics. I do not see this on PC, but if I am on my phone, then yes, I also do see it.

I am not sure what might be causing it. It might be that the hardware is not fast enough to do all the calculations, thus it starts displaying before Graphics are applied. Or it might be just an unoptimized code that gives some errors.
I got a new gaming computer in december when all the sales were happening so I don't think it's a hardware problem. I just thought with all the weird stuff happening on the forums by hackers this might be a new thing by them although for what purpose I haven't a clue. I just ran 2 different virus checkers and I'm clean. One of the images looks like a man in a bowler hat. It's bizarre. maybe just some coder having fun?
02/15/2019 01:49 AMPosted by Kryss
One of the images looks like a man in a bowler hat.

I just tried capturing this on my phone, and by the looks of it, the Image that I get is that of my Avatar. And as I said, does not happen on my PC, but on Mobile almost every time.

https://i.imgur.com/Okh8xnP.jpg

But it is definitely nothing to do with hacking. It is just and HTML code without any fancy graphics.
Thank you very much.
I just saw something about this in the bug forums. Appears to be an issue with Chrome since their last update. I just checked with Microsoft edge, it's working normally. I guess it's nothing to be alarmed about, but annoying and weird.
CSS is taking time to load
Happens to me too. And I'm using Chrome as well
Happens when using chrome on my desktop and also android phone.
I got a new gaming computer in december when all the sales were happening so I don't think it's a hardware problem. I just thought with all the weird stuff happening on the forums by hackers this might be a new thing by them although for what purpose I haven't a clue. I just ran 2 different virus checkers and I'm clean. One of the images looks like a man in a bowler hat. It's bizarre. maybe just some coder having fun?

Are you sure it's not a tinfoil hat?
02/15/2019 08:32 AMPosted by HighPants

Rude~ but yes, I do also think OP was seeing too much into this.

But isn't the image, the human shaped figure on the upper right corner of Blizzard's sites, the ones you click to log-in or change account info and whatnot? I don't get this recently, but back in my old phone, and when connection is slow, I used to get these unfinished load homepage thing, which might be what OP is describing. And under the human shaped figure, something related to account stuff (it's been a while, so I might not be remembering correctly).
And here I was, hoping for the start of a nice creepy pasta.
Been seeing this for a couple weeks too. Always on PC with Chrome, never on tablet (also Chrome) that I recall. Yep, definitely just a delay in the full page loading.

I just assumed Blizz is messing around with the back-end, updating or whatnot.

Or maybe the squirrels that power the page loading got laid off, too. CEO and the investors got to get all the bucks they can - and acorns ain't free.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Rude~ but yes, I do also think OP was seeing too much into this.

Most of the times I can't help myself. It's just too easy
Sombras at it again!
I just saw it for the first time, white background with something large in it.
did you end up buying packs at retail?
02/16/2019 09:34 AMPosted by SuperLegend
did you end up buying packs at retail?

If that was addressed at me then no, it was just on log in. Haven't spent money on this game for about 3 expansions.