Question for MTG players

Play Mode Discussion
Is someone well versed to produce the number or percentages of cards that every year are:

a. Carried over
b. Recycled back
c. New
Do you also go to Burger King and ask if they know if McDonalds will bring the szechuan sauce back?

What a weird thing to ask on a Hearthstone forum...
02/19/2019 04:09 PMPosted by WarrenBleezy
Do you also go to Burger King and ask if they know if McDonalds will bring the szechuan sauce back?

If I was asking the BK staff it would be weird.

But I am not asking Blizz. This is for all the people in this forum constantly comparing HS to MTG.
How about try the mtg forums?
02/19/2019 04:21 PMPosted by Marcoscongas
02/19/2019 04:09 PMPosted by WarrenBleezy

But I am not asking Blizz. This is for all the people in this forum constantly comparing HS to MTG.

If you asked customers, it would be weird too. :)

And you are not comparing HS to MTG, you are asking about something that has absolutely nothing to do with Hearthstone.

It's also something that you can just google.
02/19/2019 03:36 PMPosted by Marcoscongas
Is someone well versed to produce the number or percentages of cards that every year are:

a. Carried over
b. Recycled back
c. New

a) 4 sets

Not sure on b and c
<span class="truncated">...</span>

And you are not comparing HS to MTG, you are asking about something that has absolutely nothing to do with Hearthstone.

So I went to BK and multiple costumers complained that BK was nerfing the basic sauces to push people to buy their new sauces, and McD has a sauce rotation and BK should do that instead.

Later on a different day I went back and I asked those costumers how the McD sauce rotation works.

Then without having been in the original conversation you barged in rudely and called me a weirdo and told me to goggle it.

a. Carried over
b. Recycled back
c. New

Assuming A is asking about the size of the Standard format, it is identical to Hearthstone. You get 2 blocks (year of ___ in Hearthstone) and a Core Set (Classic in Hearthstone).

As for release timing of core sets in MTG there have been changes in recent years:

https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Core_set

Notice the 3 year gap between Origins and 2019? I wasn't actively playing during that time and am not researching it, so best of luck.

What went on while I was playing, and what you can clearly see there is that Hearthstones Hall of Fame and the amount of change in the early MTG sets reflect each other very well. Alpha/Beta/Unlimited are frequently thought of as the same set with different print runs because the game was brand new. So look at revised vs unlimited. Also, cards like Birds of Paradise never really go away. I can buy that thing in a recent set (4 days ago) or break out my gold plated platinum card (I see them listed as low as $3,500 with 10 seconds worth of searching) and buy one from 1993.

"New" cards in MTG are a funny thing too, particularly in core sets. Very frequently I see cards that are identical in all but name to an older card. Next most frequently are cards that are nerfed versions of older cards (Shock vs Lightning Bolt).

Not sure what any of that accomplishes for you, but there it is.
02/19/2019 05:26 PMPosted by Marcoscongas

So I went to BK and multiple costumers complained that BK was nerfing the basic sauces to push people to buy their new sauces, and McD has a sauce rotation and BK should do that instead.

Later on a different day I went back and I asked those costumers how the McD sauce rotation works.

Then without having been in the original conversation you barged in rudely and called me a weirdo and told me to goggle it.

I didn't barge in... I was the first one to reply....weirdo
02/19/2019 05:46 PMPosted by Ace0Spadez83

a. Carried over
b. Recycled back
c. New

Assuming A is asking about the size of the Standard format, it is identical to Hearthstone. You get 2 blocks (year of ___ in Hearthstone) and a Core Set (Classic in Hearthstone).

As for release timing of core sets in MTG there have been changes in recent years:

https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Core_set

Notice the 3 year gap between Origins and 2019? I wasn't actively playing during that time and am not researching it, so best of luck.

What went on while I was playing, and what you can clearly see there is that Hearthstones Hall of Fame and the amount of change in the early MTG sets reflect each other very well. Alpha/Beta/Unlimited are frequently thought of as the same set with different print runs because the game was brand new. So look at revised vs unlimited. Also, cards like Birds of Paradise never really go away. I can buy that thing in a recent set (4 days ago) or break out my gold plated platinum card (I see them listed as low as $3,500 with 10 seconds worth of searching) and buy one from 1993.

"New" cards in MTG are a funny thing too, particularly in core sets. Very frequently I see cards that are identical in all but name to an older card. Next most frequently are cards that are nerfed versions of older cards (Shock vs Lightning Bolt).

Not sure what any of that accomplishes for you, but there it is.

I am trying to figure what we should be asking for and expecting of a rotation of classic/basic cards in HS, that is often referenced most notably by Brian Kibler.

Your post was very helpful to explain that new content in MTG is different and Apples to Apple comparison is often poor between the two. I guess that if HS is around for 20+ years there will probably be a “counter to everything” develop at some point.