Your opinion: who is getting hit the hardest in april?

Play Mode Discussion
When April hits and cards go...who do you think gets hit the hardest?
I know the Paladins losing Vinecleaver and unidentified maul. Sunkeeper Tarim, righteous protector,hydrologist,and lost in the jungle.
Pretty big hit there to Pally...so what's your thoughts?
Also couldn't help but notice fire fly and dire mole leaving...gonna be lonely on turn one come April ;)
Priest and Mage

Mage because well their DK is gone

Priest well their removal and dk is gone
Priest. Shadow Vision has been carrying the class for a LONG time now.
Warlock is going to have its ups and downs.

Locks have always had a fairly decent late game, but losing DK Gul’dan, Skull, and Cubes means they’ll have to revert to some of their older decks for Standard, and I’m not 100% sure what it will look like. Also, while they’ll always have the ever-excellent Hellfire and Twisting Nether, they are losing Defile and their Spellstone, creating a potential weakness to new aggro decks.

On the flip side, Zoo will almost always have a viable deck. Sure, Keleseth and Happy Ghouls are gone, but now the 2 slot is free for cards they couldn’t run before.

The new set’s 1 drops will likely determine how good aggro ends up being. A lot of aggro decks today run minions like Fire Fly, Dire Mole and Argent Squire, and while much weaker than the old pre-nerf Leper Gnomes and Abusive Sergeants, are still staples to ensuring an early board. Zoo is lucky to have Flame Imp, but it will still need good 1’s to survive.
Mage is far and away the biggest loser.

Without FLJ, the class is toast.

Priest is also in a bad spot without Shadow Visions/Radiant Elemental, which has served as the engine for a lot of its combos/synergies.
Everyclass is getting rekt
Isn't it possible they'll release new weps/DK versions come April to replace that which rotates? Didn't warr and hunter get a new DK?
Druid might be in real trouble. They completely destroyed his classic cards and pretty much all the good cards he currently has are rotating out.
02/22/2019 11:38 PMPosted by Swift
Mage is far and away the biggest loser.

Without FLJ, the class is toast.

Priest is also in a bad spot without Shadow Visions/Radiant Elemental, which has served as the engine for a lot of its combos/synergies.

Can you believe she's not in the top deck secret odd mage?
I took out one funglemancer and put her in just cause she's beast like that.

And this may sound crazy to some but I think dragons furry and meteor being gone will have a bigger impact than FLJ!
You kinda need to make it to turn nine alive to play her.
Receive the hardest hits:
1. Druid
2. Priest
3. Hunter

Knights of the Frozen Throne, might be one of the most degenerated expansion since Meanstreet of Gadgetzan... followed closely by Kobolds. This rotation can be great if Blizzard doesn't mess it up... by just giving another insane set of cards.

Class that won't feel much change:
1. Shaman
2. Warrior
3. Rogue

Those classes have balanced/underpowered cards in Mammoth set. Reckless Flurry is only relevant because of Baku, while Freeze/Murloc Shaman never became a thing.
I would say hunter is going to get hit the hardest; death rattle hunter is completely dead. no DSR, spellstone, to my side, wandering monster, venom strike trap or roch’delar means spell/secret hunters are both dead and midrange loses dire mole, candle shot and razormaw to it’s early game so that’s a lot of power lost. I would say unless they get allot of support in the next expansion Hunter is going right back to just playing zoo and hoping for the best
This one's easy, while I play Wild where none of this rotation matters, answer is Rexxar.

DK Rexxar leaving standard-Hunter is a giant-deal.
Barring what they create, there is no 1-card becomes your deck for non-aggro hunters.

Hunters won't have heal, or cards.

So card-advantage now will matter again for Rexxar first time since 2017 Knights.
Rexxar won't have heals first time since then. Effective-healing and card-generation, repeatedly for 2 mana custom, are real big deals.

Runner ups?
Warlock (DK Dan) and Mage (DK Shivers).
4th place Paladin (OTK).

DK's ruined the game and should of been 3-month cards, not Wild-forever cards.

Rogue will be untouched since Shadowstep + Coldlight is the only problem Classic set cards/combo, and Blizz keeps turning their shoulder on it and nerfing unproblematic box-out cards like Equality / Growth / FWA. Should Coldlight be untargeable for shadowstep? yea, like yesterday. Should Shadowstep be nerfed? Maybe, it's better than leaving Shadowstep your Coldlight Turn-2 alone forever.
Priest is dead.

Twilight's Call, Twilight Acolyte, Duskbreaker, Psychic Scream, Diamond Spellstone, Gilded Gargoyle, Shadow Ascendant, Eternal Servitude, Spirit Lash, Shadowreaper Anduin, Shadow Essence, Benedictus, Obsidian Statue, Awaken the Makers, Crystalline Oracle, Radiant Elemental, Glimmerroot, Mirage Caller, Tortollan Shellraiser, Lyra, and Free From Amber.

And, most crucially, Shadow Visions, which will kill off the DS/IF shenanigans (good riddance) and increase the amount of AOE Priest needs to run, even though it really doesn't have any to choose from right now.

That's 22 cards I'd consider good to great.

Those are the cards that Priest is losing that have appeared at some point in competitive decks.

What's left to build on? Mass Hysteria, Coffin Crasher, Dead Ringer, Reckless Experimenter, Cloning Gallery, Bwonsamdi/Spirits package.

02/23/2019 03:20 AMPosted by Thorodan
Rogue will be untouched since Shadowstep + Coldlight is the only problem Classic set

Coldlight Oracle has been in the Hall of Fame for like a year now.
Priest loses shadow visions, psychic scream, anduin, all resurrects, ticking abomination, radiant elemental, and duskbreaker.

So yeah. The class is probably toast. All its current archetypes lose core cards that make them viable. It will need a major boost to remain relevant
I was thinking Hunter at first, but at least Hunter can still play. They can always play. Priest practically doesn't have any playable cards left.
02/23/2019 02:52 AMPosted by Warsong
Class that won't feel much change:
1. Shaman
2. Warrior
3. Rogue
uhhh not so sure about that...

Rogue loses essentially every remaining miracle rogue card. Elven minstrel and faldorei strider. Cold blood got nerfed, so no more leeroy burst shenanigans. It loses shadowblade so the current raiding party lists die too. It doesn't have a counterfeit coin, which heavily hurts auctioneer lists as well.

Tempo rogue doesn't lose much but it's middling at best now
Druid is pretty much done, they lose all the Broken/Good cards that made it good, then on top of that their basic set got nerfed. This class will be meme status.
02/23/2019 07:27 AMPosted by Sagevallant
02/23/2019 03:20 AMPosted by Thorodan
Rogue will be untouched since Shadowstep + Coldlight is the only problem Classic set

Coldlight Oracle has been in the Hall of Fame for like a year now.
Wild is where Coldlight Oracle lives, where HoF has zero-effect. Did you assume I was talking about Standard? Did you assume I was saying Shadow Light is a problem in Standard or something redic? Isn't it implied ShadowLight is Wild?

Don't you think everyone knows Coldlight Shadow is Wild?
Why would you mention Coldlight Shadow is HoF...when that's understood w/o words and has no-bearing on it being beyond overplayed in wild?

Like ShadowColdight is super-overplayed, but why would mentioning that ShadowLight is HoF have anything to do with how overpowered Shadowlight is?

Wouldn't everyone just-know ShadowLight is wild-only?
Would everyone just-know HoF doesn't affect Wild?

I'm lost as to why you'd say "hey Shadow Light is HoF...as if we are talking about standard and cannot speak of wild"

Rogue will be untouched w Rotation bc of ShadowLight being Classic.
This means Wild Rogue.
A mode that matters, and isn't assumed to be backburner.
Pretty much every class is posing some major stuff in this rotation.

For shaman... they lose volcano, elementals, unstable evolution, tidal surge, healing rain...

So pretty much all of the cards that allowed a slower shaman deck to work. Aggressive shamans are a bit less impacted, but also quite dead.

Warlocks lose DK Gul'Dan and cube, which kills off every strategy they have been relying on other than zoo, which will never die because of the hero power.

Priests lose psychic scream, revives, and shadow visions, effectively killing every deck they use right now.

Hunter drops DK Rexxar, candleshot, razormaw, and flanking strike. I doubt this will kill them, but I doubt they will still be top tier after rotation without them.

Overall, this rotation seems like it will be a seismic shift in the meta. Very few decks seem like they will be able to remain mostly the same afterward (only secret odd mage, odd paladin, and odd warrior seem like they would be mostly functional with the current card sets that won't rotate).
02/23/2019 09:04 AMPosted by Thorodan
Wild is where Coldlight Oracle lives

I mean, the title of the thread is "Who Gets Hit Hardest in April", so I'm sorry. I thought you were joining in the discussion of the thread, rather than wandering into a Standard thread to complain about something in Wild.