Reporting Battle Tags Needed

Play Mode Discussion
Please create a method by which players can report in appropriate or offensive battle tags. I encountered one today that was not appropriate given the fact that this game is open to children, but despite the screen capture and the fact that it was the last game that I had played, the representative I chatted with (Ticket ID US66805234) said that there was no way to track the owner down and remedy the situation. I was disappointed at this answer. A company with the history and sophistication of Blizzard should do a better job of safeguarding the players. Thank you.
I imagine that this person’s name was hilarious.
Stop whining about words because your “think about the children” nonsense.

The only thing that needs safeguarding is intelligent life, from people like you, who can procreate without limitation.
Yes, this is normal for game companies, not enforcing ethics, integrity, or even their own terms of service, if it costs them money/effort.

What I do is use Hearthstone deck tracker and re-arrange the UI to cover the opponent's name with their decklist, so I never have to be disgusted or distracted by the names, unless I want to peek and see for future reference.
02/24/2019 02:14 PMPosted by LadySigrid
Please create a method by which players can report in appropriate or offensive battle tags. I encountered one today that was not appropriate given the fact that this game is open to children, but despite the screen capture and the fact that it was the last game that I had played, the representative I chatted with (Ticket ID US66805234) said that there was no way to track the owner down and remedy the situation. I was disappointed at this answer. A company with the history and sophistication of Blizzard should do a better job of safeguarding the players. Thank you.

OK, glad you're worried about kids.

I agree Blizzard should have some monitoring of in game names and chat conversations.

I'm curious, why do you think we need to know the ticket number?

Lastly, lets not fool ourselves and think kids don't see worse things than a play on words in a video game.
02/25/2019 09:50 AMPosted by Right

OK, glad you're worried about kids.

I agree Blizzard should have some monitoring of in game names and chat conversations.

I'm curious, why do you think we need to know the ticket number?

Lastly, lets not fool ourselves and think kids don't see worse things than a play on words in a video game.
At least we can all sleep well knowing that they won't have to see Jaina's cleavage.

When you read the reply's, you'll understand why Blizzard doesn't do anything, just read what the other people are writing to you. There is no integrity in HS, Blizzard is NOT known for enforcing their rules. Their rules are whatever they want em to be and to often not, they're what makes them the most money.

For a quick example, take this game HS. It's a competitive game where some guys use it to measure their genitals or build up their ego. Blizzard knows this cuz this is how they marketed it ;)

Best advice I could give you is to either ignore/cover up opponents names as already mentioned or simply ignore the "idiots" of the world/this game etc. There are those of us who still hold onto traditional values then there's the "idiot" new gens who despise tradition and the only thing they wish to contribute is chaos.

Good luck o/
02/25/2019 10:06 AMPosted by ReaprOfSouls

When you read the reply's, you'll understand why Blizzard doesn't do anything, just read what the other people are writing to you. There is no integrity in HS, Blizzard is NOT known for enforcing their rules. Their rules are whatever they want em to be and to often not, they're what makes them the most money.

For a quick example, take this game HS. It's a competitive game where some guys use it to measure their genitals or build up their ego. Blizzard knows this cuz this is how they marketed it ;)

Best advice I could give you is to either ignore/cover up opponents names as already mentioned or simply ignore the "idiots" of the world/this game etc. There are those of us who still hold onto traditional values then there's the "idiot" new gens who despise tradition and the only thing they wish to contribute is chaos.

Good luck o/

IT CAN BE USED TO MEASURE MY GENITALS!!???

Learn something new every day!

I am four Ragnaros' is that good?

(runs away to get a larger screen)
Hilarious battletags should be encouraged not shamed. How dare you ruin people's fun.
yea, this distorts my view on the company.

they can make a billion $ in profits but cant get a bot to handle this simple task.

sure its not that big a deal, but it is very offensive, quite possibly worth a lawsuit as people complain about more simple things.

bunch of scumbags out there.
If obnoxious people want to label themselves as such with offensive battle tags, you should be pleased that they were considerate enough to label themselves.

Imagine how much easier it would be if people in RL went around wearing signs over their head containing explicit language, racist slurs, etc.

You'd know right away to stay away from them.

In almost every game I have ever played there are certain words/symbols/characters that will not make it past the filter.

Players with these "offensive" battletags should be appreciated for their creativity and commitment to having that battletag pop up on their friends list...in every Blizzard game they play.

As for the children, have you ever talked to a bus driver? My brother's GF used to drive a bus and has had to stop kids from trying to screw on a schoolbus. They see and hear a lot from their friends/classmates.

Unless you're willing to lock up and homeschool your child 24/7, they will be exposed. And if you shelter them too much, they will probably grow up, move away and never speak to you.
If you are a concern parent and love your children take away their phone privages because the places they wonder to is unsafe and are susceptible of being victims to online predators
No company keeps track of it once your children has gone missing it becomes a police case missing person case. Law enforcement has been trying to work with companies to keep track of it customers but fact no company keeps track your child will always be in an unsafe environment
You know what else helps? talking to your children and raising them into productive social human beings.
I would prefer if my kids have the knowledge of a sailor's mouth and know when is apropiate to use said vocabulary, if ever, than them being social introverts that whine beacuse the sun rose in the morning.