Hunter nerfs make no sense

Play Mode Discussion
Spellstone: with DK Rexxar, Zuljin, flanking strike, to my side, Secrets, Putricide, and more, there could be a viable tier 1 even hunter around the corner.

DK Rexxar: let's compare this card to hagatha, an 8 cost hero in shaman.
Battlecries: R deals 2 damage to all ENEMIES, while H deals 3 damage to ANY minion, i'd say R is better.
Hero Power: H gives you random shaman spells only after you play a minion- rendering most spells useless, while R creates infinite minions and depends on NOTHING, meaning it probably has the best hero power in the history of HS.
Conclusion: Rexxar is light years ahead, and costs 6 mana, should be nerfed 8-9 mana (and would still see play in 90% of hunter decks)

That being said the nerfs made to Hunter makes no sense at all, it slightly slows down spell hunter, but creates a new, faster and even more aggressive even hunter.
More aggressive even hunter? With no springpaw, diremole, kill command, animal companion, deadly shot, eagle horn bow, candle shot, unleash the hounds, baited arrow, king crush and probably a few more I’ve missed...that’s about 50%+ of the hunter net deck so if you want to replace all of those just for a hero power at 1 cost go right ahead...I’m sure it will be fine...
I agree hunter's mark was an odd choice, but you'd have to be blind to think the spellstone was uncalled for. It is complained about more than anything else barring Rexxar himself.
01/31/2019 01:54 PMPosted by Hazama
I agree hunter's mark was an odd choice, but you'd have to be blind to think the spellstone was uncalled for. It is complained about more than anything else barring Rexxar himself.

I was probably unclear given that English is my 3rd language, but I believed the stone should be nerfed to 7.

Comparisons to warrior's stone were made 5-6 times the last couple of months, and that much value whixh might be combined with Zuljin (in an even deck) makes no sense.
Sorry but...

It just not works as people think. The deck not have synergy enough to work in a secret shell because it will lack finishers.

The 1 mana hero power isn't enough and you can't put all your hope in a single card if you're on a agressive gameplan like a list like this does with spellstones.

It will not last 2 weeks.

It is more easy a even mage start see play than that list survive.
Well I undeestand everyone's take that even hunter won't be a thing, we can disagree, but what about the actual "balance"?

Do you think DK Rexxar staying at 6 mana is ok?
Spellstone from 5 to 6 really makes that much of a difference?!
01/31/2019 01:58 PMPosted by TheGreatGoku
01/31/2019 01:54 PMPosted by Hazama

I was probably unclear given that English is my 3rd language, but I believed the stone should be nerfed to 7.

Comparisons to warrior's stone were made 5-6 times the last couple of months, and that much value whixh might be combined with Zuljin (in an even deck) makes no sense.
No prob and kudos on speaking multiple languages I wish I could myself lol. Yeah I am not sure how big of an impact it will have honestly, we'll just have to wait and see.
hunters mark was the same card as execute but in reverse, so it probably made about the same amount of sense to apply the same fix.
People are overhyping even hunter. It loses KC, Animal Companion, deck cycling tools in Tracking, etc.

I'm excited to try it out, though.
01/31/2019 02:05 PMPosted by TheGreatGoku
Well I undeestand everyone's take that even hunter won't be a thing, we can disagree, but what about the actual "balance"?

don't be silly, if they nerfed Rexxar... they would actually have to give dust back to peopole!

we can't have that. let's nerf some basics and commons instead, more $$ for activision this way!
pfft just play one of the other 8 or 9 1 2 3 RNG Hunter decks.

Example

Play 1/1 rush spring paw
Drop Scavenging Hyena turn 2 always there. Now kill your rush lynx coin and play another spring paw
Now Summon Huffer

Everyone knows face is the place.
Be nice to people? Nope
Turn 7 Lethal? Yep

And dont forget to summon DK Rexxar on turn 6 because DK Rexxar can always be summoned on turn 6.
https://imgur.com/a/FIJBL3V

Make your endless poison/lifesteal X minions

Another win for DK Rexxar. Patterned to perfection...

Because the game is designed to NOT be random.

DK Rexxar is the biggest offender in all hunter archetypes.
WAY worse than than Spellstone.
Even then, like you said, Spell Stone from 5 mana to 6 mana won't make any difference.
01/31/2019 05:36 PMPosted by Naby

DK Rexxar is the biggest offender in all hunter archetypes.
WAY worse than than Spellstone.
Even then, like you said, Spell Stone from 5 mana to 6 mana won't make any difference.

but
i lost more games to the spellstone than rexxar
For feedback on the recent changes, please post feedback in the main thread.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20771096934

Thank you.