Grind vs Money

Community Discussion
This is the new way of advancing in gaming. And it will cost you.

You have 2 choices, spend hours playing, or spend money.
That is the bottom line.

Pay to win ? Yes.
Or grind to win.

Your choice.
Go play minefield if you want free.

You expect quality you should expect to PAY for quality.

And if you're going to retort with "blizzard sux blahs blah" then just for the love of God LEAVE without parroting typical self-entitled whining.
What?
Dude, I pay to win. I will not grind.
And those who grind to win, "My respect to you." For you guys are the true gamers.

This is the gaming industry.
I do not belittle those who can not pay to advanace.
I am just pointing out the obvious to those who complain about "pay to win".
So for you to think I am complaining about the bottom line, or "blah blah blah", screw you.
The play for free people get ALL my respect.
And maybe one day everyone will be pay to win.
02/20/2019 06:55 PMPosted by SlickRaven
What?
And those who grind to win, "My respect to you." For you guys are the true gamers.

So for you to think I am complaining about the bottom line, or "blah blah blah", screw you.

You're actually DUMB enough to spend money on this game???

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

I guess there's a sucker born every freakin' minute, huh?
02/21/2019 05:24 PMPosted by CrazyIntent
02/20/2019 06:55 PMPosted by SlickRaven
What?

You're actually DUMB enough to spend money on this game???

I guess there's a sucker born every freakin' minute, huh?

What you choose to spend your allowance on is your business, mocking someone over what they choose to spend their money on is immature and only makes you look salty.
Everyone is pay to win.
In fact, everyone is paying, but not always winning.
Pay for the phone/PC, the internet service, the electricity for the charge/power. Even blizz pays for the same things.
02/13/2019 06:11 PMPosted by SlickRaven
This is the new way of advancing in gaming. And it will cost you.

You have 2 choices, spend hours playing, or spend money.
That is the bottom line.

Pay to win ? Yes.
Or grind to win.

Your choice.

It's an F2P CCG. What part of that made you think you would just open an account and have all the most powerful cards?

I don't recommend spending money because you either pay a ton or grind your way up with dailies and arenas anyway. You'd have to sell a kidney to buy enough packs to play whatever you want at the start.
The worst thing about the grind (atleast the 100g/day, with 10g per 3 wins) is that it supports playing fast aggro decks and only rewards winning. Pretty meh.
“Grind for free, or pay for shortcuts.”

Depending on how it’s handled, it’s actually not a terrible system. Take World of Warcraft where you can elect to just buy yourself a max level character. On one hand, it “saves hours and hours” to buy your way there, but on the other, the leveling is an actual part of the game that you’re missing out on by just maxing immediately, and you’d miss out on battlegrounds, world pvp, questing, and the entire process of learning and nurturing a new character. It’s a service that’s basically tailored towards those who have already leveled characters in the past and already know the story, not something anyone should do right off the bat.

On the other hand, you have a system like Vindictus. Oh look, you have a +8 enhanced weapon? You need +10 to even function, +12 ideally. Oh no, you want to enhance your weapon? Enjoy a 50% chance of losing your weapon completely in the attempt to make +9. Unless, of course, you buy an enhancement rune for $4; it won’t guarantee the enhancement, but it will prevent a single failure, so better buy two to be safe, so you can go from 8 to 10 without losing 50 hours of grinding! But this is totally not pay to win guys, because you can just farm for another 50 hours for a new weapon instead of using runes! And that was just enhancement, now you gotta get into enchantment, which has its own protection rune racket going on!

Seriously. Pay to shortcut is fine, if the alternative is reasonable. I’m not a big Hearthstone player, and I don’t preorder ever, but I don’t feel like I’m behind by playing normally; even if my collection is a mite smaller, I have dust to fill gaps, and regularly hang around rank 5. Not like Vindictus where, if you did not spend money, you either underperformed or overfarmed to compensate, and that was that.

Man, I don’t regret leaving, but I miss being able to supplex a dragon.