Is anything going to be done about Priest or not?

Play Mode Discussion
Ummm. Yeah. I think the world has had enough resurrect, psychic scream, unlimited removal, unlimited healing, yada yada etc. Right?

Its clear that the game sucks when priest is tier 0. Its impossible to deal with and the games are 100% awful in every way possible. Why havent the nerf bats hit priest yet? Is it going to happen soon? Or do we just keep conceding? Its entirely useless to even bother playing against this garbage.

Any news on proper nerfs like making psychic scream a legendary ONE-only card that costs 10 mana? Resurrect should cost 10 mana. Lots of other stuff too.

Thanks.
Yeah, actually. Did you not see the announcement?
April.... who knows maybe they'll do a March patch and change 12 cards this expansion =p
02/17/2019 01:58 PMPosted by Wardrum

No. What was the announcement?
same?
02/17/2019 02:04 PMPosted by MoarRNGplz
02/17/2019 01:58 PMPosted by Wardrum

No. What was the announcement?
Ther one where they nerf every class we don't like into the ground so no one can:

1) go face before turn 5
2) use removal more than once per game
3) have a wincon

In all honesty I know things are still kinda nuts right now, but I'll still take this over "Play Cubelock or Aggrodin, or something that can beat one of those every time" we had last year.
Wall priest is not a problem if you don't play agro
02/17/2019 02:27 PMPosted by Wardrum
Play Cubelock or Aggrodin, or something that can beat one of those every time" we had last year.

Well we also had murloc paladin, spitefull summoners deck, tempo mage, jade druid etc.
Imo i prefer the last year meta like 1k times than this one. Although i hardly play anymore so i cant be sure 100% about whats happening.
02/17/2019 06:05 PMPosted by TheChemist
02/17/2019 02:27 PMPosted by Wardrum
Play Cubelock or Aggrodin, or something that can beat one of those every time" we had last year.

Well we also had murloc paladin, spitefull summoners deck, tempo mage, jade druid etc.
Imo i prefer the last year meta like 1k times than this one. Although i hardly play anymore so i cant be sure 100% about whats happening.
Same high power level, different actors. Largely fueled by the exact same Standard year.
Guess he’s done whining about hunters.
You know, I wish I could say "At least the rotation is coming and we can get back to normal decks," but Baku and Genn are still here so... nope. Even if we get away from them for a rotation somehow, I don't doubt the meta will be back to Even/Odd by the third expansion of the coming year.

It's probably going to be a year of ghosts rising from the grave every expansion. Start out with some pure Handlock, old school. That and Zoo, they like to come back when the power level of expansions is low. Hunter will go back to being a Face deck, Baku Hunter doesn't need much new stuff and a lot of lifesteal/healing is disappearing.

Priest will probably be back to being a Control deck, might even see a resurgence of card theft since all it's good cards are leaving. If you're sick of Priests killing you with their own cards, that's probably over. Unless something new and OP gets printed. Nesingwary is out, so if Mecha'thun Priest is going to be a thing it won't resemble what it is now.

Mecha'thun is awful, and you should all be ashamed for playing him. Hakkar is our one true savior, after all. Holy Wrath Paladin is still in the mix, Baleful Banker is apparently a Witchwood card. The lower power level after the Equality nerf will hurt, sure, but everything will be weaker.

Yup. I'm not convinced that this coming year is actually going to be any better than this year. RNGesus be with us.
02/17/2019 05:58 PMPosted by wardonis

but control dragon priest (wild and standard) and big priest are

02/17/2019 06:18 PMPosted by Guldin

at least, I did tell them hunter was the least of their evils, but even after the nerfs people still play hunter, even though is power level crippled and their main prey (rogue) went running... maybe people play hunter because they like it and not only because it was "OP"?

02/17/2019 07:34 PMPosted by Sagevallant
Yup. I'm not convinced that this coming year is actually going to be any better than this year. RNGesus be with us.

yup, time to leave for the year -but will it be worth to come back a year after?
02/17/2019 08:15 PMPosted by RhokDelar
02/17/2019 05:58 PMPosted by wardonis

but control dragon priest (wild and standard) and big priest are

02/17/2019 06:18 PMPosted by Guldin

at least, I did tell them hunter was the least of their evils, but even after the nerfs people still play hunter, even though is power level crippled and their main prey (rogue) went running... maybe people play hunter because they like it and not only because it was "OP"?

02/17/2019 07:34 PMPosted by Sagevallant

yup, time to leave for the year -but will it be worth to come back a year after?

I have lost confidence that the rotation will help anything. I miss the older HS that was minion based and most games were board battles. You had to be careful when to use your removal and aoe. You had to calculate damage. You had to deduce face versus trade. Now? Just remove everything for 15 turns and heal. Draw some cards. Win. That was skill laden. Right.

The power level and gimmicky nonsense is at an all time high. Remember when thought leeroy Jenkins was "UNfun" being able to kill you when you had like 18-20 health? Yeah. Those that claim that ought to come andplay now. They’d die of heart failure.
Why aren't they dominating the upper ranks then if "unbeatable"?
I am thinking the answer will be: Not.
I have always detested priest, in every meta, all the time. They keep giving them more cards that fit their class fantasy though: theft, endless cheap removal, big aoe, unkillable minions, endless insults..counters to every threat, big healing..yknow..!
02/18/2019 06:11 AMPosted by Tyani
I have always detested priest, in every meta, all the time. They keep giving them more cards that fit their class fantasy though: theft, endless cheap removal, big aoe, unkillable minions, endless insults..counters to every threat, big healing..yknow..!

I mean, Priest has the worst healing of the healing classes. The only difference being Quest & Amara, where it's the weakest of the quests in terms of what the reward actually does, except for arguably Hunter & Shaman. Blizzard doesn't want to give the class Tempo (and the devoted players don't really want it anyway), they're quoted as thinking that Priest's hero power would be too good in that style of deck. Card theft is kind of the class' unique mechanic, so you might as well complain about Druids ramping or Warriors generating armor... wait, people do that a lot, actually. Anyway, Burgle Rogues have seen more support than Theft Priest.

Endless Cheap removal? I'm not sure what you're talking about there, Priest's single target removal is Pain and Death. And I guess Holy Fire has snuck in finally. But no, the single target removal is mediocre to bad, they really don't print any good single target removal for the class.

AOE? Look, we just established that Blizzard doesn't want Priest to be a Tempo class. Every other type of deck requires good aoe, and Priest's core set AOE is absolute garbage. Core set in general is mostly garbage. So they can either buff the core set, or print new aoe for the class every year. I don't know why they went with "Print New AOE," because it's ruining Wild, but it's what the class needs in order to exist. They really should just fix the core set.
Priests are indeed infuriating, but they're always either really bad in a meta, or really good, they're never in the gray area of competitive classes, but not overpowered classes. Right now, I think they should receive a couple of tweaks, and of all their tools, what I think needs to be changed is Shadow vision. This spell is a win con on a stick, you need an extra Psychic scream ? Here it is. Y'need an extra spellstone ? Here it comes. etc etc.

Playing through 2 Psychic screams is hard, wait, here comes another one. No other class can duplicate spells they put in their decks, unless they're extremely lucky, and that is just an unfair advantage, on top of it, some of Priest spells are very freaking gamebreakingly good, like psychic scream and spellstone, or heck, mind!@#$ingblast. Y'know that feelin' when you battle toe to toe with a priest, hex his Maly and Velen so he can't rez them, and he kills you with 3 or 4 mindblasts to the face, without even needing magic power.

Copying spells in your deck is OP, there is a reason cards are capped at 2 (and legenaries at 1).
I agree.
I always dread the idea of priest being number one because that usually means that HS has entered a meta in which Blizzard has stuffed the class with completely broken cards (since they are still unable to change priest's poor base set for some reason). The whole resurrection mechanic is - what I find - the most stupidly broken mechanic in the entire game. The value of those cards is beyond any reason getting only more crazy in wild (where resurrecting any big stuff is apparently fair for 2 mana). Minions dying as 1/1s and then getting rezzed with full stats ... who designed this?!