A powerful solution to counter OTK decks

Play Mode Discussion
A simple tip I want to give all of you is to rush them down and finish the game as soon as possible. It really works! Don't stall the game and let them freely draw cards.

When I am playing my OTK decks, I am holding onto pieces of the combo for the majority of the match with nothing to do and wasting mana every turn. My opponent, on the other hand, spend majority of their time waiting for me playing minions so they can counter. This is not a good strategy to play against OTK decks.

Hope this helps.
Begone with your helpful suggestions! This forum is exclusively for whining about the last combo deck that beat you and demanding it be immediately nerfed into oblivion
02/22/2019 09:26 PMPosted by HailFall
Begone with your helpful suggestions! This forum is exclusively for whining about the last combo deck that beat you and demanding it be immediately nerfed into oblivion

*or the last aggro deck that beat your combo deck*
Lol, I gave legitimate suggestion for beating OTK. Got dislikes for it... What do you people want?
This post is giving spectacularly obvious advice. People already know that aggro is effective against most combo decks.
To play control and have a chance against OTK.
Also resetting there mana crystals to five helps out ;)
02/22/2019 09:36 PMPosted by Beaker
and I want world Peace, 50 dollars, and a pony
02/22/2019 10:10 PMPosted by HailFall
02/22/2019 09:36 PMPosted by Beaker
and I want world Peace, 50 dollars, and a pony

So, youre not gonna whine about aggro decks anymore then?!?

You have been doing well of late, so credit where its due, but practice what you preach.
02/22/2019 09:36 PMPosted by NerevarAgain
This post is giving spectacularly obvious advice. People already know that aggro is effective against most combo decks.

It is like saying we know that scissors beats paper, but we are playing rock instead until the day that rock beats paper.

If it is a solution that everyone knows, then people should be playing it. The fact that OTK gets so much complaints is because not enough people know it.
02/22/2019 09:00 PMPosted by Caonima
A simple tip I want to give all of you is to rush them down and finish the game as soon as possible. It really works! Don't stall the game and let them freely draw cards.

OR, let them draw all they want. And on top, you also help them to draw those cards. And you keep letting them draw until their hand is full, and then you "give" them a helping hand with more of that card draw since they seemed to like it so much.

But for some reason, after such help, they usually concede, and start swearing, calling me names and call my deck a BS mill deck...
Dude you're so smart, problem solved, can I ask for the meaning of life while you're at it?

Troll reward of 2019 has a strong competitor
02/23/2019 10:06 AMPosted by TheGreatGoku
Dude you're so smart, problem solved, can I ask for the meaning of life while you're at it?

While my response was meant to be trolly a bit, but it also was a suggestion for a potential counter. Mill decks counter combo pretty well, except Mecha'Thun...
02/23/2019 10:13 AMPosted by Mazvis

While my response was meant to be trolly a bit, but it also was a suggestion for a potential counter. Mill decks counter combo pretty well, except Mecha'Thun...

Reffered to the original poster (should have quoted probably), but seriously, aside of druid and mage (in the exodia deck) you can't really mill effectively.

I'd say best disruptor to otk is the no fun warlock deck.
We need a neutral card like dirty rat, and it would come in april according to devs.
02/23/2019 10:18 AMPosted by TheGreatGoku

Reffered to the original poster (should have quoted probably), but seriously, aside of druid and mage (in the exodia deck) you can't really mill effectively.

Well, with a bit of luck you can mill almost every deck. Big priest is my favorite, but almost all priest decks are decent victims that mill. And even some mid range decks are also very good for milling.

Well, my mill deck is not fully committed to mill. N'Zoth wins me almost as much games as milling does. Especially against decks that can add more card into their decks or when my coldlights are at the very bottom.
02/22/2019 09:35 PMPosted by Caonima
Lol, I gave legitimate suggestion for beating OTK. Got dislikes for it... What do you people want?

The problem is that your suggestion isn't helpful.

Aggro does not blanket beat the current OTK decks.

Very specific decks beat each one. If you arent running that very specific kind of deck, you aren't going to win.

There is no one strategy that beats all of the OTK/combo decks.

I believe from the bible, it is mention that the meaning of life is to be part of god's plan. I might be wrong on this one. I asked this question in church several years ago, i only vividly remember the answer.

One that works.
02/23/2019 10:37 AMPosted by Smeet

The problem is that your suggestion isn't helpful.

Aggro does not blanket beat the current OTK decks.

Very specific decks beat each one. If you arent running that very specific kind of deck, you aren't going to win.

There is no one strategy that beats all of the OTK/combo decks.

Try finishing the game before turn 6, how would that not counter OTK decks? I am a OTK player myself, i fear aggro the most.