Zola the Gorgon

Play Mode Discussion
Should not copy cost reductions on the card.
01/30/2019 02:12 PMPosted by EBSnike

Example?
01/30/2019 02:14 PMPosted by AnimeFood

Example?

Shirvallah.

Example?

I’m guessing it’s a Shirvalla situation, where the cost reduction is baked into the card being copied. Because in any other situation, cost reduction isn’t kept. If I’m playing Exoida mage and have a Simulacrum-ed apprentice discounted by Leyline, and Zola that back to my hand, the golden copy is still full price. Same should hold for Corridor Creeper.

If it were a Giant, or (I’m guessing) Shervallah, the cost reduction is based on a persistent game state and therefore new copies immediately benefit from the reduction.
It doesn't.
Zola doesn't copy modifications like cost reduction. Shirvallah itself looks at the amount of mana you've spent on spells in that match and discounts itself accordingly.
01/30/2019 02:19 PMPosted by EBSnike
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Example?

Shirvallah.

Shir's card reduction is based on spell cost cast that game. Zola isn't coping the reduction but the card it self. So when that card is copied it starts at 25 mana but then calculates the spells played and their total cost. This means that if you discover Shir, then it would instantly reduce based on spells total cost played.

it doesnt
01/30/2019 02:19 PMPosted by EBSnike

Example?

Shirvallah.

its not a coppied cost reduction Shirvallah is a giant effect based on a global factor not an individual cost reduction, if you zola a 1 cost shudderwock you still get a 9 mana shudderwock in your hand.

its not a coppied cost reduction Shirvallah is a giant effect based on a global factor not an individual cost reduction, if you zola a 1 cost shudderwock you still get a 9 mana shudderwock in your hand.

It’s actually called global variable.
Same with snowfury giant, once the conditions have been met, it will always cost its reduced cost to play it
01/31/2019 06:59 AMPosted by SweetTexas77

It’s actually called global variable.

yes that, I failed math. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

point stands even if I got the terminology wrong.
1800 posts and he's still completely lost