My 11 year old son reached rank 8 today!!

Play Mode Discussion
Right before school.

Its pretty cool.
Congratz to your kid!
Congratz!!! Now I have to wonder, what's MY problem?
Let me guess.. Hunter or Malygos OTK?
He's a cheater. I've been saying it for 12 years!
Wow, in this pace he will be legend by 13
Tell how easy rank is now when it skill level drop beyond belief. it now likes the old days with rank you really needed to grind to reach legend.
Intelligent kid, especially with the best decks becoming more common through ranks 20-10.
This is silly, it's just luck once u get the right deck. Any of top decks can beat a grand master.
Congratulations to your son! He should be proud of his achievement. :}
Only thing I wish for is for this game to be less costly for starters. It’s kind of hard inviting friends to play Hearthstone, which is a shame.
Congrats to your little one! Great job :)
5/10

They don't know you're trolling. Sad. You still caught some.
02/07/2019 08:21 PMPosted by TheDarkArmy
This is silly, it's just luck once u get the right deck. Any of top decks can beat a grand master.

Yep. Great article from 3/16/18 after watching the Championships

https://compete.kotaku.com/hearthstones-randomness-can-be-tough-for-pros-to-swallo-1823835943

Best line from the article.

People who ostensibly love the game will often undermine their own expertise by calling Hearthstone a “children’s card game.” Literal professionals will attribute their tournament victories to random number generators (RNG) instead of skill
02/07/2019 09:56 PMPosted by LiptonTea
Only thing I wish for is for this game to be less costly for starters. It’s kind of hard inviting friends to play Hearthstone, which is a shame.

^ Yep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZHma6JkJtI

The truth is out there - Hearthstone Mathematics on Youtube did the work. Here the truth just gets downvoted. Which who cares, its up to Activision and their bank numbers if they want to bring in new people and expand of just keep the down voters who don't spend money on the game anymore. They have all the cards and excess gold/dust.
02/08/2019 05:37 AMPosted by Slimjim

^ Yep

The truth is out there - Hearthstone Mathematics on Youtube did the work. Here the truth just gets downvoted. Which who cares, its up to Activision and their bank numbers if they want to bring in new people and expand of just keep the down voters who don't spend money on the game anymore. They have all the cards and excess gold/dust.

Up votes or down votes don't mean anything. Don't be a child. There are people with 10+ accounts who vote themselves up or down along with people they like or not. It's meaningless. I can point to a person in the last thread I made who I know has no less than 5 accounts.
02/08/2019 05:37 AMPosted by Slimjim

^ Yep

Except that video has questionable validity on the grounds that one of its fundamental assumptions is that the goal of the game is to collect as many cards as possible, and to do so one must purchase or obtain all cards from a set. This is false, as practically no one has the goal of collecting every card from every set because a vast majority of the cards from each set are just bad, even in jank decks. I'm not saying that Hearthstone isn't hard for newer players, but to say that the GOAL of playing Hearthstone is to collect all cards in every set and then base your video on that assumption is just bad.